PDA

View Full Version : New Troubleshooting idea possibly

rtusnake
09-22-2005, 04:54 PM
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but this is the thrid time I have seen it. We have had 3 f-150s that would not crank after sitting for about a week. The truck would turn over but not start, like a fuel problem. Turns out ants are getting into the fuel pump relays and blocking the contacts. Not sure why they do it but they done it to all three. After cleaning out the relay the trucks would crank right up. Might be a problem on other cars. There is a small hole the ants get in. I checked a taruas parts car and its relays are sealed so they can't get in those. Thought it might be a good idea to throw this out there.

hevymtl
09-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but this is the thrid time I have seen it. We have had 3 f-150s that would not crank after sitting for about a week. The truck would turn over but not start, like a fuel problem. Turns out ants are getting into the fuel pump relays and blocking the contacts. Not sure why they do it but they done it to all three. After cleaning out the relay the trucks would crank right up. Might be a problem on other cars. There is a small hole the ants get in. I checked a taruas parts car and its relays are sealed so they can't get in those. Thought it might be a good idea to throw this out there.

:nice:

QWKSNKE
09-22-2005, 05:44 PM
good info. Never heard of that happening

CrimsonRacing
09-22-2005, 07:09 PM
stop using that Cherry scented Racing Fuel......... :rofl:

:metal:

93Cobra#2771
09-23-2005, 06:13 AM
Now that's a problem that would be a PITA to troublshoot...