PDA

View Full Version : Tweecer tuning on SD cars

QWKSNKE
08-05-2005, 10:10 AM
How do you tune speed density cars, such as the 86-88 mustangs and 93-95 lightnings.

What are the best paramters to datalog being that you don't have a MAF to do your adjustments with? Especially on a power adder application?

93Cobra#2771
08-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Damned if I know. There are a few SD guys on the tweecer board. I imagine they datalog their map sensor, and their KAMRF, plus the normal rpm/speed/tps, etc...

QWKSNKE
08-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Clint? Bob? Any input....

Wicked
08-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Damned if I know. There are a few SD guys on the tweecer board. I imagine they datalog their map sensor, and their KAMRF, plus the normal rpm/speed/tps, etc...

yeah I believe the only difference would be the MAP sensor and Wideband readouts.

I've had a couple of friends that used Speed Pro DFI and FAST systems.

boss96
08-06-2005, 10:34 AM
I have'nt worked with SD before but it is the same idea as the standalone systems, they use a "VE" table for fuel and spark which is based on rpm and load. The map sensor tells the eec how much load the engine is under. Presumably if you are n/a the map sensor output will correllate to the 0-.9 load values in the table. If you run boost you get a 1,2,3 bar map sensor and adjust accordingly.
It actually should be a simpler system to use.
Bob