PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who have installed a MM PHB

93Cobra#2771
08-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Any tips or tricks for the shadetree mechanic? Well, actually, the cool basement mechanic?

1. Anything I should watch out for?
2. Special tools/procedures?
3. Do you recommend welding anything?

Brown truck stopped by the house yesterday. :banana:

banditmwp
08-19-2005, 05:28 PM
:think:

Why didn't you just title this thread "Attn: Sendero" :jester:

Disney Lincoln
08-19-2005, 11:37 PM
NOthing needs welding, unless you want to weld up your lower torque boxes first.

You will need a 5/8" drill bit and probably a carbide burr too. You'll need a hacksaw too, but you should haev one.

You will haev to take the tail pipes off most likely and rework them after the PHB is on. They say that it will clear stock, Dynomax of Flowmaster tails..... They lied!

You will need a torque wrench, which you should have also.

And, a plumb bob...... I think thats about it......

I just installed a complete MM track kit(?) on this 91 Coupe. Very nice parts, everything fits very well and the instructions are great too. The PHB was fairly easy, but there is a lot of drilling involved. Get an air or electric drill to do this if you don't already haev one. My 18volt cordless didn't stand a chance against all that drilling.....

M1Speed
08-20-2005, 03:30 PM
You will need a 5/8" drill bit and probably a carbide burr too.

Make sure its new, even after one use it get dull. It also makes it alot easier if someelse is there, to get it sone faster.

Disney Lincoln
08-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Aint that the truth!!! All drill bits will need to be in good condition.

Here's a pic I took (from the ground). Not sure if you can tell anything from it or not.....

Sendero
08-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Placeholder until tomorrow. :jester:

93Cobra#2771
08-22-2005, 08:06 AM
:think:

Why didn't you just title this thread "Attn: Sendero" :jester:

Didn't know if anyone else had one or not. :D