PDA

View Full Version : tweecer abd KB?

petethekiller
09-04-2005, 07:19 PM
total new guy here, thinking about getting a tweecer, actually want one but know nothing about tuning with a computer. got a KB@8psi on stock everything, except full exhaust. Heads and cam to come later. Keep getting CE light, codes are 158, 172 173, 176 177. I suppose they're saying the stock MAF is pegging out, and the car is running a bit lean. I would like to pick up 42lbers and a lighting MAF to cure this, but understand it needs some tuning. I was thinking about the KB switch chip but this stuff sounds more fun. I'm lookng for info on how to do this type of stuff, think I need MAF transfer's and injector slope to get started?? Anyone that used a tweecer and KB got any good hints?
Any info is appreciated, been poking around here for a few days using your search function, bunch of other mustang sites too. Haven't purchased any of this stuf yet(tweecer or injectors), still doing the research.
I'd appreciate any help, thanks
brian
94 gt, may be important huh?

Shorty
09-04-2005, 08:24 PM
:welcome: you came to the right place. any numbers on the KB yet. how about some details on the car.

petethekiller
09-05-2005, 12:20 AM
:eek: thank you, no numbers, i'm not into the drags or anything like that, just like a cool driver. my car, was an auto, did the t5 swap, got the KB1500, makes 8psi, full exhaust, frineds all say it sounds good, installed 3.55's, couple of other little things. heads and cam are to come in the future, hence the 42s and tweecer...just wanna gather info before I drop the green for it. I've been hunting around all the boards, ordered the recommended books from the tweecer site, even registered at a bunch of new sites(to me) like this one. I've learned more about ford fuel injection than i want to know, almost threw the towel in already and went with a chip, but again, this stuff ("self tuning") looks more fun

QWKSNKE
09-05-2005, 08:26 AM
it is fun but at the same time can give you headaches. As long as you have an open mind, patience to learn the software, and prepared for a steep learning curve, tuning can be for you.

We have several members here who have a lot of knowledge about tuning, so don't be afraid to ask questions if you make a tweecer purchase

93Cobra#2771
09-07-2005, 07:55 AM
I know of several people running a tweecer/KB combo, if that helps. Biggest issues with KB combos is tip in lean conditions during part throttle driving...

indy2000
09-12-2005, 10:45 PM
A friend and I both have KB/tweecer.......however we use the A9L. I know the eecIV in the 94-95 are a little harder to tune.
Here to help anyway i can.
BTW i have a KB2200/flowzilla 90mm tb and MAF.

petethekiller
09-12-2005, 11:20 PM
thanks for the replys, Been doing a bunch of reading on the tweecer, looking for some books to read while I'm in Kuwait, wanna o the homework before I mess with this thing. Just ordered the LMAF/injectors, holding off on the rest till I get back, kinda got a short notice deployment, so it'll all sit in the garage for a while. But, I'll be back, and in touch, prolly hit you guys up for soem basic info to get started, or if I really F something up.
again, thanks

86GT
09-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Get the GUFB strategy book. It has a bunch of good info. It is on my web site in the signature below.