PDA

View Full Version : Why is this in my throttle body?

Brutal87
12-12-2005, 02:37 AM
Why wound the previous owner do this?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/HazePerformance/Mustang%20Teardown/dime.jpg

Do all BBK's have that hole on the blade?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/HazePerformance/Mustang%20Teardown/tbinside.jpg

Thanks
Carl :chug:

QWKSNKE
12-12-2005, 05:01 AM
to solve any idle problems

Italian LX
12-12-2005, 05:14 AM
It appears that at some point someone drilled a hole in the throttle plate to increase the idle; either trying to compensating for a bad IAC or attempting to eliminate surging.

Later, they wanted to plug the hole back up and used a dime to cover it... maybe? :shrug:

Is that RTV that they used to stcik it there? Whatever they used, I don't know how comfortable I'd feel to have that peice of metal just waiting to dislodge and make it's way into the combustion chamber. :bomb:

Brutal87
12-12-2005, 05:24 AM
I don't feel comfortable either.. The T/B is getting swapped to a 75mm anyway.

It looks to be that "Steel Stick" putty stuff.

Thanks guys. :metal:

NightHawk756
12-12-2005, 06:26 AM
It appears that at some point someone drilled a hole in the throttle plate to increase the idle; either trying to compensating for a bad IAC or attempting to eliminate surging.

Later, they wanted to plug the hole back up and used a dime to cover it... maybe? :shrug:

Is that RTV that they used to stcik it there? Whatever they used, I don't know how comfortable I'd feel to have that peice of metal just waiting to dislodge and make it's way into the combustion chamber. :bomb:

:werd:

coupe
12-15-2005, 07:51 PM
They came that way. Some did, some didn't. I'm serious. I had a 65mm with the hole and a friend had a 75mm with the hole. :shrug:

Italian LX
12-15-2005, 08:36 PM
They came that way. Some did, some didn't. I'm serious. I had a 65mm with the hole and a friend had a 75mm with the hole. :shrug:
I seriously doubt any TB comes with a dime plastered to it. :shake:

:D

coupe
12-15-2005, 08:57 PM
:werd: probably not. That does look insane.