PDA

View Full Version : Accel Enrichment Fuel [topic split from other thread]

QWKSNKE
08-21-2005, 07:23 PM
starts at the next post......

QWKSNKE
08-23-2005, 03:35 PM
Here is my current tp rate (probably stock)

http://www.qwiksnake.com/Tweecer/TPrate.jpg

Dale McPeters
08-23-2005, 07:46 PM
Ok guys you need to look closely at the Accel Enrichment Fuel Table if you are still using 1.30A9 as the ECT & TP-Rate are backwards from what they should be........................

They are as follows...
ECT = "X"
Tp-Rate = "Y"

They are incorrect in the Caledit 1.30A9 software if I remember correctly as the numbers are not correct...........not sure if Mike ever got the database fixed for this.......

Lee, Email me your transfer sheet for the meter so I can take a look see......

mcpetedl at grandecom dot net (at = @ & dot = . )

86GT
08-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Ok guys you need to look closely at the Accel Enrichment Fuel Table if you are still using 1.30A9 as the ECT & TP-Rate are backwards from what they should be........................

They are as follows...
ECT = "X"
Tp-Rate = "Y"

They are incorrect in the Caledit 1.30A9 software if I remember correctly as the numbers are not correct...........not sure if Mike ever got the database fixed for this.......

Thanks Dale, I remember reading that but totaly forgot about it.

QWKSNKE
08-24-2005, 07:01 AM

They are as follows...
ECT = "X"
Tp-Rate = "Y"

:think:

Forgive my ignorant question but how do I correct this?

Dale McPeters
08-24-2005, 07:08 AM
OK time for one more before the boring meeting.....

I do not know of anyway to fix it with Caledit.....yet. I had been using GUI-Pro, EEC-Editor or PCMX to edit the binary. Then load the binary with Caledit to the TwEECer.

QWKSNKE
08-24-2005, 09:57 AM
I do not know of anyway to fix it with Caledit.....yet. I had been using GUI-Pro, EEC-Editor or PCMX to edit the binary. Then load the binary with Caledit to the TwEECer.

:eek: my headache just went to migraine status :shake:

More software to learn I guess. Where do I obtain the above software?

How do I calculate what the correct #'s should be.

Dale McPeters
08-24-2005, 04:23 PM
:eek: my headache just went to migraine status :shake:
:lol:

More software to learn I guess. Where do I obtain the above software?

Yep at least until Mike gets Caledit where it needs to be....
The PCMX software comes from Kevin Timmerman, I will have to get the link for you after I get home. EEC-Editor I have along with the GUI. The GUI copy that is not licensed is freeware.

How do I calculate what the correct #'s should be.

Have not had time to get to my laptop lately maybe this weekend or Friday afternoon? If I do not have to work.

QWKSNKE
08-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Have not had time to get to my laptop lately maybe this weekend or Friday afternoon? If I do not have to work.

Don't forget to blow dust off your little notebook and laptop this weekend and help me out with this. :D

If it is ok with you, I may go ahead and email my current file for you to look at and maybe correct this particular table (that this thread is about).

Let me know if you have time or are interested.

Dale McPeters
08-26-2005, 07:31 AM
Will do Lee.

I also sent a pm to thunderstang as he is on the list now. I thought he may be able to help out until I get back but have not heard any reply yet.

(Off Topic)
I am going to send you some binary data locations etc. to add to the download list. I had sent some of them to Jon on the EEC-Tuning site but for some reason they never got posted. This would be for people that want to edit the binary directly or use something other than the TwEECer software. Clint may have some additions to add to what I send as I think he has been hammering on some of them. I just do not have the time to do it as much anymore.
(On Topic)

QWKSNKE
08-26-2005, 08:57 AM
sounds good Dale

SHaFT7
08-27-2005, 07:36 AM
does that mean that everyone's table is backwards and needs to be rewritten, or that we just need to remember that if we edit it.....?

Dale McPeters
08-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Lee, check your pm's.....

gt90stang
09-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Dale,

I'm pretty sure the A9L AEM table is correct. For my A9P it was wrong and mike gave me an updated file that now makes my AEM table look like the A9L table but has different numbers for fuel. Less fuel hotter and more fuel for faster TARs seems to be right. Am I missing something?

Don

Dale McPeters
09-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Dale,

I'm pretty sure the A9L AEM table is correct. For my A9P it was wrong and mike gave me an updated file that now makes my AEM table look like the A9L table but has different numbers for fuel. Less fuel hotter and more fuel for faster TARs seems to be right. Am I missing something?

Don

Don,

I just downloaded and reinstalled Caledit Version 1.30A9 on my desktop pc and in the A9L the AEF table labeling is still incorrect. Here is an email that I recieved from thunderstang for Lee on the AEF table ect. I have not messed with the TwEECer software/hardware in a couple of months as I will be changing to the AEM system shortly and have been hammering away at their software. Got tired of waiting on the software update and need to have more than what the stock Ford EEC-IV can/will provide for the '93gt that I am working on.

Here 'tis...

Originally Posted by Thunderstang
A9L AE [Acceleration enrichment] Tweecer:

[Accel Pump Multiplier Global]-scalar- This scalar is a
multiplier against the values in the table [Accel Enrichment Fuel]. If you lower this number you lower the net value of the accelerator pump fuel shot.

[Accel Enrichment Fuel]-Table- values represented in this table are LBS/MIN.The smallest value available is 0 and the highest is 63. X-input= TAR= [throttle angle rate] Y-input= ECT/ACT

[Accel Enrichment Multiplier]-table-[Labeled wrong,should be Torque Truncation Table,retards spark]

Hope this helps,
Brian

I also checked the labeling in the PCMX, EEC-Editor & GUI-Pro software that I currently have, also dug into the binary file just to make sure. Caledit is incorrect....just that plain and simple. Take a look at Lee's screen shot a few posts up and you will see what I am talking about. If you look closely the x&y labels are backwards Caledit shows X=ECT (has tprate numbers) & Y=TPRATE(has ect/act numbers). This has been a known issue since I was moderator of the software forum when tweecer.oplink.net was still around.....in other words quite a while. I had sent numerous emails to Mike G. submitting known issues with the Caledit software with no replies. Maybe he just did not recieve them who knows but it was posted in the software forum....

Maybe Mike G. will have it fixed in the '05 release.... :jester:

93Cobra#2771
09-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Yeah, that'll happen. :jester:

I think all he is concerned about is selling more and more of the hardware, and reading the binaries on the new stuff (diesels and the 05's).

I will be amazed, frankly, if we ever see an update fixing the issues on our older EEC's...

93Cobra#2771
09-02-2005, 08:48 AM
BTW, Welcome to the forum, Don!

Dale McPeters
09-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Yeah, that'll happen. :jester:

I think all he is concerned about is selling more and more of the hardware, and reading the binaries on the new stuff (diesels and the 05's).

I will be amazed, frankly, if we ever see an update fixing the issues on our older EEC's...

Or an '05 release of the software for that matter...can you tell I am a little irritated about this........... :jester:

Oh yeah welcome to the forum Don !!

93Cobra#2771
09-02-2005, 09:01 AM
My support of the tweecer has been steadily declining this year. Then, the lost threads/bookmarks at the tweecer forum after the name change has finally pushed me over the edge...

You are not the only one a little irritated... :gatlin:

QWKSNKE
09-02-2005, 10:00 AM
well I hope that this forum will at least revive some knowledge whether he offers some support or not.

Of course we could all swap to the AEM software and have this forum focus on that :jester:

93Cobra#2771
09-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Group Purchase, Group Purchase! :banana:

gt90stang
09-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Mike G. fixed my A9P (A9M) AEF table for me really quick and the table was really convoluted before. I think he doesn't fix the A9L because it actually works out right even though the X & Y labels are flipped. It seems to stuff the right data in the right spot, I haven't verified this in the binary, but I've been working on issues with my KB being a little lean on tip-in with higher ACT temps and the stock tune had zeroes in the higher temp slots. Editing those by moving up the previous fuel settings seems to be working pretty good. Guess I need to know for sure what is going on here.

Click on the image below to see my AEF

Thanks, Don

Dale McPeters
09-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Don,

Your table looks to be correct as far as label/number setup. Mike has a habit of not posting the files for other people that need them. He just seems to do it on a person to person basis as required. It may work just fine if you are like thunderstang or I and have notes or know what needs to be done but given that Lee did not then the software "NEEDS" to be correct. Or worse yet someone that has just started out tuning on their own and took the X&Y values to heart and started modifying for ACT/ECT. Would not work out to good......

Yes if you edit this it will help with your setup. See the email that I attached from thunderstang. I should have a little more time this weekend to post some more on this subject. Just remember it is lb/min.

Have you adjusted the scalar value (global) to help with this at all? Or is it only doing it at certian spots & ACT temps?
You can also edit the ACT/ECT functions if you need to.

gt90stang
09-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Dale,

Yeah, one of the first things I got right after the idle, MAF curve and injector offsets was the accel pump multiplier - global. Then datalogs with WB02 at higher ambient temps to see the effect of ACT on various TARs. My biggest problem with my KB Blowzilla setup with 8 psi (10# pulley) is that during decel the ACT increases about 40*F, so at tip-in the ACT can be very high like 254*F when the ambients are over 100*F and the motor gets warm due to AC running say 215*F, so the zeroes in the higher temps just didn't cut it. Much better now :chug:

Don

Dale McPeters
09-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Don,

If you adjust these that may help you out some also.

FN020B = Scaling Fuel Table XX (should be the ECT/ACT and row number)
FN019B = Scaling Fuel Table Throttle Position (based on tprate & row)

Just remember not to change the first & last numbers in the x & Y......
You can edit the ones in between though.

Dale McPeters
09-03-2005, 07:58 PM
One thing that I forgot to add is do not forget that all of this tie's together when tuning (just like tuning a carb)......... :jester: