PDA

View Full Version : Rescaling Spark A9S

TT331FB
10-16-2005, 10:33 AM
I took the approach of setting the WOT and open loop TPS break at 2.0 volts. I also left the sealevel scaling near stock except at idle. I have my WOT spark set down t a safe level but I was having problems at part throttle. The last data log showed why. I am hitting loads of 177% at 2.8VDC TPS. That exsplains why my spark was to high and I was lifting the heads. I wasn't in WOT!

I have rescaled my spark tables to roll back the timing. I think this will help.

Dale McPeters
10-16-2005, 11:13 AM
What do you have your load scaling switch set to 0, 1, or 2? I have been having some off line discussions with someone about this concerning using the load switch set at "1" and just renormalizing the tables. I am currently testing this on my car to see how it is going to work in the real world.

I also think that setting your Wot and Open Loop TPS breakpoint at "2" is going to cause problems. Like plugs fowling out etc. sooner at least it does in my case. IMHO I would set this to 2.5 and forget about it.

TT331FB
10-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Dale,

The switch set to use load% not load but I don't remember the setting number. I haven't changed it from stock. I haven't had problems caused by the WT TPS setting just that I can pull alot of load before getting to WOT!

The car runs very well at light to moderate loads but i couldn't figure out what caused the heads to lift at low boost numbers and part throttle.
Eric

Dale McPeters
10-19-2005, 08:57 AM
Eric,

Have you changed the min load for open loop so that it will go into OL sooner?

TT331FB
10-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Yes but the problem was that the spark wouldn't go from the 24 degrees, in the table, to the 18 dgrees in the WOT table until it hit WOT. The point I was trying to make, rather poorly I think, was that the spark tables still need to be scaled to avoid running to much spark before WOT occurs.

Dale McPeters
10-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Ahhh now I see what you were saying. Yes wether it is a turbo or blower car those tables will need to be normalized for load etc. etc.