PDA

View Full Version : MAFia vs BA2400

mustangmuscle
12-23-2005, 07:50 AM
Ok, here's my problem....
I'm either getting the MAFia or the BA2400 to provide a margin of safety at the current time, and for 'room-to-grow' for more HP, hopefully in the very near future. Normally the MAFia is cheaper than the BA2400, and since they both pretty much do the same thing (I'm told), the choice was a "no-brainer". However, Diablosport has the MAFia units on back-order, and the release date keeps getting pushed back. In an effort to take care of his customer, my parts supplier/tuner is offering me an incredible price on the BA2400. ;)

So, what are the differences, if any, between the 2? Any pros/cons of going with one over the other?

I'd considered going with the MAFExtender, but am not into splicing wires. 'Plug-n-play' is more my style....:baby: If it can be broken, I'll find a way.....so the K-I-S-S principle is more suited to my skills....:banana:

Thanks!
Chris

TheJeanyus
12-23-2005, 11:14 AM
I vote for the MAFia. If you can use a stock meter, I would. Of course, James has experience tuning with either one so I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem tuning it either way. I have heard a couple people over on SVTP say that they have had problems using the MAFia with SCT software or the BA2400 with Diablo software, though.

mustangmuscle
12-23-2005, 04:29 PM
I vote for the MAFia. If you can use a stock meter, I would. Of course, James has experience tuning with either one so I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem tuning it either way. I have heard a couple people over on SVTP say that they have had problems using the MAFia with SCT software or the BA2400 with Diablo software, though.

Thanks for the response!
Thats one of the things I'm wondering about. I know they are "supposed" to work together, but when you are using parts from different companies, strange things can and do happen......

boss96
12-24-2005, 08:51 AM
There is a flow sheet for the SCT meters in the doc. section if you want to try and use that meter. Either one will require tuning to make it work. I guess I would lean towards the SCT meter a little bit, although either one will do what you want.
Bob

mustangmuscle
12-24-2005, 01:06 PM
There is a flow sheet for the SCT meters in the doc. section if you want to try and use that meter. Either one will require tuning to make it work. I guess I would lean towards the SCT meter a little bit, although either one will do what you want.
Bob

Thanks for the reply and info.
My tuner already has my XCAL2 set up with a tune to use should I go with the MAFia, and would send me a tune to go with the BA2400.....
I'm leaning towards the BA2400 right now, too.....to try and avoid any compatability issues.....

Thanks again,
Chris

mj_8
12-29-2005, 09:06 AM
How about the MAF-X...it's what I use and RWTD has never had any problems tunning my car with it.

EZ SPEED
12-29-2005, 10:46 AM
I am running a BA2400 on the 93L, and was running it on the 03L, but now stepping up to a BA2800 on the 03L :nice:

mustangmuscle
12-29-2005, 04:03 PM
How about the MAF-X...it's what I use and RWTD has never had any problems tunning my car with it.

The MAF-X is great! Splicing wires isnt my forte....so its gonna be either the MAFia or the BA2400.
I prefer 'plug-n-play'....Absolutely nothing wrong with the Extender.....

mustangmuscle
12-29-2005, 04:04 PM
I am running a BA2400 on the 93L, and was running it on the 03L, but now stepping up to a BA2800 on the 03L :nice:

So, you're pleased with the BA2400?

If the MAFia's dont come off 'back-order' PDQ, am definitely going with the SCT piece.....

EZ SPEED
12-30-2005, 02:58 AM
So, you're pleased with the BA2400?

:yup:

mustangmuscle
12-30-2005, 11:54 AM
:yup:

Thanks!