PDA

View Full Version : Brake Caliper Bracket adaptor - need one built.

Craig K.
01-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Well I have a set of 4-piston Brembo calipers that I want to mount on the front of my Mustang, the thing is that the bolt pattern is different.

So tonight I will attempt to make a mock-up of a caliper bracket adaptor.

Once I have a mock up made, is there anyone here that is a really good welder, and has access to some good material to make the actual bracket?

Secondly, once I get the Brembos on front, I want to try and mount my 2-piston Cobra front calipers and 13 inch rotors on the rears. This will also need a calipet bracket adaptor, but first things first.

Sendero
01-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Hang on Craig, there was a discussion about this on CC.com sometime within the past year. I will see if I can dig it up!

Craig K.
01-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Hang on Craig, there was a discussion about this on CC.com sometime within the past year. I will see if I can dig it up!

Thanks Nathan,

If the discussion on CC is about the Cobra R Brembos though, they are not they same as the ones that I have.

I will have to tell you at a later date what / where mine came from ;)

Sendero
01-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks Nathan,

If the discussion on CC is about the Cobra R Brembos though, they are not they same as the ones that I have.

I will have to tell you at a later date what / where mine came from ;)

Ahhhh, Corvette or European?

Craig K.
01-10-2005, 08:06 AM
I'll PM you with the specifics

Wicked
01-10-2005, 08:32 PM
I was thinking about doing the same thing with Acura TL Brembo 4 piston calipers.
I could get a set of those easy enough I think.

Craig K.
01-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Well after screwing around with this thing for the last 2 hours I threw in the towl. I made a cardboard templete, then an aluminum one, and gave up at this point. I'll work on it again soon.

One thing is for sure, I have way chewed up my front rotors, I never replaced my racing brake pads (Hawk Blues) and have been driving on the street this past year on them. Man I relly need some street pads.

Brad, do you know what the bolt spacing is on those?

96GTS
01-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Well I have a set of 4-piston Brembo calipers that I want to mount on the front of my Mustang, the thing is that the bolt pattern is different.

So tonight I will attempt to make a mock-up of a caliper bracket adaptor.

Once I have a mock up made, is there anyone here that is a really good welder, and has access to some good material to make the actual bracket?

Secondly, once I get the Brembos on front, I want to try and mount my 2-piston Cobra front calipers and 13 inch rotors on the rears. This will also need a calipet bracket adaptor, but first things first.
So you basically need new holes on the spindle to mount the calps? You might want to get a new spindle fab up or that racecraft piece. I would not trust anything welded to that cast iron spindle as far as durability wise.

Craig K.
01-11-2005, 08:11 AM
So you basically need new holes on the spindle to mount the calps? You might want to get a new spindle fab up or that racecraft piece. I would not trust anything welded to that cast iron spindle as far as durability wise.
Actually it is very common to bolt on caliper adaptor brackets to the spindle.
The adaptors usually are 1/4" plate with the needed holes drilled, and spacers welded in place, this piece would bolt to the spindle, then the caliper would bolt to this.

ChipR4cam
01-11-2005, 05:57 PM
I've made caliper adapters before. I could make some for you. :nice: