PDA

View Full Version : TOB noise?

TheJeanyus
12-22-2005, 05:04 PM
On my way home today, I noticed that with the transmission in neutral and the clutch all the way out, I can hear a sort of "whirring" sound. It's not a "chirping" like a lot of people describe with a TOB, but there is something making noise. When I push the clutch it, it goes away. In gear, nothing but normal noise from the shifter. Is my TOB going bad, or is this something else?

QWKSNKE
12-22-2005, 05:09 PM
TOB. Don't worry til it comes apart :D

TheJeanyus
12-22-2005, 05:16 PM
TOB. Don't worry til it comes apart :D
That's what I was hoping someone would say. I just hope it doesn't come apart anytime soon since I just bought a pulley, idler, MAFXtender, pulley puller and install tool, spark plugs, Gates belt, and 2 Nittos. :huh:

rtusnake
12-22-2005, 07:22 PM
I heard some of the cobras had some kind of problem with the bellhousing on how it holds the clutch fork or something. Wonder if it could be a problem from that?

rtusnake
01-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Found out some more stuff tonight if you are still having the problem. Read alot of the 03 cobras do this. They use some kind of tob sleeve to stop it from mcleod.

uvbnhad
01-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Mine made a squealing noise about four months ago and haven't heard anything since. It either fixed itself or pretty much welded itself together from the friction...either way it's not bothering me.