PDA

View Full Version : 11" Clutch question

ChipR4cam
09-19-2005, 08:30 AM
I guess if I searched around a little I could find the answers I need, but I haven't started a thread in the tech section yet. :D

The always asked clutch question I need a good clutch for my car. It has to be an 11". I don't want a heavy pedal feel or an chattering at all and I don't want to spend alot of money. It doesn't need to be a super stout clutch. I will probably just be running DRs on a bolt-on Cobra. It may see slicks eventually. It also may see nitrous a good ways down the road. Then again it may not.

The main thing is drivability.

Sendero
09-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Why 11"? Have you already swapped the flywheel or are you planning on purchasing one for the swap?

Wall96cobra
09-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Why 11"? Have you already swapped the flywheel or are you planning on purchasing one for the swap?

The 11" clutch is stock in the 99-up cobras.

Well if you don't want to spend alot there's not alot of options, D&D has a stock replacement for $149 or an upgraded on with 50% more grip and kevlar/organic disc (like the mmr and centerforce) but it's $299.

http://ddperformance.com/ford%20clutches.htm

coupe
09-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Our SPEC Stage 1 has held around 400 hp pretty easily. Very nice drivability, but your quadrant plays a big role in smooth engagement/disengagement...
Our flywheel (steel or aluminum) has bolt pattern for 10.5" or 11" They both work but the 10.5 is a little lighter and holds pretty much the same power. :nice: You'll be looking at around $200 for either clutch...complete kit. :nice:

rtusnake
09-19-2005, 03:19 PM
I put an 11 inch clutch in mine when I did the trans swap in my car. I have spec 2 in my car and I'm happy with it. Did chatter some but went away pretty quick. I really need to get a nice quadrant though. I have the aluminum flywheel from the 03 cobras btw. Also believe around mid 01 the gt's got the 11 inch clutch as well.

banditmwp
09-19-2005, 09:14 PM
You'll be looking at around $200 for either clutch...complete kit. :nice:

Guess you shoulda bought it at FFW. :poke:

Jeanne's been pretty happy with her SPEC stage I. We'll find out soon enough how it holds up to track duty. :snatch:

But I agree, your quadrant has a lot to do with the driveability side of it.

ChipR4cam
09-21-2005, 07:08 AM
I though all quadrants had close to the same geometry?:dunno: