PDA

View Full Version : Who has done a Live Axle swap on 03 Cobra?

NO2MORO
08-28-2005, 02:22 PM
I am looking for some info on what all is involved on a Live Axle swap. I am currently working on an 03 Cobra with this swap. They are comlaining about a popping sound from the rear.

The popping sound is coming from the suspension. I was wondering if on the swap are you suppose to change out the upper spring perch. I was just thinking that who ever did the swap might not have thought about that fact.

To me it sounds like the springs are shifting on the perch and making the sound.

Any Ideas?

96GTS
08-29-2005, 10:35 AM
You cant remove the upper perches. Their welded/boxed to the frame. Something else is wrong. The swaps I've done havent had any noises....

TheJeanyus
08-29-2005, 06:46 PM
http://forums.qwiksnake.com/showthread.php?t=1202

QWKSNKE
08-29-2005, 08:21 PM
I am looking for some info on what all is involved on a Live Axle swap. I am currently working on an 03 Cobra with this swap. They are comlaining about a popping sound from the rear.

The popping sound is coming from the suspension. I was wondering if on the swap are you suppose to change out the upper spring perch. I was just thinking that who ever did the swap might not have thought about that fact.

To me it sounds like the springs are shifting on the perch and making the sound.

Any Ideas?

Sounds like to me that somebody left a control arm bolt loose :yup:

slvrbullit
08-29-2005, 10:08 PM
I agree with Lee, either a bolts is loose or they have busted a bushing.

Craig K.
09-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Concerning the bushings and bolts, you are suppossed to tighten those fastners with the cars wieght on the suspension, if they tighten them with the car in the air, it is very likely that is your problem.

myillwillinc
09-02-2005, 10:44 AM
also i read that some of the irs rears had 8mm bolts instead of 10mm and the popping could be the bolts shifting...

TheJeanyus
09-02-2005, 11:34 AM
also i read that some of the irs rears had 8mm bolts instead of 10mm and the popping could be the bolts shifting...
It's 12mm instead of 14mm. My car is one of them. :yup: