PDA

View Full Version : Wing suggestions

CrimsonRacing
10-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Like the title says........

Guys.....I HATE the OEM wing on the '94....just don't look right for some reason.

I'd appreciate suggestions and maybe a few pictures if possible.

Still thinking of going with the S-281 wing like Wall had but will consider other options..........

Let the ideas fly my friends...........

:metal:

Craig K.
10-08-2005, 09:38 AM
I really like a suttle wing, and will eventually change mine, however I have not found anything that I like yet.

I personaly like the '03/'04 Cobra wing, the newer M3 winglet, and the AMG C55 winglet and would like something similiar to those for my car when I do it.

I have also thought of making my own winglet from aluminum (then painting) if I cannot find anything I like.

CrimsonRacing
10-08-2005, 09:53 AM
sumpthin' else for ya'll to chew on as well..........

I desperately need to drop the '94.....(time to get rid of the 4X4 look)

Spring suggestions would also be welcomed.......

96GTS
10-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Get the S281 wing. That is the ONLY wing that would go on my car :metal:

Springs...Besides, C/Os, I like the Eibach Sportlines w/ MM caster camber plates. Looks really good and the ride aint bad;) Koni, Bilstien, or Tokico struts/shocks. I've only had experience w/ Koni yellow personalley and I love them, but they might be over kill for a 'street car' that wont see any track action....do you PLAN to do any open track, autox, drag, etc??

CrimsonRacing
10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Get the S281 wing. That is the ONLY wing that would go on my car :metal:

Springs...Besides, C/Os, I like the Eibach Sportlines w/ MM caster camber plates. Looks really good and the ride aint bad;) Koni, Bilstien, or Tokico struts/shocks. I've only had experience w/ Koni yellow personalley and I love them, but they might be over kill for a 'street car' that wont see any track action....do you PLAN to do any open track, autox, drag, etc??

My car is merely a daily driver that will see VERY few passes on the strip.Just some to get familiar with launching again,for T/S in Atlanta,then back to being just a street driven car.

When you say the S281 wing was the only one that would go on your car are you referring to appearance or proper fit?

96GTS
10-08-2005, 01:09 PM
My car is merely a daily driver that will see VERY few passes on the strip.Just some to get familiar with launching again,for T/S in Atlanta,then back to being just a street driven car.

When you say the S281 wing was the only one that would go on your car are you referring to appearance or proper fit?

OK, then go with Koni Reds (non-adj) or Bilstiens. Eibachs or H&R (I dont know which ones, but everyone likes 'em).

I just like the way the S281 looks. That is the only wing that I've seen on an sn95 and thought, damn that looks good, simple and clean :drool:

DSkeet
10-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Go wingless, live on the wild side, J/K, I am a big fan of going wingless, but if any wing were to go on it, S-281 all the way! As soon as I do a couple of big things on my car mine is going to the body shop to get the trunk holes filled...

rtusnake
10-08-2005, 04:27 PM
I have a 94 cobra wing and decklid on my car and really like it. The s281 looks good also.

96GTS
10-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Go wingless, live on the wild side, J/K, I am a big fan of going wingless, but if any wing were to go on it, S-281 all the way! As soon as I do a couple of big things on my car mine is going to the body shop to get the trunk holes filled...
Mine is wingless and that's my first choice as well. Since he was asking which spoiler, I assumed wingless wasnt an option:shrug:

Shorty
10-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Wingless.

dont use sportlines they lower the car way too much (at least a Fox), my exhasut drags often just with the Pro-Kit.

94five0
10-09-2005, 01:17 AM
;)

QWKSNKE
10-09-2005, 05:00 AM
Wingless.

dont use sportlines they lower the car way too much (at least a Fox), my exhasut drags often just with the Pro-Kit.

that's because your h-pipe is crooked

Shorty
10-09-2005, 11:29 AM
that's because your h-pipe is crooked

:slap: thats the way BBk makes them. :D

rewind<---------forget the exhaust the front end drags enough on 1.25" of drop, who needs 1.5" +.

:D

96GTS
10-09-2005, 06:06 PM
forget the exhaust the front end drags enough on 1.25" of drop, who needs 1.5" +.
Every sn95 :yup:

Shorty
10-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Every sn95 :yup:

maybe so. :shrug: but i have read where some people got close to 2" of drop. just dont seem like it would be good for the car to slam it.

Sendero
10-09-2005, 09:24 PM
S-281 Wing and dependant on your final objective I'd recommend H&R or FRPP Springs. Don't go any lower than 1.25" Front or 1" Rear unless you are ready to start changing out suspension parts.

Note: You can go lower; but handling, ride quality, and parts life will suffer.

CrimsonRacing
10-09-2005, 09:36 PM
S-281 Wing and dependant on your final objective I'd recommend H&R or FRPP Springs. Don't go any lower than 1.25" Front or 1" Rear unless you are ready to start changing out suspension parts.

I agree completely Nathan...........but I am gonna install new UCA and LCA's and new shocks and struts when the engine goes in.......

I don't think 1.25 is enough for the front of my 4X4 looking ride........

DAMN.....that bitch sets up high...............

mustang1549
10-09-2005, 09:39 PM
richard i dont know if you paid any attention to my car last night, but it would have given you a good idea to what yours would look like lowered and wingless.

Italian LX
10-09-2005, 09:43 PM
. . .Don't go any lower than 1.25" Front or 1" Rear unless you are ready to start changing out suspension parts.

I'm down to a 1.75" drop on the front now. ;)

Sendero
10-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm down to a 1.75" drop on the front now. ;)

...and your front control arms are below parallel with the ground. You "no-steering-wheel-turning" knuckle dragger. :jester:

I don't think 1.25 is enough for the front of my 4X4 looking ride........

For reference I have 1" Front and .75" Rear drop. There is a gap, but with the Cobra R's on its not real noticeable.

Italian LX
10-09-2005, 09:53 PM
...and your front control arms are below parallel with the ground.
Nope, the X2 ball joints lowered it an additional .5" without changing the geometry. :P

Sendero
10-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Nope, the X2 ball joints lowered it an additional .5" without changing the geometry. :P

:doh: I forgot you had those. I bet you probably gained .5" when you replaced your ball joints.

Craig K.
10-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Hmmm wing discussion on an SN95 in the Mod motor forum that turns into a spring / drop discussion.

Regardless...
I think you can get away with a 1.5" drop if the car is only a driver.
Mine is somewhere between 1.25" to 1.5" I'll have to measure it again, and things seem to be fine, however I do not drive the car hard.
Also I do have CC's on it, with 17x9's and have a grocery getter alignment, but heck I drive 20k a year with this car.

Sendero
10-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Hmmm wing discussion on an SN95 in the Mod motor forum that turns into a spring / drop discussion.

Regardless...
I think you can get away with a 1.5" drop if the car is only a driver.
Mine is somewhere between 1.25" to 1.5" I'll have to measure it again, and things seem to be fine, however I do not drive the car hard.
Also I do have CC's on it, with 17x9's and have a grocery getter alignment, but heck I drive 20k a year with this car.

Craig brings up a good point about CC's. Caster/Camber Plates are my biggest concern when lowering a car because once you get below 1.25" of drop the its almost impossible to correctly dial in the alignment with Ford plates. Considering the inability of your average alignment tech, this becomes a serious and costly problem.

I would almost consider doing Springs, Shocks, and CC Plates at the same time.

96GTS
10-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Nobody ever listens to the guy from the dry region:rolleyes:
Eibach Sportlines w/ MM caster camber plates. Looks really good and the ride aint bad;)

slvrbullit
10-10-2005, 02:45 PM
I had the Sportlines and total drop front/rear was 2"/2.5". Was really too low for my driveway but damn that thing handled great. For instance a coke can could be laying on its side in the road and my ehaust would drag it dow the road.

slvrbullit
10-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Richard here are a couple pics of my car with the Eibach Sportlines.

the first one is kinda askew with the dip in the parking lot but the pro-chamber is sitting on the ground in that one.

the second is not that good quality pic but somewhat level.

CrimsonRacing
10-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Tommy............in that first pic,I think that may be to low for my car.........especialy if the prochamber scrapes.......

Guess I need to just go out and do some measuring on the car and decide on how much to drop it and then find springs accordingly.........

There seems to be an unusual amount of space between the top of my tires and the wheel opening.......Maybe it is like that from the factory and I have never known....

This issue will certainly be resolved..........

DSkeet
10-10-2005, 03:39 PM
I have always been an eibach fan. Sportlines make them look great but I agree that it may not be best for somee driveways! The driveway at the house we are buying makes my xpipe barely scrape, but there should be a small amount of play for the exhaust to move a slight bit...

Craig K.
10-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Richard,
You should've looked at my car on Sat. plus we had them right next to each other.

If you want to stop by some time and check it out, just let me know.