PDA

View Full Version : Trans question

rtusnake
08-15-2005, 01:29 AM
Guess this would be the place to put this. Don't know alot about automatic transmissions since I don't have one so don't read alot about them. My dad has a 98 f150 with a kenne bell running only 6lbs :baby: . But the problem is when shifting from first to second it takes forever and falls on its face. Seems like its hitting the rev limiter. I read alittle tonight and seems there is something you can do called the jmod. Just wondering how good this is if anyone knows about this and would it help his problem. I saw a transgo shift kit on ebay but read they was no good. If anyone has any tips please chime in with the knowledge.

Off topic but 100 posts :banana:

QWKSNKE
08-15-2005, 05:05 PM
KB Zilla has done the jmod on something :think:

I am sure he will respond in the morning

EZ SPEED
08-15-2005, 07:32 PM
You really need a factory tech valve body :yup:

I was gonna do the j mod in my Lincoln, but went with the Baughman (sp) shift kit, but it is a lot of work.

I put a factory tech valve body in our 04 Mach 1 and in my 03L and out of all the shift kits I have had....I prefer the Factory Tech over all of them.

And just for the sake of mentioning...the 93L has a Level 10 (whiplasher....and it shifts WAY to HARD)

rtusnake
08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Where can you get it? Don't know alot about the transmissions, so how hard are they to install?

uvbnhad
08-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Can you adjust the shift points similar to a stang using a flasher?

rtusnake
08-15-2005, 11:17 PM
From reading looks like that factory tech one is the way to go. Seems simple to install as well. Just wondering where you got yours from