PDA

View Full Version : Commanding AFR

QWKSNKE
08-23-2005, 06:13 PM
After doing some reading on eectuning.org I am wondering if I have been doing this wrong in my car.

In the past I have been using the function WOT_fuel_multiplier vs rpm. I would adjust this on the dyno to dial in my w/band AFR. Is this wrong? Should I be doing this Tables under Fuel_table_base_OL?

Dale McPeters
08-23-2005, 08:05 PM
You should be dialing in the MAF curve to match the base OL fuel table...........with adaptive disabled. When this is accomplished recheck load if correct turn adaptive back on. From then on you can use the fuel table and your tune will not change all the time (if the maf etc. is correct of course).

Go here he should have the A9L stuff fixed by now.

http://www.geocities.com/efipunk/

QWKSNKE
08-23-2005, 08:13 PM
ahhh...Thank you very much. Hadn't seen that. Now I am going to review this for a little while before bed

Dale McPeters
08-23-2005, 08:22 PM
:D

boss96
08-23-2005, 08:34 PM
I think the best use for the wot fuel mult. is if you have a pegged maf where you can increase fuel by rpm, not airflow.
Bob

QWKSNKE
08-23-2005, 08:35 PM
ok question (while it is fresh on my mind)

Do I set the WOT_fuel_multiplier vs rpm at 1? (really don't remember what it was set at originally)

-and-

When is this Function used? In other words, at what point would you change it?

QWKSNKE
08-23-2005, 08:36 PM
I think the best use for the wot fuel mult. is if you have a pegged maf where you can increase fuel by rpm, not airflow.
Bob

oh ok..

QWKSNKE
08-23-2005, 08:40 PM
So am I understanding this right in that I turn adaptive off while performing the 'chart' on the dyno

86GT
08-23-2005, 09:52 PM
You should be dialing in the MAF curve to match the base OL fuel table...........with adaptive disabled. When this is accomplished recheck load if correct turn adaptive back on. From then on you can use the fuel table and your tune will not change all the time (if the maf etc. is correct of course).

Go here he should have the A9L stuff fixed by now.

http://www.geocities.com/efipunk/ (http://www.geocities.com/efipunk/)

Dale I read his theory (efipunk) and I think he has it backwards. KAMRF's below 1 are pulling fuel not adding. The KAMRF's below 1 mean the car is running rich and the EEC is pulling fuel (leaning) to compensate.

Base Fuel = (.5 * MAF * KAMRF) / (14.64 * LAMBSE)

In the above equation if all variable are constant except KAMRF then the Base Fuel follows.

The MAF correction should be MAF * KAMRF.

Dale McPeters
08-24-2005, 06:50 AM
Clint,

I have not looked at it in the past week or so as I thought he had it all fixed. I will go take a look here in a bit as I have a meeting until noon. He might possibly have a typo very easy to do as I know this first hand.

Dale McPeters
08-24-2005, 06:56 AM
So am I understanding this right in that I turn adaptive off while performing the 'chart' on the dyno

Yes that part is correct. Will look at the rest of it after meeting.....

Disney Lincoln
08-24-2005, 09:26 PM
ok question (while it is fresh on my mind)

Do I set the WOT_fuel_multiplier vs rpm at 1? (really don't remember what it was set at originally)

-and-

When is this Function used? In other words, at what point would you change it?

Yes, I always set it at one and make my adjustments in the MAF transfer. The Multiplier can be used when you get to the upper limits of your meter to keep the engine fueled if you peg.

Dale McPeters
08-25-2005, 07:00 AM
Ok here is another post from way back in 2001 or so by David Posea (you guys should know him) that pertains to MAF tuning. I have the original post that he made on this sometime in late 2000 or early 2001 on backup somewhere as it is worded a little different than what Raymond has posted. I will see if I can dig it up sometime this weekend.

http://www.iwantperformance.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000007

There is still some pretty good info on this site if anyone is interested. Although some of it we all know by now....:)