PDA

View Full Version : sirius radio

mustang1549
10-18-2005, 04:02 PM
when i bought my car they told me that i can have sirius radio hooked up. the radio itself has the "sat" button on it. when i called today the dealership told me that only the new f150 and expeditions come equipped with everything to activate it. not gonna need the seperate module that reads stations, etc. they told me that it would cost $329 to get all the parts i would need.

anybody know where i can get the stuff cheaper and what all parts are gonna be needed?

TheJeanyus
10-18-2005, 07:52 PM
The Sirius and XM units they sell at Walmart, Best Buy, etc are from $50 - $100 and come with everything you need, but I'm not sure what you really need to run everything directly through the head unit.

QWKSNKE
10-29-2005, 09:12 AM
If the SAT button doesn't work ( or cannot hook up) then buy what ever satellite radio want and get a FM modulator (if it doesn't come with one) to make it work

DSkeet
10-29-2005, 09:17 AM
I can get the brain and antenna for you where you can control the satellite radio on your stock radio... Call me next week and I will get you exact prices. Now if you want to be able to take it in and out and it be portable I would go with something like they sell at Walmart, or CC. Installed I can usually do a reciever, car kit and labor for around 175-200. It's a little higher than what you see at the chain stores but the warranty is through us and we won't charge to look at it if something goes wrong since it is our equipment.

David @ Wizard
256-820-3900
I'm off Monday so it will be Tues.

Jhootersgirl
11-25-2005, 09:21 PM
i say that sirius radio is awesome. Once i get a new car nxt year a Ford btw (fingers crossed) Ill get it!