PDA

View Full Version : An update, of sorts, from Mike Glover

93Cobra#2771
11-21-2005, 02:47 PM
copied/pasted from the tweecer mailing list:

"Mike Glover" <mgglover@swbell.net> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoogroups.com. Learn more
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:41:14 -0600
Subject: [TwEECer] Re: Looking for the Newest Softwear
>
> Hello I'm just looking for the newest version of your softwear. thanks again..
> I'm using the 1.30A9 right now... Is there anything thats newer? Thanks

Hey Kris,

There is no public release yet, but A10 is soon to be released. It is a group
of fixes and allows for the newer strategies that I have to add (more than
400).

The production 1.30 release will happen after that, but it requires a huge
amount of data entry and will get done when it is done.

the A10 that others may have referenced is given to those who are using or
testing strategies that have just been added/updated.

Best Regards,

Mike Glover
----------------------------------------------------------------
Slower Traffic Keep Right, LLC
6311 Holly Canyon Ct, Katy, TX 77450
(281)579-0102 | info@tweecer.com
Best of breed in EEC performance tuning
http://www.TwEECer.com

"it will get done when it gets done". Wow, that is professional... :shakehead

Dale McPeters
11-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Everyone I know already has the A10 version. I did not pass it out so I do not know how everyone else got theirs. The A10 version that I have still has bugs etc. in it.
Bob sent me what was supposes to be a new version of A10 last week but I already had that release as far as I can tell from testing.
I do not know what fixes would be in the "official" A10 release that are not in the A10 that is already floating around....:unsure:

I do know that he needs to release something as there are quite a few users that are not very happy about how long it has taken just to get a public response from him (Mike G.) on a possible release date. Well I take that back I got a response from him that said there would be a new software release in '05 sometime ago. Like about the first of the year?

I know that a few people have offered to help with items that just need to be keyed in.....which would have been a very big help to him.

I personally did not offer to help. I have no more spare time to offer.

fireguy50
11-21-2005, 03:48 PM
I told Mike I wanted to try a 96-98 Explorer 5.0L computer.
He sent me A10, without much fuss.
Nice guy on the phone, but doesn't have much time / patients for internet support these days.

QWKSNKE
11-21-2005, 04:04 PM
:yawn:

Believe it when i see it

86GT
11-21-2005, 04:59 PM
I would love to see the long over due update until then I will still use the PCMX. It has more functionallity anyways.

I do have an E1X from a 91-92 5.0 TBird that I would love to see how it compares. It has a different cam and would like to see what Ford did for the spark and injector timing. I just don't have the time to find all of the addresses.

fireguy50
11-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Clint, if you'd stop chatting with Chicks online all day, you'd have time to get some work done!

QWKSNKE
11-21-2005, 05:21 PM
I would love to see the long over due update until then I will still use the PCMX. It has more functionallity anyways.

I do have an EX1 from a 5.0 TBird that I would love to see how it compares. It has a different cam and would like to see what Ford did for the spark and injector timing. I just don't have the time to find all of the addresses.

probably the same as a x3z. Supposedly the 93-95 cobra cam was the cam from 5.0 t-birds

86GT
11-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Clint, if you'd stop chatting with Chicks online all day, you'd have time to get some work done!

Shhhhh, I'm married. That was suppose to be our secret. LOL

86GT
11-21-2005, 05:53 PM
probably the same as a x3z. Supposedly the 93-95 cobra cam was the cam from 5.0 t-birds

I thought the same thing. When I contacted Mike G he said it was part of the GSLAC strategy and he does not have support for it yet.

93Cobra#2771
11-22-2005, 06:25 AM
Everyone I know already has the A10 version. I did not pass it out so I do not know how everyone else got theirs. The A10 version that I have still has bugs etc. in it.
Bob sent me what was supposes to be a new version of A10 last week but I already had that release as far as I can tell from testing.
I do not know what fixes would be in the "official" A10 release that are not in the A10 that is already floating around....:unsure:

I do know that he needs to release something as there are quite a few users that are not very happy about how long it has taken just to get a public response from him (Mike G.) on a possible release date. Well I take that back I got a response from him that said there would be a new software release in '05 sometime ago. Like about the first of the year?

I know that a few people have offered to help with items that just need to be keyed in.....which would have been a very big help to him.

I personally did not offer to help. I have no more spare time to offer.

He needs to realize that the core users/supporters of the tweecer are starting to get a bad taste in their mouth. Either he needs to accept help from others, or simply quit making promises he can't keep. I'd rather know the truth than be strung along.

Hell, this is the first mention I've heard of an update ALL YEAR from him. He doesn't keep people posted on the bbs/mailing list/website, etc. I know he wants to keep adding the new binaries in there, but there comes a time when he needs to give a cutoff date on those new binaries. Heck, I bet he'd be shocked how many tweecers are being used on the older stuff - I'll wager most of the tweecer sales cover stuff 5 years and older. Not typical for a DIY person to take a brand new/under warranty vehicle and start messing with the tune...

Anyhow... :soapbox:

Dale McPeters
11-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Richard,
You would be about 90% correct in making that statement as most DIY users own older model vehicles 4 to 5 years old or older. The ones that I know do anyway.
Most of the ones that own the newer cars etc. "ARE" going to SCT because they know that they can get actual support and regular updates for the software/hardware. For the older cars that I have I do not need that kind of support as I have the means to get to everything that I need. Well except for on the '93gt but that is another story. But if I were to buy something lets say like a 2006-07 GT500 Mustang unlikely but if I did do you think that I would try to tune it with anything other than SCT? It would be highly doubtful.

I can tell you that Mike G. has lost a few very knowledegable and faithful EEC-Tuner/TwEECer users to SCT just because of no public communication on the list or in the forums............
It really does make me feel bad for some of the other users that he would not consider at least sticking his head in every now and then just to let them know how things are going wether it be good or bad......or to just say "It is taking longer that I had planned etc." for some that would be worth a lot.

93Cobra#2771
11-22-2005, 07:42 AM
Exactly, Dale. Quite honestly, if he doesn't change his ways, I can see the tweecer going the way of the EEC tuner... :(

Dale McPeters
11-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Exactly, Dale. Quite honestly, if he doesn't change his ways, I can see the tweecer going the way of the EEC tuner... :(

Yep, I hate to say it but I am in agreement with you on this......:(

Sendero
11-22-2005, 08:19 AM
What would it take (realistically), for some of us to write software that can interface with the TwEECer hardware and do what we need it to do?

I keep saying, that if Mike was to make the software "open standards" and only sale the interface hardware, the whole community would benefit greatly. Just take a good look at Red Hat (Fedora) Linux.

Italian LX
11-22-2005, 08:25 AM
. . . Just take a good look at Red Hat. . .

:think:

http://www.8ttb.com/_images/pics/pictures/mini-Arin%20Red%20Hat.JPG

:shrug:

:D

QWKSNKE
11-22-2005, 08:44 AM
:lol:

86GT
11-22-2005, 08:45 AM
There are many of us out there that have offered our services, but for some reason he does not want the help. He told me that nintey percent of his work is data entry for the new strategies.

This maybe true, but hire someone that has no idea what they are entering, if he is taht afarid of someone getting the memory maps. Someone is bound to hack his dat files eventually.

I currently use the PCMX and only use Cal Edit to download the binary. If he really wanted he could let the new software out but hold back the new stratigies until he has time to test them. Better yet, let the users test it for him.

Just my red hot two cents.

93Cobra#2771
11-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Yep, he should hire a cousin to do some data entry or SOMETHING, just so we aren't all out here swinging in the breeze...

openoffice.org is another great example of open software...

86GT
11-22-2005, 02:21 PM
yep yep yep

Cougar5.0
11-26-2005, 10:04 AM
copied/pasted from the tweecer mailing list:

"it will get done when it gets done". Wow, that is professional... :shakehead

In April of 2006 it will have been, what, two years before we saw an official release of the software?

:bowdown:

:lastyear: :eek2: :saywha: