PDA

View Full Version : input needed

CrimsonRacing
01-10-2005, 03:09 PM
ON the way home today I noticed my TOB was squeeking just a bit at a lite.Placed my foot lightly on the clutch and it stops.Does this mean I need a new TOB or is it gonna be ok?

Italian LX
01-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Nope, it's just something you'll have to ignore.

QWKSNKE
01-10-2005, 03:35 PM

:werd:

CrimsonRacing
01-10-2005, 03:46 PM

Like the ASSHOLES from another site that think we are Eliteists?

:rofl:

:metal:

QWKSNKE
01-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Like the ASSHOLES from another site that think we are Eliteists?

:rofl:

:lol:

Yeah pretty much

TheJeanyus
01-10-2005, 05:50 PM

banditmwp
01-10-2005, 05:59 PM

CrimsonRacing
01-11-2005, 07:31 PM
What causes a TOB to start that dumb squeeking noise?

I make it a point to NOT ride the damn clutch......................

QWKSNKE
01-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Wear. Some are more prone to be noisy than others. Don't know why. Also the thin film of grease that is on the input shaft where the TOB rides may have dried up.

Italian LX
01-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Wear. Some are more prone to be noisy than others. Don't know why. Also the thin film of grease that is on the input shaft where the TOB rides may have dried up.
Technically, the TOB rides on the bearing retainer; not the input shaft. ;)

QWKSNKE
01-11-2005, 08:31 PM
:doh:

94five0
01-12-2005, 10:29 AM
yea, richard mines been doin it since lat sept. after we put in the stage 3. its ****in annoying. jus a nother reason to pump the tunes a lil louder.. :metal:

Purple1995Pony
01-12-2005, 04:54 PM
yea, richard mines been doin it since lat sept. after we put in the stage 3. its ****in annoying. jus a nother reason to pump the tunes a lil louder.. :metal:

if the bearing retainer that slides on the input shaft never got greased on the install it will squeek and wear out faster. sometimes you can pull off the shift fork inspection cover and spray it with some white grease to stop it. you'll need a longer spray tube to reach it though.

always wise to lube any parts that slide on other parts :jester:

Italian LX
01-12-2005, 06:22 PM
if the bearing retainer that slides on the input shaft never got greased on the install it will squeek and wear out faster. sometimes you can pull off the shift fork inspection cover and spray it with some white grease to stop it. you'll need a longer spray tube to reach it though.

always wise to lube any parts that slide on other parts :jester:
Actually, the bearing retainer doesn't move. ;)

The sound Richard is describing is not made by the bearing rubbing over the retainer; it sounds more like it's coming from either where the pressure plate fingers contact the bearing or where the fork contacts the bearing. It can also be caused by the fork pivot point.

But you are right in the fact that all moving parts should be well greased when installed. :nice:

coupe
01-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Don't feel bad Richard; mine started making a "clicking" noise when leaving traffic lights in 1st gear. Noticed it this morning at about 9:00. By 11:00 (after heavy traffic up & down hills in Birmingham) I could no longer put the trans into gears. The whole thing went at once! Fortunately made it home and called SPEC. My clutch will be ready in the morning!

boosted23L
01-12-2005, 08:23 PM
I make it a point to grease the retainer, input shaft and pivot fork ball always when installing a new clutch... both of these car have the plastic TOB that came with the spec clutch, the last spec clutch install i did came with a steel bearing.