PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this 96-98 cobra intake??

Scothew
09-28-2005, 02:46 PM
It looks like crap though. It cant be the FR500 as this one says it is a standalone, and the FR500 has to be on C heads.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=3816

M-9424-T46*
The high performance kit is designed to offer a substantial improvement in both low and high RPM performance when used as a stand alone modification, but more than that, it is key to the basic system approach when used with all our other high performance components. This kit will include 34 lb. injectors, air meter and fuel rails.

The manifold is what we call a Variable Geometry design, by which we can change the runner length according to the RPM of the engine. This results in a very broad torque curve. The low RPM torque (often a problem with multiple valve engines) is greatly increased by using long runner lengths, and airflow for high RPM operation is maximized when the manifold changes to the short runner configuration. The engine now pulls right to the RPM limit without ever running out of breath.

Cast from magnesium alloy for lowest possible weight.

Sendero
09-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Clicky (http://forums.qwiksnake.com/showthread.php?t=576&highlight=intake)

It is the FR500. It requires C Heads.

Scothew
09-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Dang. I was hoping ford came out with something for us.

Sendero
09-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Dang. I was hoping ford came out with something for us.

Unfortunately, no. B Headed Cobra's are the bastard child of FRPP.

TheJeanyus
09-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Unfortunately, no. B Headed Cobra's are the bastard child of FRPP.
:werd: 96 - 98 Cobras get the shaft not only from Ford, but the aftermarket as well.

slvrbullit
09-28-2005, 08:02 PM
there is a new aftermarket one out in the latest MM&FF. Check it out.

Sendero
09-28-2005, 08:44 PM
:werd: 96 - 98 Cobras get the shaft not only from Ford, but the aftermarket as well.

I can't help but wonder if its because of the "race inspired" heads. Other than some minor bowl work, you cannot gain that much by working over our heads. Its sort of hard to build low end torque with hogged out intake ports, Ford. :doh:

Oh well, boost it and be done with it. :D

rtusnake
09-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh well, boost it and be done with it. :D[/QUOTE]

:banana: The only parts out there are a arm and a leg to. I would like to have some nice cams but 4 of them are pricey.

TheJeanyus
09-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Oh well, boost it and be done with it. :D
:yup: Forged short block + turbo = :burnout: