PDA

View Full Version : Dyno@RWTD

mustangmuscle
10-30-2005, 09:03 AM
453rwhp/473rwtq :metal: Got some spark blow-out up top. Need to get some Denso's to cure that little problem.

Need to learn how to drive....LOL

ps. I SUK at this intarweb net thingy.....hope this works....
pps. I cut off the graph on the first one........maybe the second one is better....??

QWKSNKE
10-30-2005, 09:11 AM
File is showing up :nice:

Good power Chris

mustangmuscle
10-30-2005, 09:21 AM
File is showing up :nice:

Good power Chris

Thanks Lee. I owe it all to James@RWTD. He knows his stuff, and can tune in his sleep....LOL. He was crunching numbers, and making adjustments so fast, I was getting dizzy just watching. Then he slowed down enough to try and explain what he was doing, what all those graphs, charts and numbers actually mean.....boy, was that a mistake.....all I got was a headache trying to understand....LOL

Do you tutor no talent hack drivers like myself....?? :banana:

Chris

latemodelracer2
10-30-2005, 10:54 AM
what plugs do you have in there now? have you thought of NGK br7 efs?

mustangmuscle
10-30-2005, 11:15 AM
what plugs do you have in there now? have you thought of NGK br7 efs?

Stock plugs in now. Just as it rolled off the assembly line.
Yes, have thought about those plugs, and considered them. But, many have reported driveability issues with them. Such as, erratic idle, sputtering in the lower rpm's, etc. The Denso's, I'm told, while rather expensive, have no such issues......

Thanks for the reply!

Chris

latemodelracer2
10-30-2005, 05:23 PM
i ran them in my truck on the stock block and they droive great no problems like that. But i was also running 17lbs boost and a 50 shot. I had mine gaped @ .034. I also run tr6's now and make a lot more power than i have ever and there is no problems whatsover

Just a FYI but the denso's are a very fragile plug they dont take to detonation well.

broke
10-30-2005, 05:25 PM
dont waste your cash on the denso's, they arent worth it. Get some TR6's @ .032 and you will be happy and be able to buy a couple more tanks of gas that wouldnt of spent on the overpriced denso's. I run them at .032, on and off the n20, awesome all around plug, and can be had cheap at your autoparts store, stock # 4177

congrats on the #'s James is cranking out some sick cars these days

mustangmuscle
10-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the info. I am thinking of giving the TR6's a try. I have heard that it can be "hit or miss" as far as having issues with them. But, even if there are problems, it wont be as expensive as the Denso's....

Thanks again for the insight...I do appreciate it alot!

Chris

And yes, he is cranking out some very sick cars. Cant wait till he gets his own Cobra up and running. Should be incredible with the 2.4 KB on top of that built VT engine..... :drool:

mustangmuscle
10-30-2005, 05:59 PM
dont waste your cash on the denso's, they arent worth it. Get some TR6's @ .032 and you will be happy and be able to buy a couple more tanks of gas that wouldnt of spent on the overpriced denso's. I run them at .032, on and off the n20, awesome all around plug, and can be had cheap at your autoparts store, stock # 4177

congrats on the #'s James is cranking out some sick cars these days

So, the TR6's will "cure" the spark blowout I'm having at the top of the rpm range, as well as idle and run smooth down low??

Thanks!
Chris

QWKSNKE
10-30-2005, 07:01 PM
closing the gap up does. What is the factory spark plug gap on the 03-04 cobras?

mustangmuscle
10-30-2005, 08:52 PM
closing the gap up does. What is the factory spark plug gap on the 03-04 cobras?

Not sure what the factory specs are....will have to check

So, the issue of spark blow-out at high rpm is a direct result of plug gap, more so than heat range of plug?

Going with a "colder" plug will help with detonation issues caused by increased cylinder pressures of high boost?

latemodelracer2
10-30-2005, 10:22 PM
So, the issue of spark blow-out at high rpm is a direct result of plug gap, more so than heat range of plug?

Going with a "colder" plug will help with detonation issues caused by increased cylinder pressures of high boost?

Thats what is suppose to happen with tr6's. I plan on spraying my truck this sat night on top of the 18lbs on my KB ill let yall know how the plugs work out on this combo. 6's here we come

QWKSNKE
10-31-2005, 03:08 AM
Not sure what the factory specs are....will have to check

yes and yes

mustangmuscle
10-31-2005, 05:45 AM
Thats what is suppose to happen with tr6's. I plan on spraying my truck this sat night on top of the 18lbs on my KB ill let yall know how the plugs work out on this combo. 6's here we come

Sounds like its going to be a WICKED run! Good Luck! And yes, please let me know how those plugs hold up....

Chris

broke
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
ive sprayed as much as 125 threw my car on top of the 17psi on the eaton with no issues with the plugs, no breakup etc. James has done extensive testing with the TR6's he recomends running them at .032 or so

some people will report some low rpm misses with the tr6's, this is pretty normal with cobra's, but its not bad at all.

mustangmuscle
11-02-2005, 12:53 PM
ive sprayed as much as 125 threw my car on top of the 17psi on the eaton with no issues with the plugs, no breakup etc. James has done extensive testing with the TR6's he recomends running them at .032 or so

some people will report some low rpm misses with the tr6's, this is pretty normal with cobra's, but its not bad at all.

Thats what I was concerned about.....reports of missing, sputtering, misfires, etc. in the lower rpm range....causing driveability issues. Had now idea as to the severity of these symptoms. Thanks for giving your first hand experience!

My next mods are lower pulley, and maybe stage 3 port on the HEaton.....will the TR6's be the right plug then....??

Thanks again for your reply and info. It does help alot, and is most appreciated!

Chris