PDA

View Full Version : Tint...

Jhootersgirl
12-31-2005, 07:53 AM
I think i might go have the ZX4 tinted. Where too guys? I want a good job done.

Jhootersgirl
12-31-2005, 07:53 AM
oh and i think i posted this b4 somewhere but i cant remember where

QWKSNKE
12-31-2005, 08:02 AM
don't know much about shops the b'ham area.

DSkeet
12-31-2005, 09:04 AM
If you don't mind traveling we can do it for you... But I'm sure you can find somewhere in your area to do it for you at a good price.

Jhootersgirl
12-31-2005, 03:05 PM
I guess Anniston is kinda far. If i were having multiple things done i might would. THanks for the offer though

Jhootersgirl
01-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh does anyone know the legal limit for tint? i Know they crack down on it here/

DSkeet
01-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Oh does anyone know the legal limit for tint? i Know they crack down on it here/

In Alabama it is 32% all around on a car. If I'm not mistaken they will allow a few percent lower maybe to 28 or 29%. Most tint companies make either a 35%(way too light), or a 30%(what we use). So over the course of a couple years the tint will fade equally 2-3% to hit that 32% mark...

Jhootersgirl
01-03-2006, 12:38 AM
I got some on my other car --it wasnt exactly legal. whats on your car in the pic below...Its so hard to find dark tint for a black car.

DSkeet
01-03-2006, 05:57 AM
I got some on my other car --it wasnt exactly legal. whats on your car in the pic below...Its so hard to find dark tint for a black car.

I have 15% on the sides and back, then I have 30% down the whole front w/s, so yeah it's far from legal!

TheJeanyus
01-03-2006, 06:01 AM
I've had 20% on the sides and back of the Cobra for over a year now and have never had any trouble - and I've driven in AL, GA, FL, TN, and NC in that year. I know it isn't legal, but it doesn't seem like you're going to get a ticket for tint unless the LEO who pulls you over just really wants to write you a ticket.

Jhootersgirl
01-03-2006, 09:21 AM
I've had 20% on the sides and back of the Cobra for over a year now and have never had any trouble - and I've driven in AL, GA, FL, TN, and NC in that year. I know it isn't legal, but it doesn't seem like you're going to get a ticket for tint unless the LEO who pulls you over just really wants to write you a ticket.

Yeah no doubt. The only places i worry about here is Vestavia, and Hoover. Im not sure about Helena or Alabaster. they really crack down here for some odd reason.

Jhootersgirl
01-03-2006, 09:22 AM
I have 15% on the sides and back, then I have 30% down the whole front w/s, so yeah it's far from legal!

dang man...I wouldnt have guessed 15% but its always harder to figure on black cars

joker
01-03-2006, 10:38 AM
My wifes uncle works over at Audio Creation in Hoover (right off lorna) and I can honestly say he does an excellent job. Whatever you do dont go to one of these hole in the wall cheap tint shops. I have yet to find one around Birmingham that does a good job, and some are a downright ripoff if you ever have a problem with the tint.

Jhootersgirl
01-03-2006, 03:14 PM
My wifes uncle works over at Audio Creation in Hoover (right off lorna) and I can honestly say he does an excellent job. Whatever you do dont go to one of these hole in the wall cheap tint shops. I have yet to find one around Birmingham that does a good job, and some are a downright ripoff if you ever have a problem with the tint.

Yeah i found that out with my last car. It was some cheap place on Greensprings. They did the job too fast and it wasnt that great.

joker
01-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah i found that out with my last car. It was some cheap place on Greensprings. They did the job too fast and it wasnt that great.
I have had cars done at Tint plus in Centerpoint, Xtreme Car Toys over off Archadelphia, and one other place I forgot. All of them did what I would consider to be a subpar job, and the guys at Tint plus pretty much refused to fix the bad tint job. Dont believe that whole lifetime warranty stuff from these cheap tint shops.

Jhootersgirl
01-03-2006, 05:19 PM
I have had cars done at Tint plus in Centerpoint, Xtreme Car Toys over off Archadelphia, and one other place I forgot. All of them did what I would consider to be a subpar job, and the guys at Tint plus pretty much refused to fix the bad tint job. Dont believe that whole lifetime warranty stuff from these cheap tint shops.

Well i was gonna take back my car --chad noticed some things that just shouldnt have been left and told me to take it back. I had the "lifetime warrenty" and well i didnt get to take it back bc i wrecked the car. But the warrenty was a buisness card...kinda dumb/

Jhootersgirl
01-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Ill make sure i get Chad to go with me nxt time so they cant take advantage of me not noticeing things --being a girl and all.

Crzypny
01-04-2006, 06:42 PM
My wifes uncle works over at Audio Creation in Hoover (right off lorna) and I can honestly say he does an excellent job.

I've used them before and was very satisfied with the work.

Jhootersgirl
01-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I've used them before and was very satisfied with the work.

thanks for the input Tracie :metal:

UGOTB1T
01-04-2006, 10:04 PM

Same here, and if you do get pulled over, just roll both windows down:jester:

Worked for me:chug:

slvrbullit
01-05-2006, 06:12 AM
My company I work for uses Planet Audio in Pelham, they do an excellent job and stand behind their work.

UA2k1GT
01-05-2006, 10:02 AM

side windows and tint meters aren't necessary :jester:

(d) No person shall operate a motor vehicle which has a windshield, sidewing or rear window which has tinting to the extent or manufactured in such a way that occupants of the vehicle cannot be easily identified or recognized through the sidewing or rear windows from outside the motor vehicle. :popo:

QWKSNKE
01-05-2006, 10:08 AM

:popo:

:D

Ponygirl
01-05-2006, 10:54 AM

:popo:
:rofl: You can still see me. I am a very "bright" person :D I'll stay out of your jurisdiction just in case :D

Jhootersgirl
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM

haha funny! ill remember that

Italian LX
01-05-2006, 06:01 PM
I am a very "bright" person :D
Me too. I'm so bright that my parents calls me son. :D

QWKSNKE
01-05-2006, 06:11 PM

:rolleyes:

GTkitten
01-25-2006, 10:27 AM
I need to get mine tinted too...might take it to that place in Hoover. I really want them to do a good job over that dot matrix on the rear window. But I've heard it might be a good idea to wait until its warmer outside? Is that true?

joker
01-25-2006, 04:40 PM
I need to get mine tinted too...might take it to that place in Hoover. I really want them to do a good job over that dot matrix on the rear window. But I've heard it might be a good idea to wait until its warmer outside? Is that true?
Yes, it is usually better to wait until warmer weather, The warmer it is outside, the faster the bubbles and everything come out of the tint. This doesnt mean you cant get it done in cold weather, it will just take longer for the tint to smooth out.

Crzypny
01-25-2006, 07:00 PM
I really want them to do a good job over that dot matrix on the rear window.

My '01 was tinted when I bought it. Don't know the name of the business that did it but they were located in the Sylacauga area. They used something like a sheet of black vinyl over the top of the back window and you couldn't even see the dots - I was impressed with how it had turned out.

DSkeet
01-27-2006, 05:53 AM
My '01 was tinted when I bought it. Don't know the name of the business that did it but they were located in the Sylacauga area. They used something like a sheet of black vinyl over the top of the back window and you couldn't even see the dots - I was impressed with how it had turned out.

That's how mine is... On a black car as you step away from the car at about 15-20 ft you almost can't tell the vinyl is there.

FastRedPonyCar
02-09-2006, 09:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/forums/hahajesus.jpg

TheJeanyus
02-09-2006, 12:32 PM
:lol: