PDA

View Full Version : ACC Carpets...

coupe
08-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Ok; I hear ACC Carpets are made in Anniston?!? Do any of you East-Siderz have the hookup on a carpet or two? Mustang of course. :D

Anyone ever tried their product? It's F/S in all the mail-order and magazines.

Shorty
08-22-2005, 02:51 PM
i talked to a guy a Steele on day that had just replaced his with one and recommended it. i will be replacing mine soon and plan to use this brand. FWIW. dont know where it is made tho.

Italian LX
08-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Ok; I hear ACC Carpets are made in Anniston?!? Do any of you East-Siderz have the hookup on a carpet or two? Mustang of course. :D
I do. . . and she's pretty hot too. :dirty:

Anyone ever tried their product? It's F/S in all the mail-order and magazines.
Lee has put one or two sets in his Cobra and had put one in the '94 GT before Richard got it. I plan on getting a set for the coupe when I do the cage.

It;s cheaper to get it through mail-order (as opposed to going to their place in Anniston because of the big discounts their dealers get; however, I recently met their marketing coordinator and can likely get a better discount. ;)

QWKSNKE
08-22-2005, 03:43 PM
ACC is pretty much the only automotive carpet in the retail world. If you buy carpet from most restore type places it is ACC that you get. There are 1 or 2 other carpet manufacturers that I know of.

Its good carpet. Last ACC set i bought for the 93 came from Late Model Resto. Seemed to be the best price at the time

slvrbullit
08-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Coupe you helped me install my ACC carpet last year in my car.

coupe
08-22-2005, 08:19 PM
...my ACC caret...
Yea. I thought of that later today. It was an awesome carpet. But yours was a nightmare of cutting excess right? Oh well; better that way than not enough material.

Italian...get that "marketing coordinator" all buttered up & maybe drunk...then get us all a discount. :nice:

If it's a girl, then maybe just ask her nicely. :jester:

:D

Italian LX
08-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Italian...get that "marketing coordinator" all buttered up & maybe drunk...then get us all a discount. :nice:
I'll see what I can do. :dirty:

rtusnake
08-22-2005, 09:50 PM
I have a set of floor mats from them. They are very good quality to me.

QWKSNKE
08-23-2005, 04:56 AM
I didn't have to cut any excess in mine :shrug:

EZ SPEED
08-23-2005, 06:40 AM
I have used ACC carpet and mats for many years (since 1989) and they have always been high quality and fit very well. :nice:

DSkeet
08-23-2005, 07:52 AM
I know a guy that works there and claims he can get me 50% off retail. How true that is I have no idea, but I will soon be getting with him for some carpet for my coupe at the same time I order my seat kit from 5.0 resto...

streetstang88
08-23-2005, 08:28 AM
you are better off ordering from latemodel restoration ...you will get it cheaper
but by the time you pay shipping may be about the same .....unless you get a discount from a insider like dskeet is gonna do

i called them about some carpet for my blazer..i live in anniston and was just gonna go pick it up i found out that i could get it cheaper or the same and have it shipped to my door step ....but acc is the best hands down you wont be dissapointed

QWKSNKE
08-23-2005, 10:12 AM
I know a guy that works there and claims he can get me 50% off retail. How true that is I have no idea, but I will soon be getting with him for some carpet for my coupe at the same time I order my seat kit from 5.0 resto...

its probably true because dealers who sale a lot get up to 40-50% off.

coupe
08-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Well; Dskeet, Brian, or whomever has a contact...come up with a price on 2-fox-mustang coupe carpets...Blue and Black, added to your carpet price. Maybe a group order? :think:

I know SPEC dealers can sometimes be cheaper than my "discount" but they're not making any money then. Shipping's a killer on 20-30 Lbs.

DSkeet
08-23-2005, 12:06 PM
I will see what I can find out, and if quantity order will help out the price or not...

Shorty
08-23-2005, 01:01 PM
if you can get group deal, put me down for a Fox GT in opal grey.

Italian LX
08-23-2005, 04:06 PM
I know a guy that works there and claims he can get me 50% off retail. How true that is I have no idea...
It's true. Their discount is actually over 50%, but not sure how many sets he could get at that cut. You're best bet is to go ahead and get yours through him.

I'm working on getting DSP set up with ACC and I'll see if we can sell them to you guys at a decent cut.

What are the magazines currently selling just the carpet for (without mats)?

QWKSNKE
08-23-2005, 04:42 PM
We are already setup Brian. But we don't have the volume to get a good discount

rtusnake
08-23-2005, 06:03 PM
How many people are needed?

coupe
08-23-2005, 06:12 PM
DSP...I would try "meeting" with someone personally and they might do you a better deal since you're local and less hassle (no hassle). By no means do this for just me...but it might prove to be a pretty good business if you approach it that way. I really need about 4-carpet sets for various cars...no; more like 5 or 6.

For now; I, personally, am just looking for two. :nice:

QWKSNKE
08-23-2005, 06:22 PM
DSP...I would try "meeting" with someone personally and they might do you a better deal since you're local and less hassle (no hassle). By no means do this for just me...but it might prove to be a pretty good business if you approach it that way. I really need about 4-carpet sets for various cars...no; more like 5 or 6.

For now; I, personally, am just looking for two. :nice:

I understand what you are saying Matt. But since they are local nearly everybody in Anniston is dealers for ACC (surprised our local Wal-mart isn't :jester: ). They are very very easy to become retailers for and require a high amount of $$ sales (thousands) to receive over a 20% discount. I can (and did) save almost $30 on a carpet set by buying retail from late model resto over walking in ACC and buying at our wholesale cost.

Italian LX
08-23-2005, 08:18 PM
I understand what you are saying Matt. But since they are local nearly everybody in Anniston is dealers for ACC (surprised our local Wal-mart isn't :jester: ). They are very very easy to become retailers for and require a high amount of $$ sales (thousands) to receive over a 20% discount. I can (and did) save almost $30 on a carpet set by buying retail from late model resto over walking in ACC and buying at our wholesale cost.
Actually, I already got us way over a 20% discount. ;)

coupe
08-24-2005, 07:08 AM
:nice:

Disney Lincoln
08-24-2005, 09:32 PM
I seem to always be the negative asshole... But.....

I haev used four ACC Carpets. Two of them were nice of about a year, then turned colors..BAD. The black carpet turned poop brown at about 12 months. The greay tuned light grey, The red looks great 2 years later, and th eBlue looks awesome as well.

They fit OK for me, I had to trim them all, but not too bad for my tastes. I LOVE the prices, but damn that black changed colors fast!

QWKSNKE
08-25-2005, 05:04 AM
is their a cleaner you are using on yours that may cause it to change?

coupe
08-25-2005, 08:15 AM
is their a cleaner you are using on yours that may cause it to change?

Or lack of a cleaning? :poke:

Poop Brown makes me wonder. :think:

:D

ujslost
08-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Bought my Carpet from 50resto, shipping and all wasnt over $120 i dont think