PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers

Shorty
01-06-2005, 04:21 AM
i was talking with a guy at work tonite about mods. we were talking about my wheel decision problems. i have no problem with the Ponys except that they dont fill the rear wheel well out. he mentioned spacers, but i have never seen any for a Fox. does anyone know where these could be found at if they do make them. i tried a few searches and didnt come up with anything. also i know on a half shaft setup bringing the stance out with spacers and wheel offset is supposed to bad. but the live axle should handle this fine.....right. :shrug:

94five0
01-06-2005, 10:47 AM
pretty commom actually, goes back to teh "wider is better" idea. Maximum motorsports, H&R, eibach.. all sell wheel spacers. basically its jus kind of a look thing. but a 1 inch spacer pushes the wheels on the rotor, out flush against the fender flare in the case of the fox bodies.. onthe sncars, there is no fender flare so i've got 1 inch spacers in the rear an my 275's are right flush w/ the fender well..before, it sat out an inch behind the wheel well..nothin major, but its a simple appearance mod. and it looks good if your runnin a big tire, wide wheel package..it jus accentuates, its even more. if your not, it jus makes the normal wheels look flush w/the body.

QWKSNKE
01-06-2005, 11:37 AM
I haven't seen any for a fox 4-lug

RTGreen
01-06-2005, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't bother with spacers....just get some Mavromont 17X8 pony wheels with some 275/40's that will fill the wheel well fine.

:chug:

Shorty
01-06-2005, 01:44 PM
i dont want to buy more Pony's. two reasons i considered keeping them. dont have to spend money on wheels and hard to beat a 11 sec (someday) car with stock wheels and hood. :nice:

93Cobra#2771
01-06-2005, 02:12 PM
MM carries them in 4lug, I believe. Or, you could have some custom made at a machine shop...

Shorty
01-06-2005, 02:50 PM
MM carries them in 4lug, I believe. Or, you could have some custom made at a machine shop...

thanks for the info, they have them.

they are only available in 1/4". i will have to see if that is going to bring them out far enough. i am sure that a little wider tire in the rear would also help with this.