PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars NXT Tech Wax...

DSkeet
12-21-2005, 10:31 AM
This is some good stuff. I have tried alot of other stuff but this seems to do what it says it will. I have used Zymol, Meguiars Gold Class(my 2nd choice), and even that Turtle Wax platinum stuff. Now that I have a garage to keep the ol stang in I try to wax every 2-3 weeks just to give me something to do in the garage! Next I wanna try that Zaino wax. Lee, anyone? Anyone wanna let me borrow some and try it??? J/K

EZ SPEED
12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
This is some good stuff. I have tried alot of other stuff but this seems to do what it says it will. I have used Zymol, Meguiars Gold Class(my 2nd choice), and even that Turtle Wax platinum stuff. Now that I have a garage to keep the ol stang in I try to wax every 2-3 weeks just to give me something to do in the garage! Next I wanna try that Zaino wax. Lee, anyone? Anyone wanna let me borrow some and try it??? J/K

Dont waste your time with Zaino, I was a die hard Zaino fanatic till I started using NXT....now I use NXT exclusively :metal:

I can get a better shine in about 1/5 of the time with the NXT over the Zaino

QWKSNKE
12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
the nxt is a good wax if you have a garage to keep your car in.

Its worthless on our cars though. We don't have a garage. I think it last 2 weeks on the 93 when I used it this year.

Shell and I both like the Zaino BUT it is not a job you can complete in one day if you do multiple stages like we do

CrazyInBlack
12-21-2005, 12:54 PM
i like it :nice:

DSkeet
12-21-2005, 03:14 PM
I guess this weekend I will go ahead and do the 3 step on the 4Runner but instead of using the normal Meguiars wax as the final stage I will do the NXT. I expect big results!!

TheJeanyus
12-21-2005, 04:17 PM
NXT lasts about a month for me. It shines great, but it really doesn't last long enough. I still use it though just because it's so easy to put on. I can get up a little early for a track meet or something and wash/wax the car before I go. :bling:

FastRedPonyCar
01-23-2006, 08:51 AM
I use NTX also. I've tried quite a few popular off the shelf brands like the meguiars 3 step wax, eagle one nano wax, zaino, meguiars gold, turtle wax, etc.

NTX is the only one that doesn't leave that residue all over the rag and powder up when wiping it off. I can do my whole car with 2 rags. One for applying it and one to remove it.

It doesn't last quite as long as the meguiars 3 step wax but then again, it also doesn't take 3 hours to apply and when it is on, there's virtually no difference that I can see so it's not worth the extra time and effort IMO. I also found that using the meguiars quick detailer after each wash GREALTY prolongs the shine and silkeness.

This was after a wash, and NTX. Excuse me while I go cry...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/Mustangs/Tech_Waxd.jpg

TheJeanyus
01-23-2006, 10:08 AM
I also found that using the meguiars quick detailer after each wash GREALTY prolongs the shine and silkeness.
:werd: I swear by that stuff.

NO2MORO
01-25-2006, 10:47 AM
I love the NTX wax. The only problem is that all the stores in my area are discontuning the wax. So if you see it on the clereance isle of wal mart you better buy up what you can.

I found that the wax works best on cars with a Metalic paint job. It creates a 3D image with the metalic flakes of the paint.

banditmwp
01-26-2006, 07:13 PM
I love the NTX wax. The only problem is that all the stores in my area are discontuning the wax. So if you see it on the clereance isle of wal mart you better buy up what you can.

I found that the wax works best on cars with a Metalic paint job. It creates a 3D image with the metalic flakes of the paint.
:think:

I haven't heard anything about us (O'Reilly Auto Parts) dropping the NXT line.

TheJeanyus
01-26-2006, 07:26 PM
:think:

I haven't heard anything about us (O'Reilly Auto Parts) dropping the NXT line.
If you do, please let me know so I can get a couple bottles from you before it's all gone. :nice:

banditmwp
01-26-2006, 07:46 PM
If you do, please let me know so I can get a couple bottles from you before it's all gone. :nice:
I'll have 'em at the house before the stock lift finishes printing at the store. :D

TheJeanyus
01-26-2006, 08:20 PM
I'll have 'em at the house before the stock lift finishes printing at the store. :D
:lol: :nice:

TheJeanyus
03-04-2009, 12:10 PM
:ttt:

Anyone used NXT 2.0? What is the major difference between it and the regular NXT?

TheJeanyus
03-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Wow, so no one has used 2.0? I guess we'll try it out on Dad's truck before we use it on his Z06. :lol:

Italian LX
03-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Wow, so no one has used 2.0?
I may try some on the coupe tomorrow. :jester:

89five0Gt
03-06-2009, 08:00 AM
I like that turtlewax ice.

qkjuicedpony
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow, so no one has used 2.0? I guess we'll try it out on Dad's truck before we use it on his Z06. :lol:

You won't be dissappointed in it.

I have used it on the 86 Gt once and like it.

CrazyInBlack
03-11-2009, 11:02 AM
I may try some on the coupe tomorrow. :jester:

was this post made before the wreck, or do you mean bondo 2.0?

TheJeanyus
03-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Even if it was before the wreck...I think the wax would have just rubbed the paint off. :D

Italian LX
03-11-2009, 11:59 AM
It was made after... as a joke, of course. :D

Italian LX
03-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Even if it was before the wreck...I think the wax would have just rubbed the paint off. :D
:werd:

QWKSNKE
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
:ttt:

Anyone used NXT 2.0? What is the major difference between it and the regular NXT?

I didn't know they had another version out. I tried the original and it only lasted a month on my old cobra so I went back to Zaino Bros.

Shelly's car and the truck needs to be done. I'll let you try it out on them. :D

I loathe waxing a car

TheJeanyus
03-11-2009, 12:22 PM
I didn't know they had another version out. I tried the original and it only lasted a month on my old cobra so I went back to Zaino Bros.

Shelly's car and the truck needs to be done. I'll let you try it out on them. :D

I loathe waxing a car
I don't even have any of the wax...Dad is the one who will be trying it out. :D I don't even have a car to wax. The truck could use it, though. It's amazing how much longer wax lasts when they sit in the garage and never get driven. :lol:

QWKSNKE
03-11-2009, 08:23 PM
It's amazing how much longer wax lasts when they sit in the garage and never get driven. :lol:

:rofl:
I got onto 89Hoss at work today in regards to never driving the Shelby. Told him that he shouldn't allow oil to expire in the motor. I think he has put around 1500 miles on the car in the last 10 months. He has done 2-3 oil changes in that amount of time

CrazyInBlack
03-11-2009, 08:38 PM

I always thought it was cool that he could use white out as touch-up paint

TheJeanyus
03-11-2009, 09:15 PM
:rofl:
I got onto 89Hoss at work today in regards to never driving the Shelby. Told him that he shouldn't allow oil to expire in the motor. I think he has put around 1500 miles on the car in the last 10 months. He has done 2-3 oil changes in that amount of time
The manual in the truck says to change the oil every 7500 miles, but I changed it at 4000 because it was 6 months old. :D It still has under 4100 on it, and that was in mid-January. I put under 3000 miles on the Cobra in the last 2-3 years of owning it. Maybe my next car will get driven... :D

QWKSNKE
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Bought my car last May with 1500 miles on it. Now it has over 12k :D

Italian LX
03-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Bought my car last May with 1500 miles on it. Now it has over 12k :D
I put the 418 in the coupe two years ago.... it turned 30,000 miles the day before the wreck.

ChipR4cam
03-18-2009, 09:09 AM
I used 2.0 on the old Bullitt last night. I was impressed. Nice and slick, even, much darker black, and it took hardly any rubbing to get the stuff off.:yup:

rtusnake
03-18-2009, 08:13 PM
I bet the paint on the bullitt was scared, probably didn't know what wax was :jester:

ChipR4cam
03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
I bet the paint on the bullitt was scared, probably didn't know what wax was :jester:

:lol:It had been a while but it got buffed a month ago and some of the paint is fresh.:D