PDA

View Full Version : Excessive oil in the intake

Brutal87
12-25-2005, 06:23 PM
So check it out.. It's suckin lots of oil in from the valve cover filer neck tube & I'm sure the PCV.. I thought about doing this oil separator mod.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173161&highlight=Oil+Seperator

I have all the parts to do it. I was going to put it on my Cobra but never got around to it.

That should take care of the PCV but what about the filler neck hose?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/HazePerformance/Mustang%20Teardown/100_1909.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/HazePerformance/Mustang%20Teardown/100_1906.jpg

Thanks
Carl :chug:

QWKSNKE
12-26-2005, 03:01 AM
you shouldn't be getting anything from the filler neck. What is your PCV routing now?

Shankin
12-26-2005, 06:01 AM
Loose the pcv valve and run a hose to a catch can.

Brutal87
12-26-2005, 03:41 PM
you shouldn't be getting anything from the filler neck. What is your PCV routing now?

It's not in the air tube but it's in the throttle body too.. I has to be coming from the neck tube right??

I have the PCV on the rear of the lower & the hose goes to the underside of the upper. (It's one of those hoses in the top pic.)

Brutal87
12-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Loose the pcv valve and run a hose to a catch can.

Ill give it a try.. What about the filler neck? I was thinking about getting new valve covers (without the neck) & using breathers? Whata think?

Thanks Guys.. :chug:

QWKSNKE
12-26-2005, 03:58 PM
It's not in the air tube but it's in the throttle body too.. I has to be coming from the neck tube right??

I have the PCV on the rear of the lower & the hose goes to the underside of the upper. (It's one of those hoses in the top pic.)

you are "boosting" your crankcase. You need to route the line from the PCV to the inlet side of your blower.

With it still hooked to the upper, it is possible that when your intakes are under positive pressure (i.e. boost) that positive pressure is getting by your PCV valve and building up pressure in the crankcase which will cause "blow-by" symptoms out your valve cover.

Shankin
12-26-2005, 05:31 PM
I dont run a pcv on anything boosted. The valve cover hose will work fine run into a vented can. Oil greatly reduces the octane rating of your gas so its best left to the stockers.

QWKSNKE
12-26-2005, 05:40 PM
I dont run a pcv on anything boosted. The valve cover hose will work fine run into a vented can. Oil greatly reduces the octane rating of your gas so its best left to the stockers.

jeff,
What do you do for the for the location where the stock PCV goes? Block it with something?

I actually had thought about the PCV return causing problems with the octane rating and actually wonder if that was my issue with blowing the head gasket a couple of weeks ago.

Brutal87
12-26-2005, 10:48 PM
OK.. So I'll lose the pcv completely & block off the hole. I need new valve covers anyway so.. can I just get the breather ones & lose the neck pipe also?

Shankin
12-27-2005, 06:19 AM
I use a rubber freeze plug with the bolt in the center. You can block it off without removing the upper. Hope this helps.