PDA

View Full Version : I need a good A/C repair place in the montgomery area

lukem80
08-19-2005, 02:13 PM
I had developed a hole in the bottom a/c hose on my 01 bullitt GT... I replaced the hose myself, had a local place pull a vacuum and it held.. they put 3 cans of freon and some compressor oil in it...

that lasted about 48 hours. this morning on the way to work the A/C started to work intermediately every 5 minutes then it finally just quit blowing cold.

I suppose it leaked out somehow. the compressor is good. the car only has 13K on it.

anyone know of a good A/C place in the montgomery/auburn or even birmingham area that won't rip me off and could work on something with a vortech installed and not freak out?

thanks

5.0blackbrd
08-19-2005, 03:38 PM
I had developed a hole in the bottom a/c hose on my 01 bullitt GT... I replaced the hose myself, had a local place pull a vacuum and it held.. they put 3 cans of freon and some compressor oil in it...

that lasted about 48 hours. this morning on the way to work the A/C started to work intermediately every 5 minutes then it finally just quit blowing cold.

I suppose it leaked out somehow. the compressor is good. the car only has 13K on it.

anyone know of a good A/C place in the montgomery/auburn or even birmingham area that won't rip me off and could work on something with a vortech installed and not freak out?

thanks

I have used Allen's Radiator Service on Mt Meigs Road in Montgomery. They are very knowledgeable and reasonable. My Tbird is not what you would call stock. They even made me a new hose when a factory one wasn't available.

Mike Donley

lukem80
08-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I have used Allen's Radiator Service on Mt Meigs Road in Montgomery. They are very knowledgeable and reasonable. My Tbird is not what you would call stock. They even made me a new hose when a factory one wasn't available.

Mike Donley

sweetness. how are they on prices?

5.0blackbrd
08-19-2005, 09:10 PM
sweetness. how are they on prices?
I am sure of the exact price, but I had every hose, dryer, and compressor replaced for around $1000.00, including R-12 freon refill. I also needed a relay replaced that wasn't available except with the whole engine harness. He had to splice one in. It seemed like a good deal at the time. Of course, no A/C in a black car with black interior would make any deal seem good. :jester:

Mike Donley

lukem80
08-22-2005, 07:15 AM
I found the problem (sorta) AC works for 20 minutes and then quits and the compressor makes a hissing sound.

I shot a small clip of the compressor. seems like the compressor or clutch has gone bad? what do you guys think

AC VIDEO (http://www.bama.ua.edu/~ham003/ac.wmv)

natedawgg94
08-22-2005, 07:17 AM
THE r134a is a lot cheaper than the r12 so you should come out cheaper.

lukem80
08-23-2005, 08:07 AM
anyone got a price quote on a "99-02" Lightning AC clutch? or anyone round here work at a dealership??

I have to buy one of those since i got the 8-rib on the stang