PDA

View Full Version : 93 Lightning Turbo Buildup - - Official Thread

EZ SPEED
10-08-2005, 04:58 AM
This will be the official thread for this buildup. :banana:

I will post more pics and such as I progress through the installation and keep it all in here so there wont be a lot of smaller post floating around.

After collecting parts for the past 5 months, I now have everything needed for the Intercooled Turbo setup on my 93 Lightning.

All the hot/cold pipes were designed and built by Dave Pickrel of Pickrel Performance in Ohio.
This is the second kit that he has made for the "stock" style Gen 1 Lightnings. Dave has built quite a few "race" only setups for Gen 1's but they were not practical for me, I wanted to retain the factory air conditioning, power steering, etc. I also will be using the factory Speed Density computer whereas the first truck to receive this kit was a mass air tuned truck. So we will have to see how this works out.

I plan on starting the install today. The first item of install will be the PowerStroke diesel intercooler. It takes some modifications to the core support, hood latch, and transmission cooler assembly to get it to fit properly, so this will be one of the two most time consuming parts of the build.
The second most time consuming part will most likely be the inline fuel pump install which I plan to do last.

I am sure this will take a couple of weeks since I plan to take my time and enjoy the buildup.

Once its all together, Lee (QWKSNKE) has volunteered his tuning skills to get all running with the TwEECer before heading to the dyno. I plan to keep this as my daily driver so there wont be any earth shattering dyno numbers out of this one. The T70 is capable of 800 flywheel horsepower, or about 650 rwhp.

But, I plan to take it from the 240 rwhp that it has now into the 400 rwhp range and that should be enough.
Remember that this motor is completely stock internally with 209,000 miles and has never even had the valve covers removed, and I am not sure what kind of power the transmission can take (it currently has about 90,000 miles on it since the last rebuild). So "about" 400 rwhp should be sufficient for now.

This truck has to be reliable since it is my daily driver, and I beat on it and abuse it HARD every day.

Here is a list of the parts pictured:

Ford PowerStroke Diesel Intercooler
Grey powdercoated "cold" side piping
3.5" Aluminized Exhaust system
3.5" Dynomax Ultraflow welded muffler
3.5" powdercoated exhaust tip
Miscellaneous clamps, silicone couplers, etc.
Walbro 255 Inline Fuel Pump and 42# Injectors
Turbonetics Variable Boost Control kit
Vortech Mondo Bypass Valve
Master Power T70 Turbo
Turbo headers and misc. "hot" side piping
Braided lines for oil control to and from the turbo
Copper header gaskets
Autometer Phantom Boost Gauge
AEM Wideband 02 Kit
Mustang Dash pod for custom gauge mounting
K&N Air Filter 4" inlet
And more misc. clamps

Some of the pieces not shown in the picture:
TwEECer computer tuner (already installed in the truck)
Tial 38mm Wastegate (late shipment, should be here Monday)

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo002.jpg

The Master Power T70 Turbo !!!

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo004.jpg

And the 2 - 1/16" Boost gauge compared to the 3.5" Exhaust tip !!!

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo005.jpg

QWKSNKE
10-08-2005, 05:14 AM
Once its all together, Lee (QWKSNKE) has volunteered his tuning skills to get all running with the TwEECer before heading to the dyno.

:eek:

Tuners will be QWK, Italian, and.....

Dale Mc. :D

EZ SPEED
10-08-2005, 06:50 AM

Tuners will be QWK, Italian, and.....

Dale Mc. :D

:yup:

QWK - tuner
Italian - datalogger
Dale Mc. - TECH SUPPORT :jester:

Craig K.
10-08-2005, 06:59 AM
This is going to be a good thread, thanks Eric!

Italian LX
10-08-2005, 07:51 AM
Awsome! :metal:

. . . now hurry up and get it done before Track Day so I'll have something to drive after I blow my motor up on the dyno. :D

EZ SPEED
10-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Awsome! :metal:

. . . now hurry up and get it done before Track Day so I'll have something to drive after I blow my motor up on the dyno. :D

:lol: :rofl:

Disney Lincoln
10-08-2005, 08:27 AM
This is going to be an awesome project!

Shorty
10-08-2005, 08:36 AM
that is going to be sick KB. :nice:

CrimsonRacing
10-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Eric..........that is one very nice project you got going there........

Looking foward to the updates......Are you building the '93 for FFW in Atlanta by chance or is this just something new for Daddy to play with on occasion?

As for mine........I have so very much wanted to participate in the TS part of FFW ever since I got the '88 back in 2000 and now it seems this is my best chance.

I figure it will take me from now until about late March before all the parts are collected for the '94 and then have it installed,tuned and ready for the trip to Atlanta.......

Dont'cha just luv NEW STUFF.............. :metal:

EZ SPEED
10-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Eric..........that is one very nice project you got going there........

Looking foward to the updates......Are you building the '93 for FFW in Atlanta by chance or is this just something new for Daddy to play with on occasion?

As for mine........I have so very much wanted to participate in the TS part of FFW ever since I got the '88 back in 2000 and now it seems this is my best chance.

I figure it will take me from now until about late March before all the parts are collected for the '94 and then have it installed,tuned and ready for the trip to Atlanta.......

Dont'cha just luv NEW STUFF.............. :metal:

This is just something I have wanted to do since the first week I owned the truck. Now about a year and a half later its gonna happen. ;)

Just like you Richard, I had a dream and all the parts and pieces are coming together. :nice:

Yeah, make Damn sure you have your car ready for FFW. This year was my first to participate in the True Street Class.....and I am hooked. We had a blast even though we were in a bone stock Mach 1. The cruise and the friendships are the best parts. I hope to do it every year from now on.
Also, when I went to Lightning Fest...I was in the True Street Truck class......exactly the same as FFW True Street but Lightnings instead of Mustangs :metal:

Also, thanks everyone for the compliments. I will update this as I start swapping stuff out. :chug:
Just another 1.5 hours here at work then I can go home and get started :banana:

CrimsonRacing
10-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Eric.....I realize because of the lack of experience on the track,I have no chance for any sort of win in T/S,but I like you wanna enjoy the time spent with the racers.....Making the ride and the 3 passes is something I have only been able to dream about.

Maybe this will be my only entrance into T/S with the '94,but I do want to be a part of the experience.....Watching is kool but being a real part of the event is what I yearn for more than anything.

:metal:

96GTS
10-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Badass project. You have two sick ass Lightnings. My good friend has a black Gen1 (93, 130K). He wants to sell it but I'm trying to get him to mod it! Hurry up and finish so I can give him inspiration! :metal: :metal:

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo005.jpg
Thats what I'm looking for! What color is the outside of the tip powdercoated??

EZ SPEED
10-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Thats what I'm looking for! What color is the outside of the tip powdercoated??

Not sure of the exact color. I will try to remember to ask Dave the next time I talk to him.

fireguy50
10-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Speed Density tuned Turbo?
this will be fun to watch

Dale McPeters
10-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Speed Density tuned Turbo?
this will be fun to watch

Ryan
Can I watch too.......:D ....I heard from a little birdie that you were going to tune this one...... :banana:

KB Zilla,
You have some nice looking parts there, did Dave give you a good price on the Master Power?

EZ SPEED
10-08-2005, 08:31 PM
KB Zilla,
You have some nice looking parts there, did Dave give you a good price on the Master Power?

Thanks !!
I got the MP T70 during a group purchase that was on Turbomustangs.com, got it from JOE @ http://boostedsystems.com/

fireguy50
10-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Ryan
Can I watch too.......:D ....I heard from a little birdie that you were going to tune this one...... :banana:
Phsss! I'd rather give away one of my new kits than do a SD tune!
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=73
But I sold the design to Pro-Mass Air Systems

EZ SPEED
10-08-2005, 09:11 PM

Free parts...I will take free parts anytime :jester:

Shorty
10-09-2005, 12:54 AM
is it dont yet. :shrug:

:jester:

Shankin
10-09-2005, 09:13 AM
We have a guy in our area with a ys on a lightning with that same intercooler.If you can find another cooler you would be better off.

Dale McPeters
10-09-2005, 10:02 AM

Hey I had forgotten about that kit that you had made...
Have they ever updated their website yet?

Dale McPeters
10-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks !!
I got the MP T70 during a group purchase that was on Turbomustangs.com, got it from JOE @ http://boostedsystems.com/

Yeah I talked to him on the phone about some of the 60-1's here a while back. He or Brian are about the cheapest I have found as far as the Master Power Turbo's go..... ;)

So far the master power's seem to be working quite well for all the people that I know that run them. There have only been a few glitches a couple of seal leaks etc. but Joe has stood behind all of them so far...

Dale McPeters
10-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I would prefer that you give him a kit also.......:)

EZ SPEED
10-09-2005, 10:34 AM
We have a guy in our area with a ys on a lightning with that same intercooler.If you can find another cooler you would be better off.

Many, many Gen 1 Lightning guys use these coolers. They work great....is there something better....OH YES !!, but for the money its the best bang for the buck. I picked up mine used off ebay for $167 to my door !!!

Remember...this truck is on a budget ;)

I dont want to spend more on a cooler than I paid for the truck :jester:

EZ SPEED
10-09-2005, 10:36 AM
I would prefer that you give him a kit also.......:)

Me too :jester:

Seriously, I have a Lightning 90mm Mass air and in about 3 weeks I will have a SCT BA 2400 mass air also. So it wouldnt take much to change over. I just didnt want to do it unless I had to.

QWKSNKE
10-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I think we should SD just to see first, if it doesn't work out, then Ryan can send you one of those kits for free

1sicklx
10-09-2005, 12:39 PM
:nice: tuned in for this one. :)

fireguy50
10-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey I had forgotten about that kit that you had made...
Have they ever updated their website yet?
Pro-MAS updates their site every week.
My harness will be on this fordmuscle.com project truck:
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/05/WorkTruck/index.php
It's typically for C6 & manual trans trucks.

My E4OD harness (coming soon) will convert to EEC-V :jester:
http://fordfuelinjection.com/images/OBD-II-conversion.jpg
I think we should SD just to see first, if it doesn't work out, then Ryan can send you one of those kits for free
I hope everybody knows Ford SD computers clip the MAP off at 2PSI
Once it's hit's 2PSI, it assumes max load. :popcorn:

Dale McPeters
10-09-2005, 07:21 PM
I hope everybody knows Ford SD computers clip the MAP off at 2PSI
Once it's hit's 2PSI, it assumes max load. :popcorn:

Yeah I had talked to Raymond B. about this last year as we had tried to do a turbo on a SD. The guy finally ended up going to Mass Air because the pcm was clipping the fuel/spark etc. Could never get the VE table etc. to do what was required, not quite like the GM ecm's. I have seen all the things that they are/have done on the factory SD ecm's to try to run more boost. It is easier to go to mass air to start with and save all the headaches.
I think he even sent the file to Raymond to see what he could to with it as he is the local area Lightning guru. I think he finally got everything worked out after the conversion.....

fireguy50
10-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Wow this sure sounds like fun :doh:

93Cobra#2771
10-10-2005, 09:08 AM
:popcorn:

QWKSNKE
10-10-2005, 10:16 AM
So Ryan and Dale,

Are we saying that it cannot be done on a SD vehicle with the Tweecer because of software limitations?

93Cobra#2771
10-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Sounds more like an EEC limitation than a software limitation...

Shankin
10-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Many, many Gen 1 Lightning guys use these coolers. They work great....is there something better....OH YES !!, but for the money its the best bang for the buck. I picked up mine used off ebay for $167 to my door !!!

Remember...this truck is on a budget ;)

I dont want to spend more on a cooler than I paid for the truck :jester:
7 psi pressure drop is what we found with my friends truck.

QWKSNKE
10-10-2005, 12:19 PM
damn, was it clogged up? that's a big loss

Dale McPeters
10-10-2005, 12:21 PM

7 psi..... :devileek:

EZ SPEED
10-10-2005, 12:23 PM

Here is one guys findings:
Posted by SSTOCK on NLOC.net

Powerstroke Intercooler Info/limitations
I've been kind of wondering just how good this IC is over the past year or two. It works well , fits good and covers the grill nicely and is factory appearing, and does appear to cool the charge very well. As most of us know who run this IC, the core is very large both height and width. The tubes that carry the air charge are long for good heat transfer, but however because of their length, it has a considerable amount of restriction to flow.
Today, I placed a bung in the inlet side of the IC as well as the inlet manifold to try and ascertain the difference. With my 12 rib setup, I was making 19psi on the inlet of the IC core and just 14.5psi at the throttle body, meaning 4.5lbs of boost lost through the IC, piping and throttle body. I guess I should place a bung on the outlet side of the core to see the true drop in the IC.
Bottom line though, I think for the street the PSD IC is a good way to go say to 10-12psi, much past that you are loosing too much boost which equates to more heat generation by the blower.

Then he posted:

I went ahead and put a bung on the exit side of the IC. So I could get a true through the IC loss figure. It looks like 3psi through the PSD IC and 1.5 psi through the IC pipes and throttle body. I'm thinking The pipes are all 3" and mandrel bended so the 65mm throttle body is a reasonable restriction.

I will take 3psi drop for $167 :jester: Also I am running a 70mm TB ;)

Someone must have stuck a Tater in your friends IC :jester:

Dale McPeters
10-10-2005, 12:31 PM
So Ryan and Dale,

Are we saying that it cannot be done on a SD vehicle with the Tweecer because of software limitations?

Lee,

I beleive Richard is correct in saying that it is more of an EEC limitation than a TwEECer limitation. There maybe some tuning Gods out there that maybe able to get it to run correctly but so far the best way that I have seen is to just go to mass air to start with and save all the headaches..
People always seem to confuse the after market SD units with the Ford EEC SD units and they are not anything a like.....

You might send an email to Raymond Brantly at www.iwantperformance.net or drop him a line on the Yahoo EEC-Tuner site as he is the only Lightning guy that I know personally. He has tuned quite a few of these SD vehicles in the past and does a very good job from what I have seen first hand. He tuned a NA one when we were at Speedworks tuning Calib's car....
He may have a different opinion on the subject. It cannot hurt to ask him his his opinion as he has or had a Lightning if I remember correctly.

I will say IMHO it would be better to go to a MAF setup with the turbo. Note this is just MHO, YMMV....:D

Dale McPeters
10-10-2005, 12:39 PM
I will take 3psi drop for $167 :jester: Also I am running a 70mm TB ;)
Someone must have stuck a Tater in your friends IC :jester:

I would use the $167 one myself as 3 psi on a street vehicle is not going to hurt you to much.
I had 2.5psi drop across an old one and it worked just fine.
The only time you really need the 1.5psi or less drop IMHO is when you are trying to make the max amount of HP that you can make...
Also you can always upgrade later on if you need to....or when funds are available.

Note this is just MHO.

fireguy50
10-10-2005, 03:34 PM
So Ryan and Dale,

Oh you can do it very easily, but it won't make you happy.

Basicly what all the SD folks do is tune everything over 2PSI as full boost / max load / WOT.
Which means, if the turbo makes 3PSI early in the RPM band.....
Anytime you add a little boost without going to WOT your tune will be FUBAR.

So, you can have a nice idle, good full throttle, and crapy inbetween.

Also what injector will you be using?
I don't see low slope / high slope scalars in the C3P* binarys.
So larger inejctors will not be easy to tune

Dale McPeters
10-10-2005, 03:48 PM

Ryan,

If I remember correctly there is no low/high slope the injector sizes are under the scalar tab....I think as I have not looked at one of these in quite a while. I found a post by someone that actually got one tuned but
forgot what year model. I will have to see if I can dig up the post. I think it was on NOLC though.........

fireguy50
10-10-2005, 03:56 PM
everything I could find in the C3P* with CalEdit 1.30A10

injector functions:
injector_comp_battery_volts

injector scalars:
injector_min_pulsewidth
injector_size(lb/sec)

don't see any injector tables

Dale McPeters
10-10-2005, 04:10 PM
I think that is where the VE tables and the engine displacement multiplier may come in to effect.....
I will try to take a look tonight to see if I have anything else on these.

QWKSNKE
10-10-2005, 06:12 PM

he is using 42's

Sounds like the MAF conversion will be done.

EZ SPEED
10-10-2005, 07:31 PM
he is using 42's

Sounds like the MAF conversion will be done.

Based on the information you guys have been providing, Lee and I have been seriously considering the MAF conversion.

I hoped to be posting pics of the PSD intercooler installed, but I have had a minor setback. My radiator must have been replaced at some point and is about 1.5" wider than the factory one. This is a problem because it will not fit between the intercooler inlet/outlets.

I will be taking the intercooler to work and have the inlet tube cut off and re-welded back at a little more of an angle to give the clearance I need for the install.

But here is a couple of pics to show that I am doing something :jester:

Yes my truck looks like crap close up :rolleyes:

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo006.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo007.jpg

QWKSNKE
10-10-2005, 07:48 PM
take the bumper off and that's exactly what my 250 looks like right now :(

Sendero
10-10-2005, 07:58 PM
1.30A10? Where might I find this?

Italian LX
10-10-2005, 08:24 PM
I'll never tell. :evil:

93Cobra#2771
10-11-2005, 06:24 AM
:hiding:

EZ SPEED
10-11-2005, 06:37 AM
So far so good......as of 6am this morning....the intercooler inlet has been cut off rotated and rewelded back on to give more of an angle to clear the radiator.

I just wish I wasnt at work right now so I could go home and make sure it fits.

If it doesnt then we will cut off the outlet and angle it also. But hopefully this should do the trick.

Keep your fingers crossed ;)

fireguy50
10-11-2005, 12:45 PM
:hiding:

coupe
10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
KB, lemme know if you need anything pertaining to the setup. I've got the turbo-shop at the house now. Back-in-business...sort-of. :nice:

Goes for anyone needing turbo anything :D

EZ SPEED
10-11-2005, 06:43 PM
KB, lemme know if you need anything pertaining to the setup. I've got the turbo-shop at the house now. Back-in-business...sort-of.

Thanks coupe, I will let you know if I need anything. :nice:

:banana:

The repositioning of the inlet worked !!! :banana2:

The PowerStroke Intercooler is installed, fabricated a bracket to hold the trans cooler, clearanced the hood latch assembly, and the front end is all back together !!! :metal:

Time to move on the the next step....

Here are some miscellaneous pics of todays accomplishments.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo008.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo009.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo010.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo011.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo012.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo013.jpg

TheJeanyus
10-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Goes for anyone needing turbo anything :D
:hmm: :evil:

Lookin' good, Eric. :nice:

93Cobra#2771
10-12-2005, 06:14 AM
Looks like a great beginning to a tech article... :D

Dale McPeters
10-12-2005, 07:40 AM

I agree......:D
Nice job on the intercooler.

QWKSNKE
10-12-2005, 09:59 AM

yep. when everything is said and done, I will go through the whole thread and do a writeup to add to the FAQ here

slvrbullit
10-12-2005, 10:11 AM
yep. when everything is said and done, I will go through the whole thread and do a writeup to add to the FAQ here

You still havent added my write up there yet On the rear bushing replacement.

Nice looking so far Eric.

QWKSNKE
10-12-2005, 10:17 AM
:doh:

I will as soon as I can

93Cobra#2771
10-12-2005, 11:00 AM
I think with the quality of the work and components going in this buildup, I'll make it a sticky for a little while. :D

Italian LX
10-12-2005, 11:41 AM
. . . I'll make it sticky for a little while. :D
:huh:

93Cobra#2771
10-12-2005, 11:46 AM
:kick:

Dale McPeters
10-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Hey this thread is a sticky now !!!! :jester:

EZ SPEED
10-12-2005, 06:46 PM
My TiAL 38mm wastegate came in today...very Cool !! :banana:

The ol' Farmtruck isnt supposed to Bling !! :jester:

This will be the shiniest part on the whole Truck !!! :bling:

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo014.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo015.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo016.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo018.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo017.jpg

Italian LX
10-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Nice looking piece there. :bling:

Shorty
10-12-2005, 07:42 PM
this makes me want to ditch the KB plan for a Hellion. :evil:

QWKSNKE
10-12-2005, 08:05 PM
this makes me want to ditch the KB plan for a Hellion. :evil:

you would be happier if you did

ChipR4cam
10-13-2005, 07:03 AM
KBs are for mod motors.:yup:

99LS1
10-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Tial is good shit :drool: :drool:

EZ SPEED
10-13-2005, 12:20 PM
I thought I would post this for the Tuning information:

Posted by Dave Pickrel “Icepick”
Well I finally got Jimmy Lightning's truck finished! My original plan was to do a bare minimum approach with the fuel and tuning like the supercharger companies do... This was an attempt to keep the costs down and avoid... switching injectors, MAF meter, computer tuning, etc... Well this plan didn't work! When I first got the truck running I tried the two pump trick with a 12-1 FMU... Like this the A/F would go rich about 10.5 when the FMU kicked in then it briefly run well with 11-12 A/F ratios and then it would lean out up top because the two pump trick could not keep up with "the pressure" the FMU wanted to make... So I installed a Walbro 255 high pressure inline... This solved the pressure issue but soon as the FMU kicked in the fuel pressure pegged 100psi and the truck fell on it's face! This is what I believe was happening...This turbo spools so fast and the MAF meter reads the massive airflow and tries to throw as much fuel in as it possibly can! Then the FMU kicks in and it is just not a combination that would ever work well... I kind of thought this might be be a problem going in but I thought I would give it a try because it seems to work "OK" with some of the superchargers... I believe that it is only possible because the boost comes in "so much slower" you don't get the massive "FMU spike" that you do with an instant boost turbo setup like this... Anyways, It was clear to me what needed to be done at this point... Bigger injectors, different MAF meter and a custom tune... This also required Jimmy Lightning to spend more money which is something I didn't want him to have to do but it had to be done if he wanted this truck to run right! Once I got his approval I called Don and Rob Lasota to get a plan together to get this rig straightened out! After talking with them I decided on a 42# injectors and a Gen 2 Lightning 90mm MAF meter and of course removal of the FMU... Don was nice enough to stop by my shop one day last week and give me a base tune so I could start the truck and get on the trailer with the new injectors and MAF... This evening I meet the Lasota boys at the dyno and within about one hour they had this rig making real nice power and driving like a stocker! The dyno results are as follows...

326 RWHP @ 9psi and 379 RWHP @ 13psi. This was on a "Mustang" dyno which are known to read about 15% lower than "Dynojet" numbers... Converted numbers would be 375 RWHP @ 9psi and 436 RWHP @ 13psi... All runs were done with 93 octane in the rear tank, 100 octane in the front (Two pump trick in effect) and 18 degrees of total advance... I think it is safe to say that this turbo setup has just about doubled the horsepower that it was making before the turbo installation... We also found the limits of the Lightning MAF... At 13psi it pegged 5 volts "just before the end of the run"... I'm totally convinced that this little T-70 turbo could make over 500 RWHP with race gas, 18 or 19 psi of boost and the correct tune... This is a completely "stock motor" I'm taking about! This is not my truck and I'm not going for any "glory runs" so it was time to head home happy with results as they are...

I drove the truck home from Columbus tonight to put some miles on it and make sure everything is working correctly... The truck drives like a stocker except for when you hit the go pedal... You can be doing 70MPH in OD cruising down the highway and just put your foot in it "slightly" the boost comes in instantly and will make 5-6 psi driving like this! It will move around an 18 wheeler like it was parked at 1/4 throttle! The part throttle response, HP and torque it makes at low RPM's amazing! It would make a die hard Kenne Bell lover "envious"... Anyways that's the story... I have all the fixtures made to make and produce these kits now so if someone is interested a setup like this all the information about it can be found here... http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthrea...threadid=102295 in the next couple of days I will add some sound clips of the exhaust, turbo, more info, etc.

General info about JimmyLightings truck...

As it was brought to me, Stock motor and injectors, Full Bassani exhaust, PSP Mass air (VEX1) computer, Jim said the best run with the truck like this was something like a 15.2 @ 89 I believe which would equate to about 220 RWHP...

Current state, Pickrel Perfomance turbo pipe kit, includes all hot and cold parts and full 3.5 single exhaust system... Master Power T-70 turbo with the stock .68 A/R turbine housing, Powerstroke intercooler, 42# injectors, 90 mm Lightning MAF, 255 inline pump, two pump trick and Custom SCT tune done by Don and Rob from Lasota Racing Technologies...

Posted by “Jimmy Lighting”

I made it down to LaSota Racing Technologies today to get the SCT BA 2400 MAF meter and a re-tune. The MAF is no longer pegging out, the A/F Ratios are good, and it is running really nice.

The numbers (at about 15 psi of boost) on the Mustang Dynamometer were: 400.2 rwhp @ 5,250 RPM and the Max torque was 460.9 @ 3,750 RPM.

Posted by “Don95vert” Co-Owner of Lasota Racing Technologies

You have to remember that this Mustang dyno has been recently calibrated and compared to Dynojets in the Columbus area and shows 15% less than the Dynojets - so thatwould make his power on a Dynojet about 460rwhp - which is terrific.

Dale McPeters
10-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Sounds like a Don95vert SCT tune maybe in the works.... :)

93Cobra#2771
10-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Wait a minute, Don95vert is Don Lasota? :eek: I didn't know that...

fireguy50
10-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Wow, who would have thunk the SD computer could handle the turbo :jester: :popcorn:

I'll move up the E4OD EEC-V MAF conversion kit time line :banana:

Dale McPeters
10-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Wait a minute, Don95vert is Don Lasota? :eek: I didn't know that...

Yep, why do you think he tried to push the SCT stuff on me so hard when I posted on the Corral about switching over to the AEM setup later on? And the the other guy tried to say I was bashing SCT, which by the way I was not doing. I stated that to get to all the available parameters with the XCAL2 you need the Pro-Racers Package. Then I stated that I was not going to buy SCT because it will not do what I want it to do in my application. The thread is still there something about the XCAL2 or something like that....one of the reasons I do not go to the Corral or Stangnet just to much stuff like that....

He means well but can get carried away at times....:)
You should remember him Richard as he used to use the EEC-Tuner then the TwEECer and eventually went to SCT and became a dealer etc. for them.

Dale McPeters
10-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Wow, who would have thunk the SD computer could handle the turbo :jester: :popcorn:

I'll move up the E4OD EEC-V MAF conversion kit time line :banana:

It was not an SD it was a MAF...... :jester:

fireguy50
10-13-2005, 01:31 PM
It was not an SD it was a MAF...... :jester:
ah, so re-reading all that....
they tried to make 460rwhp with 19lb injectors :doh:

This quote stil scares me:
You can be doing 70MPH in OD cruising down the highway and just put your foot in it "slightly" the boost comes in instantly and will make 5-6 psi driving like this
higher than 2PSI, but not WOT

93Cobra#2771
10-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Yep, why do you think he tried to push the SCT stuff on me so hard when I posted on the Corral about switching over to the AEM setup later on? And the the other guy tried to say I was bashing SCT, which by the way I was not doing. I stated that to get to all the available parameters with the XCAL2 you need the Pro-Racers Package. Then I stated that I was not going to buy SCT because it will not do what I want it to do in my application. The thread is still there something about the XCAL2 or something like that....one of the reasons I do not go to the Corral or Stangnet just to much stuff like that....

He means well but can get carried away at times....:)
You should remember him Richard as he used to use the EEC-Tuner then the TwEECer and eventually went to SCT and became a dealer etc. for them.

Yeah, I remember him as a tweecer user and his constant bitching about this, that, and the other. Seems like his biggest problem with the tweecer was he could never get the AODE tranny control done to his liking. I remember a few of his posts asking about running no tstat, and people asked him why. He got super defensive and bitchy - funny enough, that was when everyone quit posting in the thread.

Aahhhh, the days of the old tweecer board before Jon f'd it up... :rant:

Then, as soon as he went SCT, their crap don't stink and never did. Never mind that the SCT stuff CAN'T datalog our Fox Body stuff...

I have no doubt that the SCT stuff is pretty good stuff, and evidently their tuning manual and the tune database they have built is pretty nice. But, just like the tweecer, their stuff isn't the best thing out there for EVERY SINGLE COMBO KNOWN TO MAN.

Prob. my biggest prob. with SCT is they have such an aggressive following - you make a post suggesting something other than SCT, and the SCT vultures swoop in and start a pissing contest.

Not to mention that they were getting purchasers of their products to flood a bunch of boards with SPAM posts touting the superiority of SCT to EVERYTHING out there. I wouldn't be surprised if SCT was paying them for each post they put out there... :lol:

Anyhow, I digress... :D

Italian LX
10-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Prob. my biggest prob. with SCT is they have such an aggressive following - you make a post suggesting something other than SCT, and the SCT vultures swoop in and start a pissing contest.
:werd:

Ain't that the truth!

QWKSNKE
10-13-2005, 03:40 PM
ah, so re-reading all that....
they tried to make 460rwhp with 19lb injectors :doh:

This quote stil scares me:

I was wondering the same thing.

:slap: if that is true

EZ SPEED
10-13-2005, 06:35 PM

Hey.... I run the SCT PRP on my 03 Lightning...It is the BEST......

:jester: Just kidding, but I do have the SCT PRP and its okay.

fireguy50
10-13-2005, 07:00 PM
If you already have SCT, and know how to use it..........
You could do OBD-II tuning on the 93L, if it was converted to EEC-V?

Dale McPeters
10-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes he could....... :jester:

Dale McPeters
10-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Hey.... I run the SCT PRP on my 03 Lightning...It is the BEST......

:jester: Just kidding, but I do have the SCT PRP and its okay.

It should be the best as it came directly from Ford....... :jester:
It is still the best for OBDII EEC-V pcm's and it can even datalog those.....:)

fireguy50
10-13-2005, 07:15 PM
It should be the best as it came directly from Ford....... :jester:
Not directly from Ford
Ford "gave it" to Roush
Roush "misplaced it"
Superchips "found it"

Dale McPeters
10-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Not directly from Ford
Ford "gave it" to Roush
Roush "misplaced it"
Superchips "found it"

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: .......I had forgotten that they were in that loop.
nothing like trying to claim the rights to stuff that really are not yours to start with.......:lol:

EZ SPEED
10-13-2005, 07:59 PM

Yep :yup: But I already have a TwEECer (which could be used on either EEC 4 or 5 correct?) I could sell the TwEECer since I have a friend that is a dealer for SCT software.

I have been trying to find a 95 F150 5.8 (or 5.0) E4od computer with no luck. Well there is local wreaking yard that might have one. But I need to verify that it is a VEX1, WAY1, BIO0

Which should I do? EEC-IV or EEC-V ?

I like both of the harnesses you designed :nice:, I would love to use one in my buildup.

So many decisions.

:help: :hmm:

fireguy50
10-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Which should I do? EEC-IV or EEC-V ?
the A9L is good, but only so good. It doesn't have load based spark control at full throttle. Which is a big flaw for boosted engines like yours. Some people have used air temp to retard the spark, but it's not exactly the same.

The future is really pointing towards the EEC-V kit. PMAS wants to replace the E4OD dual computer A9L kit and the VEX1 kit, with the OBD-II EEC-V kit I'm working on.
The single computer A9L kit will remain for cheap folks and people without the E4OD.

Do you know how to use an Open Barrel Crimper like this:
http://fordfuelinjection.com/images/crimper01.jpg
http://fordfuelinjection.com/images/crimper02.jpg

If you can take a lot of pictures, I might be able to get you the first one of these:
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=86
You still need to get Injectors - MAF Sensor and Computer

EZ SPEED
10-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Do you know how to use an Open Barrel Crimper like this:
http://fordfuelinjection.com/images/crimper01.jpg
http://fordfuelinjection.com/images/crimper02.jpg

If you can take a lot of pictures, I might be able to get you the first one of these:
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=86
You still need to get Injectors - MAF Sensor and Computer

Yep, I can use those. We use very similar crimps at work and we do quite a bit of soldering and such.

Pictures.....I will take all the detailed pics you could want ;)

I already have some 42# injectors and 90mm MAF that came out of my 03 Lightning (and later will also have a SCT BA 2400 MAF also) that I can use for this project. So all I need is a computer and a harness.

Shorty
10-13-2005, 09:15 PM
you would be happier if you did

maybe if i sell the house some of the cash may somehow disappear. :evil:

93Cobra#2771
10-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Not directly from Ford
Ford "gave it" to Roush
Roush "misplaced it"
Superchips "found it"

You are kidding me - that is how the SCT software came about? No wonder they were so hush-hush right before it was released, and you had to promise your firstborn to them to get a peak at the software...

EZ SPEED
10-14-2005, 07:06 AM
Ryan, Would any of these computers work for the EEC-V harness ?

Elec Cont Unit (ECU), 8-351W (5.8L), (AT, E4OD), Calif, Mass. and N.Y.
Elec Cont Unit (ECU), 8-351W (5.8L), (AT, E4OD), exc. Calif, Mass. and N.Y.; ID F6TF-WC
Elec Cont Unit (ECU), 8-351W (5.8L), (AT, E4OD), exc. Calif, Mass. and N.Y.; ID F6TF-WD
Elec Cont Unit (ECU), 8-351W (5.8L), (AT, E4OD), exc. Calif, Mass. and N.Y.; ID F6TF-WE
Elec Cont Unit (ECU), 8-351W (5.8L), (AT, E4OD), exc. Calif, Mass. and N.Y.; ID F6TF-ZC
Elec Cont Unit (ECU), 8-351W (5.8L), (AT, E4OD), exc. Calif, Mass. and N.Y.; ID F6TF-ZD
Elec Cont Unit (ECU), 8-351W (5.8L), (AT, E4OD), exc. Calif, Mass. and N.Y.; ID F6TF-ZE

fireguy50
10-14-2005, 01:48 PM
This one sounds good to me: 1996 5.8L / E4OD - F6TF-12A650-WE

EZ SPEED
10-14-2005, 06:15 PM
This one sounds good to me: 1996 5.8L / E4OD - F6TF-12A650-WE

Okay, I found about 5 of them from various salvage yards around the U.S.

I will call some of them Monday.....buy one .....and get it on the way. :chug:

EZ SPEED
10-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Ryan,

If I am sure that I can get a EEC-V harness from you in the next couple of weeks, then I am going to go ahead and sell my TwEECer and get the add-on vehicle package for my SCT Pro Racer kit.

Since there has already been one truck tuned with this combination using SCT software then maybe they can access that tune and put it in my PRP package as my base tune.

So let me know as soon as you can if I will be able to beg, borrow, or buy a EEC-V harness from you. :jester:

That way we can get things in motion since this truck is my daily driver and I need it back on the road as soon as possible. :nice:

Thanks!
Eric

Dale McPeters
10-15-2005, 01:35 PM
I am going to go ahead and sell my TwEECer and get the add-on vehicle package for my SCT Pro Racer kit.

Since there has already been one truck tuned with this combination using SCT software then maybe they can access that tune and put it in my PRP package as my base tune.

Thanks!
Eric

Eric,

This would probably be the best move as far as tuning in your particular application..... ;)

EZ SPEED
10-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Been working quite a few hours of overtime and haven't accomplished much of anything the past 2 or 3 days. But, I finally got to spend a few hours on the Turbo install today.

Here is a pic before I started removing stuff out of the engine compartment.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo019.jpg

Here are a few pics after the air filter tube, washer / overflow, headers, catted X pipe, and cat-back exhaust were removed.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo020.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo021.jpg

Here is the passenger side Turbo header is loosely installed.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo022.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo023.jpg

The fittings added for the oil feed line for the Turbo

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo024.jpg

Here is are before and after pics of where I punched the oil pan and tapped it to add the Turbo oil return fitting and line.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo025.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo026.jpg

EZ SPEED
10-16-2005, 07:07 PM
A quick Sunday update.

I got the Walbro 255 lph inline fuel pump installed, just need to wire it.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo027.jpg

Tightened down the passenger Turbo header and loosely assembled the crossover tubes.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo028.jpg

Loosely assembled part of the 3.5" exhaust system.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo029.jpg

natedawgg94
10-17-2005, 04:20 AM
looking awesome eric

93Cobra#2771
10-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Looking good! The old flowmaster setup was EXACTLY how I had my flows installed on my old 93L. Only difference is that I went over the axle with each pipe, and then ended in a dump just behind the axle... :D

EZ SPEED
10-17-2005, 08:44 AM
Looking good! The old flowmaster setup was EXACTLY how I had my flows installed on my old 93L. Only difference is that I went over the axle with each pipe, and then ended in a dump just behind the axle... :D

Yeah, when I first got the 93L it had dumps right at the mufflers. I got tired of the drone earlier this year and had some tailpipes bent up for it. Some of the drone went away, but not all of it.

I am hoping that it will be very quiet with this setup ...hopefully a little stealthy cruising around :jester:

93Cobra#2771
10-17-2005, 09:19 AM
Mine never had any drone - they were 3 chambers, and the rest of the truck was basically stock. Had about 20-30 inches of tailpipe after the mufflers, then they turned down. So not dumps so much as "short tailpipes"...

EZ SPEED
10-17-2005, 10:20 AM
I drove mine home from Georgia...102 miles....when I made it home my hearing was like I had been to a small rock concert it sucked :notnice:

EZ SPEED
10-18-2005, 07:02 PM
A little more progress today.

I have been waiting on my heat wrap for the past few days, so progess was slow till I could wrap everything up.

All the components that were close to the turbo and header are now wrapped up. I covered the power steering pump and hoses, engine harness, air conditioner lines, and throttle cables.

And finally installed the Turbo header and finished up the crossover pipes.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo030.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo031.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo032.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93Turbo033.jpg

fireguy50
10-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Well I've been busy with the EEC-4 SD to EEC-5 MAF conversion harness prototype:
http://fordfuelinjection.com/images/OBD-II-conversion-3.jpg

http://fordfuelinjection.com/images/OBD-II-conversion-4.jpg
should be plug-n-play when I'm done :jester:

Dale McPeters
10-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Looking good Ryan.
Looks like KBzilla is going to have some neat stuff..... ;)

Shorty
10-19-2005, 05:17 PM
that is pretty neat. :nice: work

EZ SPEED
10-20-2005, 03:55 AM
I see..... so I take my existing EEC-4 SD harness and disconnect it from the SD computer.

Then plug my existing SD harness into your adapter harness (shown on the left side) which converts the wiring to the correct pin locations, deletes wiring not needed anymore, etc.

Then the adapter harness flows in with the harness you built (for the injectors, O2, diagnostic port, MAF, etc.) and all this wiring goes into an EEC-5 computer connector and plugs into the EEC-5 computer.

So its just like you said “Plug and Play”

Simply Brilliant Ryan !!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

93Cobra#2771
10-20-2005, 07:20 AM
I would go blind doing that, Ryan. Course, some people would go blind doing window sticker reproductions...

EZ SPEED
10-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Ryan...the EEC-5 Computer is Here !!! :banana: :banana:

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo041.jpg

EZ SPEED
10-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Its Finished !!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Everything is bolted up, and I even cranked it to make sure everything is okay.

Now I just need to convert it to Mass Air and EEC-5 Computer.

Here is a short video:

SAVE TARGET AS ---Conserve my Webspace !! (http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turboalive.wmv)

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo034.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo035.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo036.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo037.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo038.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo039.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo040.jpg

QWKSNKE
10-20-2005, 09:10 PM
I'll trade you a D-1 for it

banditmwp
10-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Awesome! :metal:

ChipR4cam
10-20-2005, 09:52 PM
I'll trade you a D-1 for it

:lol: I bet.

Looks good Eric.:yup:

TheJeanyus
10-20-2005, 11:19 PM
:metal: That's going to be one heck of a quick farm truck. :jester:

93Cobra#2771
10-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Very nice! :nice:

EZ SPEED
10-21-2005, 06:35 AM
:metal: That's going to be one heck of a quick farm truck. :jester:

:yup:

:jester:

96GTS
10-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Saaweeet :metal: :drool: :metal:

Craig K.
10-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Looks awsome Eric.

May want to shield the Master Cylinder lines, they look close to the down pipe, and may draw a lot of heat into the brake fluid :shrug:

93Cobra#2771
10-21-2005, 01:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but was unsure how close the pipe was to the master cylinder in the pix. A little shielding couldn't hurt, I'm sure...

Dale McPeters
10-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Very Nice.
Quick install too!! :banana:

EZ SPEED
10-23-2005, 08:21 PM
Pics are tricking you....brake lines are much further away from the downpipe than it looks.

EZ SPEED
10-29-2005, 06:45 AM
Ryan,
Any updates on the harness?

I am dying to drive the truck ;)

fireguy50
10-29-2005, 11:36 AM
I just need an enclosure for the EEC-4 side.
Been real hard this week with a friend in the hospital

Disney Lincoln
10-29-2005, 09:58 PM
NICE!!! That kit looks awesome, he did an excellent job on that.

That EEC-V will be the cats ass!!!

I know it's late but... My new car made 500RWHP with 24# inj. and stock SD. Also got 25mpg.... No tuner. :D

EZ SPEED
10-31-2005, 03:02 AM
I just need an enclosure for the EEC-4 side.
Been real hard this week with a friend in the hospital

Sorry to hear about your friend.

EZ SPEED
10-31-2005, 03:04 AM
NICE!!! That kit looks awesome, he did an excellent job on that.

That EEC-V will be the cats ass!!!

I know it's late but... My new car made 500RWHP with 24# inj. and stock SD. Also got 25mpg.... No tuner. :D

EZ SPEED
11-05-2005, 04:57 AM
Here are some updated pics.
The first picture is of my boost gauge and AEM wideband installed in the dash. I decided not to use the Mustang dash pod (after I cut up the dash pod, oh well).

The second picture is where I had to move the Fog Light switch next to the headlight switch (it was where the boost gauge is now)

I also added a green LED into the switch for the front / rear fuel tank selector. The green LED lights up whenever the truck goes into boost to signal that the inline fuel pump has turned on to add the extra fuel.

The third picture shows all the wiring (mostly alarm and remote start stuff) that is normally hidden behind the lower trim panel, but the main thing I wanted you to see is the little red linelock button underneath the steering column. I used to have the switch for the linelock on the tilt lever, but I like this location better (the 03 Lightning linelock button is located in the same place and works well there)

The last two pictures are showing the new placement of the air filter now that I added the MAF. I used a 45 degree rubber elbow then attached the 90mm MAF housing with SCT BA 2400 MAF electronics and then the filter. It all fit just perfect and looks great.

Not shown in the pics, but I ran all the hoses for the blowoff, wastegate, and boost controller. I also ran all the wiring and relay assembly for the inline fuel pump.

Everything is completed with the exception of adjusting my plug gap, install the 42# injectors, install the EEC-5 computer with SCT chip, and Ryan is waiting on a part for the computer wiring harness and it will be finished so then I can install it.

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo042.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo043.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo044.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo045.jpg

http://myweb.cableone.net/sixspdz28/93turbo046.jpg

QWKSNKE
11-05-2005, 05:12 AM
looks good ! :nice:

natedawgg94
11-05-2005, 05:19 AM
hurry up eric i wanna go for ride :metal: looks good can't wait to hear it spool up :metal: :metal:

banditmwp
11-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Saweet! :nice: :nice:

Shorty
11-05-2005, 05:00 PM
:nice:

ChipR4cam
11-05-2005, 11:57 PM
hurry up eric i wanna go for ride :metal: looks good can't wait to hear it spool up :metal: :metal:
:werd: It's gonna be awesome to see it up and running.

Jhootersgirl
12-31-2005, 07:54 AM
Good Thread

NightHawk756
12-31-2005, 09:03 AM
Nice to see they rerouted the wastegate back into the piping.

The HP kit that I have doesn't. It's gonna sound like a screaming banshee! :jester:

1sicklx
12-31-2005, 11:14 AM
looking good :nice:

EZ SPEED
01-02-2006, 07:42 PM
While I had the GT40 off replacing the 19# injectors with the 42#, I powder coated the GT40 intake with "reflective chrome" powder :banana:

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-30256.jpg

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-30257.jpg

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-30258.jpg

EZ SPEED
01-02-2006, 08:02 PM

The HP kit that I have doesn't. It's gonna sound like a screaming banshee! :jester:

Yep, that will make some noise !!!

Ramsie
01-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Yep, that will make some noise !!!

I cant wait to see that thing back out, :metal:

Money well spent.

ChipR4cam
01-03-2006, 07:48 AM

Not if you got the wastegate tight enough.:evil:

NightHawk756
01-04-2006, 08:29 PM
The intake looks great Eric!! When we gonna get pics of it re-installed on the Lightning?? ;)

EZ SPEED
01-05-2006, 02:59 AM
The intake looks great Eric!! When we gonna get pics of it re-installed on the Lightning?? ;)

As soon as I get a wiring harness to lay underneath that GT40 intake .....Ummm Fireguy? ;)

EZ SPEED
01-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Powdercoated the cold pipes and blow off with "Reflective Chrome" yesterday. Looks alot better than the medium grey color that they were before.

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-31018.jpg

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-31020.jpg

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-31021.jpg

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-31022.jpg

93Cobra#2771
01-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Wow, that is coming along VERY nicely. Any HP numbers yet?

Dale McPeters
02-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Any more news yet? :D

EZ SPEED
02-02-2006, 09:23 AM
To make a long story short..... we had a couple of mechanical problems that we couldnt get worked out when we tryed to tune it about a week and a half ago.

But I am ready to try to tune it again as soon as Doug904 gets some free time to help me with the base tune. :chug:

Dale McPeters
02-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Hope everything goes well. Kind of inetersted to see what HP numbers it
makes with a good safe tune. ;)

The Rock 326
02-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Looking good Eric!:chug:

EZ SPEED
02-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Hope everything goes well. Kind of inetersted to see what HP numbers it
makes with a good safe tune. ;)

Mine is the second truck with this kit, the first truck put down 460 rwhp on 14 psi, but as long as I see around 400 to the wheels and I will be happy. ;)

DSkeet
02-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Wow, that reflective chrome is awesome, thats what I want!

Craig K.
02-02-2006, 03:54 PM
I said it before and I will say it again.

Eric is the King of the Bling

ncontt
02-02-2006, 03:59 PM
KB PM sent...

Brad

EZ SPEED
03-02-2006, 01:18 PM
UPDATE:

I welded up a recirculating blow-off tube and it helped straighten the tune out considerably.
I have driven it about 70 miles, its pig rich, but it runs.
Hope to get some tuning done in the next couple of weeks.

This is just a temporary pipe, I plan on making a better one later.

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-32725.jpg

EZ SPEED
03-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Another UPDATE:

I decided I didnt like the 3.5" slash tip out the side of the truck before the rear wheel.

So I cut off the 3.5" tailpipe and welded up an adapter to step up to 4.0" pipe and built a tailpipe that dumps past the rear axle housing :metal: It also made it a little bit quieter. ;)

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-33567.jpg

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-33568.jpg

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-33569.jpg

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-33570.jpg

http://www.nloc.net/gallery/images/full/26298-1390-33571.jpg

89 Hoss
03-06-2006, 07:25 AM
very impressive, can you get any bigger?

coupe
03-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Ever thought about turning the intake around (5.0-style) ? I would do it. :shrug:

EZ SPEED
03-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Ever thought about turning the intake around (5.0-style) ? I would do it. :shrug:

I would, but you have to think about re-routing stuff like throttle cable,cruise control cable, legthen wiring harnesses for the IAC, then the "Lightning" plate would be upside down, etc. etc.

But, in the far future when I decide to actually spend some time and make it all look as good as the 03L, then I will consider stuff like that. You have to remember, this is my daily beater, not a Show and Go Toy. ;)

EZ SPEED
03-06-2006, 09:58 AM
very impressive, can you get any bigger?

4.0" Exhaust is large enough I think :jester:

EZ SPEED
04-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Final Dyno numbers here -----> http://forums.qwiksnake.com/showthread.php?t=6126