PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting a good Datalog.

Disney Lincoln
09-27-2005, 12:59 AM
For some reason, with the RT hooked to the A9P I can't get a single good datalog. It will playback OK, but EA can't do anything with it. It works fine on my A3M1, but I can't do squat with this car.

It will always say there is missing info, bad cells, or some such thing. It's amazing i've gotten the car to run this well without it, but i'd like to fine tune it some more with EA to help with the MAF Xfer and TB airflow and all of the other wonderful features.

BTW, car runs like a raped ape now.

Italian LX
09-27-2005, 05:12 AM
That's wierd. I've yet to have any issues with EA and my A9P datalogs. Are you changing the strategy in CalCon to A9M?

Disney Lincoln
09-27-2005, 06:31 PM
That's wierd. I've yet to have any issues with EA and my A9P datalogs. Are you changing the strategy in CalCon to A9M?

I did.t know you had to? How do you do that???

Italian LX
09-27-2005, 06:57 PM
I did.t know you had to? How do you do that???
There is a pull-down menu at the bottom center of any tab in CalEdit. If you have an A9P then you would use the A9M strategy (they're both in the same family). :nice:

Disney Lincoln
09-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Oh, Caledit, yeah, of course I've got the strategy set in there. Wouldnt be able to read anything otherwise.

You had said Calcon, that's why I was confused.

Italian LX
09-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Oh, Caledit, yeah, of course I've got the strategy set in there. Wouldnt be able to read anything otherwise.

You had said Calcon, that's why I was confused.
Ooops, my bad.

Yeah, I was thinking it wouldn't work at all with the wrong strategy. Sorry.

Disney Lincoln
09-27-2005, 11:48 PM
No problem, I'm just looking for a mystery answer I think. I haev reinstalled Caledit like 590 times and it still won't synch up.

Italian LX
09-28-2005, 05:22 AM
No problem, I'm just looking for a mystery answer I think. I haev reinstalled Caledit like 590 times and it still won't synch up.
I wonder if it has something to do with your operating system.

I have had issue with other programs on my computer which ended up being a resault of a problem in the OS. Once I would reload Windows, the problem would be fixed.

I know this is not a "simple" fix and it requires losing a lot of data or performing one hell of a back-up, but it needed to be done in my case and it fixed a lot of other issues I had. There may be a way to "fix" Windows without reloading it, but I'm pretty lazy so I just format C: and reload it. :D

SthrnDaizey
09-28-2005, 05:29 AM
There is a way to "fix" XP if I remember correctly.

Italian LX
09-28-2005, 06:44 AM
There is a way to "fix" XP if I remember correctly.
Yeah, there's ways to "fix" all of Windows operating systems, but I have never had any luck using them. Yhey usually fix some parts, but other areas are still screwed up.

Disney Lincoln
10-03-2005, 10:20 PM
I bet you are right ItalianLX This laptop is on windows ME and it's a big pile of poo if you ask me. Suck part is that I haev EA in it and now when I get a new laptop I will have to get a new liscense. Luckily they are priced right and i'll be supporting a good cause.

Brian-Mc
10-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Disney... talk to Clint... I am sure he may help with the EA...

Dale McPeters
10-04-2005, 08:06 AM
I bet you are right ItalianLX This laptop is on windows ME and it's a big pile of poo if you ask me. Suck part is that I haev EA in it and now when I get a new laptop I will have to get a new liscense. Luckily they are priced right and i'll be supporting a good cause.

Just an FYI, Caledit & Calcon have some issues when using ME..... :jester:

86GT
10-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Format that box and put a different OS on it. I will help you out on the EA stuff.

Disney Lincoln
10-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Cool. Thanks for the info guys. I amgoing to see about getting a new (to me) laptop today.