PDA

View Full Version : lifespan an maintaince of S/C'ers

SteedaChaos
10-29-2005, 07:03 PM
I think i'm in the market for a blower now after running pure stock LX's for years since '96 the 331 has me craving more plus driving my bro's vortech charged '03 for awhile. Am wondering ,for example a procharger DS1, can they hold out for the long run mileage/time wise as my motor in daily driving, long trips, harsh enduring use as my spirited driving demands.

Is there more to them than lubrication maintaince like wear an tear on the internals to keep up on?

QWKSNKE
10-29-2005, 07:53 PM
I have around 10k miles on mine since installing and it was used. (Procharger D-1)

I'll let you know if I have any problems with it.

banditmwp
10-29-2005, 07:58 PM
I have around 10k miles on mine since installing and it was used. (Procharger D-1)

I'll let you know if I have any problems with it.
Yeah but he's talking about spirited driving...not your pokey style. :snail:

:jester:

SteedaChaos
10-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Yea that what bothers me i seen few friends and cars with s/c'ers over the years with my brother accumilating the most miles at 8kmi. For me i'sd like to see 50-100k mi. use out of them, if it's some natural wear an tear along the way maybe i can service mine as i do my tremecs. Though i doubt i'll be running up the miles on my LX like i use to on my cars (20-50k a year) but what miles the s/c gets will be under a load as i mitigate thru traffic everyday( i couldn't go on living if they outlawed radar detectors, my addiction)

As my sig states, i'd like to see her odometer hit the 500k mark but that maybe years down the road, i'm not chasing surf or riding out over the horizon anymore.

coupe
11-08-2005, 09:13 PM
SC's place a load on the crank nose and are always pressurizing the intake tract somewhat...I would recommend a properly sized turbocharger application for longevity.