PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!

budroni
11-23-2005, 03:11 PM
First of all... Happy B-Day to me!!

Next, as some of you may know, I cracked my tail shaft housing during track day at MMP. Well got it back to Memphis and replaced the tail shaft housing. Well since then, I went to the track one more time (couldn't hook at all), and have driven the car very little. Today.. I put it up on the dyno and there was more trans fluid dripping. Sure enough.. cracked again. We really inspected everything and noticed the engine was sitting up on the drivers side some. We loosened the motor mounts and lined it up better. Thing is.. the car just seems to vibrate really bad ever since I put the k-member in. It does it even when at idle in neutral. Anyone run into this or have any ideas? I really do not want to replace it again just to crack another housing...

*shrug*

QWKSNKE
11-23-2005, 03:17 PM
could the geometry of the k-member be off? That would cause the motor and tranny to not sit straight which in turn would throw the driveshaft out of balance and put pressure against the tailshaft?

Did that make sense? It was kinda hard to type out to where it would make sense

budroni
11-23-2005, 03:18 PM
could the geometry of the k-member be off? That would cause the motor and tranny to not sit straight which in turn would throw the driveshaft out of balance and put pressure against the tailshaft?

Did that make sense? It was kinda hard to type out to where it would make sense

That makes sense... it is just pissing me off right now.. damnit.

Sendero
11-23-2005, 08:41 PM
If it vibrates at idle, I'd suspect the Crankshaft Damper or your Flexplate is out of balance.