PDA

View Full Version : Ford Racing control arms?

rtusnake
10-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Are the ford racing upper and lower control arms pretty good compared to the other ones on the market? The uppers are $57 and the lowers are $230. I'm not to suspension savy so I don't think I would do to well with adjustable ones.

slvrbullit
10-04-2005, 01:31 PM
All depends on your intended use of the car i.e drag racing, road racing, limited race duty. I had the UPR urethane bushings and control arms aand tore them up within a year. Now I have the UPR upper and lower Pro Series---No bushing all Hiem joint and like them so far.

Italian LX
10-04-2005, 02:21 PM
I recommend F5R upper/lowers for a street/strip car. :nice:

rtusnake
10-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I go to the drag strip some but not often, I've been probably 6 times in the last 3 years. Just looking for something to help traction some.

Italian LX
10-04-2005, 04:19 PM
I go to the drag strip some but not often, I've been probably 6 times in the last 3 years. Just looking for something to help traction some.
Then I would stick with my Factory-5 recommendation. :yup:

Shorty
10-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Then I would stick with my Factory-5 recommendation. :yup:

just hope you dont have to send one back. they wont tell me if my new one will be here by the weekend. i couldnt even get anyone to confirm that the old one had arrived. but the price is right and just from loading the suspension on the stands those things are stiff as hell. :nice:

rtusnake
10-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Where is a good place to get them?

Shorty
10-05-2005, 04:04 AM
http://parts.factoryfive.com/newcatalog/chassis/fourlink.htm

Craig K.
10-05-2005, 05:51 AM
The FRPP is a stock stamp arm with an upgraded bushing. The bushing is the same one that was used in the '93 to '98 Cobra's

I don't think I would waste my money on this, I would rather spend more and get a real arm.

coupe
10-07-2005, 01:15 PM
The FRPP lowers are now none-other-than "Mega Bite Jr's" ! ! ! Those are badass lowers.
The uppers are boxed-in too I think, and with a better bushing, they will be fine for a street-car with occasional track use.

Shorty
10-07-2005, 09:56 PM
FWIW: FFR sent my new are in good timing. very happy with the second guy i talked to in customer service. they actually sent both lowers. not sure what good one passenger side lower is gonna do. maybe a spare in the wild case one arm goes bad. :shrug:

Italian LX
10-07-2005, 10:28 PM
The uppers are boxed-in too I think, and with a better bushing. . .
I'm pretty sure they are not boxed in. I belive it was Nathan that had bought a set a couple years back and they were just stock stamped peices. Hell, the bushing didn't look any different than stock either. :shrug:

rtusnake
10-08-2005, 12:34 AM
The lowers seem to be a nice set from what I read on them. This is what the lowers look like in the catalog
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Racing-Mustang-HD-Upper-Control-Arm-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33583QQitemZ8005033 683QQrdZ1

Craig K.
10-08-2005, 07:02 AM
I'm pretty sure they are not boxed in. I belive it was Nathan that had bought a set a couple years back and they were just stock stamped peices. Hell, the bushing didn't look any different than stock either. :shrug:

Your correct, the FRPP uppers are a stocked stamp arm with a higher durometer bushing. This was the arms that were used on the SSP cars, and I know for sure, the 94/95 Cobras (maybe 93 also, not positive though).

This arm is not "boxed"