PDA

View Full Version : Additions to the GT

Crzypny
12-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Haven't posted since the accident with the LX. Shortly after it was replaced with an '89 GT. When I got the car it was totally stock. Not one thing had been changed on it since the day it was purchased.

Ran it at the track and got exactly what I expected for a stock automatic GT -

R/T 1.12
60' 2.29
1/8 10.098
MPH 70.78
1/4 15.504
MPH 90.36

This past week we have been working on adding some performance items. At this point we are at a standstill waiting on the delivery of a couple of items. Hopefully it will be finished by the first of next week.

When all is finished the following items will have been added -

New timing chain and gears
E303 cam
New injectors (stock replacements)
New IAC module
Underdrive pulleys
K & N
Mac shorty headers
Prochamber

Also have a set of 3.73s in the box waiting. :metal:

I'll be interested in seeing what kind of times it will run with the new additions.

I would also like to thank Lee and Brian for answering any questions that I had and offering their advice. :nice:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Crzypny/Pic053.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Crzypny/Pic054.jpg

TheJeanyus
12-16-2005, 03:03 PM
:nice:

QWKSNKE
12-16-2005, 03:48 PM
No problems on answering the questions. Glad I could help out.

So what are plans for the tranny? Are you going to do a 5-speed conversion or go ahead and do a stall with a 'built' AOD?

QWKSNKE
12-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Are you and Jon going to the gear swap as well?

Crzypny
12-16-2005, 04:14 PM
So what are plans for the tranny? Are you going to do a 5-speed conversion or go ahead and do a stall with a 'built' AOD?

Well, I am the first to admit I can't drive an automatic. All my stangs have always been manuals. Jon ran my car for me at the track. The one time I did try it I redlighted. :doh:

I was able to keep the LX in the settlement with the insurance company, so my plans are to eventually take the 5 spd from it and transfer it into the GT. Not sure if it will need a rebuild before the swap or not. I was thinking maybe the syncronizers were going bad because of the trouble I was having shifting into 3rd and sometimes reverse was giving me a problem - but I think maybe you had suggested in a past conversation that it may not be my problem.

I don't think the gear swap is something we want to tackle on our own. I will probably have someone do that for me.

As far as future mods on the car, I think completing the exhaust with a Mac cat-back, switching out the tranny, and some suspension work is the plan for now. I don't plan on going any further with the engine that is in it. I plan on pulling the one from the LX, tear it down, have it machined and build it from scratch.

1sicklx
12-16-2005, 04:25 PM
not going to do a back yard gear swap ... without the proper tools it's just asking for trouble imo ... going to have them installed.

QWKSNKE
12-16-2005, 04:27 PM
yeah I believe I mentioned the chance that your clutch may have caused the issues (from what I remember).

Does the LX still have tail pipes on it? If so, are you interested in getting rid of them?

QWKSNKE
12-16-2005, 04:28 PM
not going to do a back yard gear swap ... that's just asking for trouble imo ... going to have them installed.

I didn't know if maybe you had done one before.

1sicklx
12-16-2005, 04:32 PM
nope, I leave the gear swaps to those with the proper tools. ;)

QWKSNKE
12-16-2005, 04:33 PM
nope, I leave the gear swaps to those with the proper tools. ;)

Good idea. I would let you use some mics if you wanted to do it but I believe a buddy of mine has them

Crzypny
12-16-2005, 04:39 PM
yeah I believe I mentioned the chance that your clutch may have caused the issues (from what I remember).

Does the LX still have tail pipes on it? If so, are you interested in getting rid of them?

Yeah I remember the question about the clutch. The clutch was practically new, had been installed less than 6 month before the accident.

As far as tail pipes, yes it's got them (with flowmasters). Only bad thing is that the ignorant person that owned the car before me had the pipes welded so it's one solid piece from the cats back.

redhorse
12-16-2005, 10:34 PM
I must say the car looks a lot better than it did when you first got it. Especially since you cleaned the seats and put new fog lights in it.

QWKSNKE
12-17-2005, 02:58 AM
As far as tail pipes, yes it's got them (with flowmasters). Only bad thing is that the ignorant person that owned the car before me had the pipes welded so it's one solid piece from the cats back.

:slap: to whomever did that

Italian LX
12-17-2005, 09:09 AM
I'm glad it's coming along well, and I'm glad I could help out some.

Crzypny
12-22-2005, 04:00 PM
He's up and running. :metal:

Drove it around the neighborhood and with the exception of the throttle sticking and the small vacuum leak things seem to be running well.

Here is a pic of the finished product.....couldn't win any pretty/clean awards but it's a lot better looking than what I started with.

We also ended up doing a complete smog pump delete.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Crzypny/Pic55.jpg

slvrbullit
12-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Damn look at all that dirt, get rid of that and you could get in the 12's :poke: :poke::jester:

Looks good, glad you got it running again.

1sicklx
12-22-2005, 04:37 PM
She has to make it into the 14's first. :D

NightHawk756
12-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Congrats! Glad to see it up and running again!;)