PDA

View Full Version : A/A intercoolers for Fox bodies?

SteedaChaos
11-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Looking on the big 3 superchargers sites only Procharger seems to have a front mount air to air intercooler. Am curious if i had a vortech S-trim is there a intercoolers around to mount to foxes with the vortech?

Procharger has a 2.5(3 also)in/out on the same side 2 core cooler but limited room might be the kill idea point, since Procharger's cooler is fed driver side, exit passenger side. If i want to satisfy the show it off in me with the intercooler out front i'll have to go Procharger possibly?

JimS
11-04-2005, 04:39 PM
I'd like to hear some opinions on this too.

QWKSNKE
11-04-2005, 04:53 PM
My thoughts...

Yes it will work with a vortech (procharger intercooler) BUT it will be a custom job. You will need somebody handy with a welder and a place to buy 3" pipe. You will also have to some more hacking on your inner fender to get 2 3" pipes to go through (one going to the intercooler and one coming out). It will also put the car down for a few weeks while you scratch your head and figure out how you want to lay everything out.

Go to my website ( www.qwiksnake.com ) to see pics of my procharger 3 core intercooler system

SteedaChaos
11-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Yea to go out of the norm and do it with the Vortech would be huge amount of time consumed fitting, fabbing, modding the front fasical and pipes, just dropping a post to see if someone already engineered one out on the market.

04 Mach1
11-07-2005, 06:53 PM
I have the same problem with my vortech. They make a air to water cooler but the price is so high. I have built my own alcohol injection kit that i plan to try sunday. I'll let ya know how it goes.

tacbear
11-07-2005, 07:38 PM
I have the same problem with my vortech. They make a air to water cooler but the price is so high. I have built my own alcohol injection kit that i plan to try sunday. I'll let ya know how it goes.

I am working on a A/A IC for my car and I firmly believe I can do it for around $400.00. I found a place I can get a 24"x12"x3" core w/ 3" inlet and outlet for lees than $200.00. And I found a source for piping and silicone sleeves, they should come to about $175.00.

The Rock 326
11-07-2005, 08:03 PM
I am working on a A/A IC for my car and I firmly believe I can do it for around $400.00. I found a place I can get a 24"x12"x3" core w/ 3" inlet and outlet for lees than $200.00. And I found a source for piping and silicone sleeves, they should come to about $175.00.

:hmm: That would be sweet. Wanna make an extra while you're at it?? :jester:

tacbear
11-07-2005, 08:11 PM
:hmm: That would be sweet. Wanna make an extra while you're at it?? :jester:

I will let you know, this one I have to hide from the wife--she thinks I'm finished Modding my car.

One_live95
11-08-2005, 01:03 AM
hey steeda, If you try this, i am local and can get you the piping you would need through my work for a reasonable price, if you try it i could get you a quote...

jason

QWKSNKE
11-08-2005, 02:58 AM
I am working on a A/A IC for my car and I firmly believe I can do it for around $400.00. I found a place I can get a 24"x12"x3" core w/ 3" inlet and outlet for lees than $200.00.

I maybe interested in one of these for another car as well. Do you have access to pics of it?

SteedaChaos
11-08-2005, 05:59 AM
hey steeda, If you try this, i am local and can get you the piping you would need through my work for a reasonable price, if you try it i could get you a quote...

jason

I doubt it J. i'm just not enginuitive with my car anymore like i use to be i was just throwing post out to see if there was a kit out already. On another forum some peeps mentioned about some other S/C companies having one, can't remeber those types i know lil to nothing of them except seeing their name rarely out here and there.

If there are a/a ic's out there that have in/outlets that feed up thru the passenger side end into the engine bay then modding it to feed the Vortech would be fairly easy. It's just from the front bumper cover thru the fender route i prefer someone already have a kit out that snakes thru there.

SteedaChaos
11-08-2005, 07:35 AM
A guy listed these as having one fitted for the fox body, HP, Hellion, PTK, and B&G turbo kits haven't really heard of these. Guess their all turbos, will have to google them and see what they have.

coupe
11-08-2005, 02:50 PM
IC's are expensive indeed. And be careful with the cores...some are not very good at flow while others are not very good at the actual heat transfer. A balance of the two is best.

The Rock 326
11-10-2005, 12:13 PM
I will let you know, this one I have to hide from the wife--she thinks I'm finished Modding my car.

Mine too! :jester: