PDA

View Full Version : Barry Grant Fuel Pump

streatleathul
11-03-2005, 08:25 PM
:bs: Any body had problems with the fairly new barry grant enduro street strip fuel pump.
Mine ran a total of 30 minutes and just plain quit, shut down and done nothing.
Had battery voltage and good ground with plenty of fuel.
Grant Indistries as usaull had a theory that my 3/8 vent at the top of the tank is not big enough and that caused it to burn up the motor.
I dont agree but it will have the 1/2 size from now on.
Just wanted to let anbody that might be in the market to know there could be a problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wickd GT
11-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Ricky, it need a-8 return line, but that did not cause the pump to go bad, BG pump like that one are having big problems, they leak and then suddenly they quit. Who did you buy it from?

Edgar

streatleathul
11-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Hey sorry about the slow reply, But I bought the pump from Barrnett performance in Atlanta Ga.
Of course him and Grant industries says theres no problem with the pump at all.
I think thats bull $^%

Wickd GT
11-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey sorry about the slow reply, But I bought the pump from Barrnett performance in Atlanta Ga.
Of course him and Grant industries says theres no problem with the pump at all.
I think thats bull $^%

Sent it back, and tell them you want to swap it for Magnaflow 500, that is what I got.

Edgar

streatleathul
11-09-2005, 08:01 PM
They will not take it back.
I bought the pump in feb.- 05, didnt install it untill oct.-05, sent it to Grant Oct.- 20-05. Barrnett only warrantys the part for 90 days, then the factory warranty takes over.
Grant Industries Sucks ,they havent even looked at my pump!!!!!!
They have no idea how long before they'll get to it!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the input Edgar