PDA

View Full Version : cold start stumble....

QWKSNKE
09-30-2005, 07:01 AM
Anybody else expereinced this.

Basically any time my car is started up cold, it stumbles when going down the road (kinda like an old carb car). Clears up after about a block of driving. My car started this a month or two after the old tune was done (before the 60# injectors)

Italian LX
09-30-2005, 07:09 AM
My car has just about always done the exact same thing since I have been modifying it. It always seemed worse when it gets colder. If I let the car idle for a couple minutes or so, it usually won't do it. But like you said, it clears up after a few blocks.

I've never really paid attention to trying to fix it, but if there is a cure, I'd be willing to go with it. I've just had too many other things to work on to worry about that. :D

Dale McPeters
09-30-2005, 07:17 AM
What is the ECT/ACT reading when this happens?

boss96
09-30-2005, 08:40 AM
Go to scalars, "manifold volume", reduce the value a few points and see if it helps. If not, then increase the value and check again. It is used as an accelerator pump and will fix that problem.
Bob

boss96
09-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Wait a minute, I mixed you up with another user on eectuning.org that has the same user name but has a 96 cobra.
In your case I'm not as familiar with the eec in your car, look for something that controls accelerator pump function, you should have that and again, that is what you need to change.
Bob

Dale McPeters
09-30-2005, 09:08 AM
Bob,

Glad you are still around... :banana:
In the above cases it could also be when the EEC just starts to make the transition from OL fuel to CL fuel based on the ECT/ACT tables/functions or the ISC/ECT function or O2 switching.
That is one of the reasons I asked about the temps...... ;)

QWKSNKE
09-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Wait a minute, I mixed you up with another user on eectuning.org that has the same user name but has a 96 cobra.

Bob

yeah I saw that awhile back. Freaking geek stole my name !!! :boxer:

Dale McPeters
09-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Also look at your startup fuel table as it is based on time instead of ECT/ACT as you did not specify an amount of time......and I do not know how long it takes you to drive a block.... :jester:

QWKSNKE
10-01-2005, 06:14 PM
your revision helped the stumble a little bit. It wasn't as bad this morning as it usually is. :nice:

Dale McPeters
10-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Lee,

Take a look at the file I sent back to you versus what you sent me and you can see the items that I "tinkered" with, may need a just a little more. You may also want to zero out the 35 sec row in the FN1306 - Fuel Table - Startup. Just like I did on the 45 sec. row.

QWKSNKE
10-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Will do. I think I am going to fool with the car for a little while tomorrow

Dale McPeters
10-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Let me know how it goes as I should be around tomorrow working on my car..... :banana: