PDA

View Full Version : New Turbo Company?

QWKSNKE
01-03-2006, 04:39 PM
http://vecco.net/turbo_kits.htm

they have some nice looking kits

04 Mach1
01-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Wish I would of gone that route. Kits looks good and not to bad of a price.

joker
01-03-2006, 04:51 PM

Not bad prices at all. I would be worried about them though until they have been around a while. The turbo business seems to be shady at best sometimes, with companies building up, taking peoples money, then closing shop and re opening under another name.

QWKSNKE
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Not bad prices at all. I would be worried about them though until they have been around a while. The turbo business seems to be shady at best sometimes, with companies building up, taking peoples money, then closing shop and re opening under another name.

yeah that's what worries me about buying something that might take 3 months to manufacture and ship to me

joker
01-03-2006, 05:08 PM
yeah that's what worries me about buying something that might take 3 months to manufacture and ship to meExactly, I have just read too many horror stories about people waiting 6 months to a year for turbo kits.

coupe
01-03-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't know anything about them. There are alot of pop-up companies out there claiming good stuff...The "cheap" turbos may serve their purpose but I still recommend genuine Garrett stuff. As for kits, they're usually hit-or-miss on fitment, completeness, and delivery-time.

LeeH
01-03-2006, 07:06 PM
I don't know anything about them. There are alot of pop-up companies out there claiming good stuff...The "cheap" turbos may serve their purpose but I still recommend genuine Garrett stuff. As for kits, they're usually hit-or-miss on fitment, completeness, and delivery-time.

Holset, Garrett, Air Research and Schwitzer have been around for years, All the rest are in most cases cheap knock offs or retrofitted/modified previously mentioned brands.

QWKSNKE
01-03-2006, 07:08 PM

Isn't a T3 a Garrett unit

NightHawk756
01-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Hmmm, looks good. But anyone can sell you anything. If I had it to do again...I would hands down by a Hellion Turbo kit. This company was started by John Urist. He prides himself on very low delivery waits. Sometimes as little as two weeks or less. ;)

QWKSNKE
01-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I agree Brad, I absolutely love to get rid of my blower and get one of his kits. If it wasn't for the fact that I had put so much money in my car over the last 14 months I would sale the blower and get one. Now that I own 2 turbo vehicles it makes owning a blower car that much worse

joker
01-03-2006, 08:27 PM
I agree Brad, I absolutely love to get rid of my blower and get one of his kits. If it wasn't for the fact that I had put so much money in my car over the last 14 months I would sale the blower and get one. Now that I own 2 turbo vehicles it makes owning a blower car that much worse
Sell the blower, slap a bottle back on that bad boy, and use the extra cash for a beefed up tranny :jester:

QWKSNKE
01-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Sell the blower, slap a bottle back on that bad boy, and use the extra cash for a beefed up tranny :jester:

:lol:

I would but i have got used to having the power all the time now. So i don't think I could go back to it.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved the bottle!

coupe
01-03-2006, 08:39 PM
The SVO is Garrett...it's straight T3 yes. The Powerchoke is also Garrett, but made in Brazil: on a side note, the Powerchoke turbo is ENTIRELY manufactured by machines; not a human hand touches it. Wonder why we've seen some in for rebuilds that had finger-loose bolts? Machine can't "snug" a bolt down very well.

There's a new Master-Power brand out and they're made in Brazil by their own company: entirely Garrett compatible, just knock-offs really. I've seen a good record of them in the turbo-stang community and actually pulled one apart, it's decent for the money, but again: foreign.

John Urist started Hellion with Darryl Bassani's assistance. Bassani makes all the pipes, John sources turbos from Turbonetics (Garrett stuff again) and creates a kit. I have not seen any big #'s yet other than price.

Dale McPeters
01-04-2006, 09:26 AM

Lee,

They have been around for quite a while.
They have log type headers on both sides, where as Helion
just has it on the pass side. All accessories are kept in place
including smog pump etc. Good for inspections.

When I priced a kit from them for a 351w with stage V turbo's and SS
piping it was around $5300.00 (I think).

EZ SPEED
01-04-2006, 09:51 AM
There's a new Master-Power brand out and they're made in Brazil by their own company: entirely Garrett compatible, just knock-offs really. I've seen a good record of them in the turbo-stang community and actually pulled one apart, it's decent for the money, but again: foreign.

The quality of my Master Power T70 appears to be great.

We will see how well it holds up to my abuse ;)

ncontt
01-05-2006, 09:58 PM
John Urist started Hellion with Darryl Bassani's assistance. Bassani makes all the pipes, John sources turbos from Turbonetics (Garrett stuff again) and creates a kit. I have not seen any big #'s yet other than price.

On page 160 of the Nov. 05 issue of MM&FF they did an article on the Hellion kit, put on a STOCK 92 LX 5.0

kit consisted of: 62mm turbo, 42#inj. a/a intercooler, 255 pump, and all the misc. stuff.

in stock form the LX put out 190 rwhp/275rwtq
with only 9psi of boost--->392.4 rwhp/487.1 lb-ft tq. (stock computer, manual tuning of fuel pressure and timing)

they disconnected the boost ref. line for the wastegates and got 18psi (no kidding eh? lol) just to see what it would do I guess, afterwards they installed a set of AFR185's and TFS street heat power then jumped to 465/517!!!

Pretty dayam good if you ask me....they also have turbo upgrades.......

Just thought I'd share....

Brad

coupe
01-06-2006, 07:11 AM
That same turbo (actually known as a 62-1) and with a Cartech Kit, 55# injectors, and a 306 (Blakes car) he did 630/750 on his dyno. But no accessories like Hellion.

TheJeanyus
01-06-2006, 07:21 AM
That same turbo (actually known as a 62-1) and with a Cartech Kit, 55# injectors, and a 306 (Blakes car) he did 630/750 on his dyno. But no accessories like Hellion.
That car makes me :drool:.

JimS
01-13-2006, 10:17 PM
What's with the "boxes" that go around the exhaust pipes coming off the heads? Is that to keep the turbo heat away from the plug wires and heads?

Italian LX
01-13-2006, 10:25 PM
What's with the "boxes" that go around the exhaust pipes coming off the heads? Is that to keep the turbo heat away from the plug wires and heads?
If you're refering to this pic, I'm guessing that is just the jig they use to fabricate the headers.

http://vecco.net/pop/Manifold_Jig_pop.JPG

NightHawk756
01-13-2006, 10:29 PM
If you're refering to this pic, I'm guessing that is just the jig they use to fabricate the headers.

http://vecco.net/pop/Manifold_Jig_pop.JPG

Yeah, because if you look to the next pic to the right, the headers don't have the jig still attached.;)

Dale McPeters
01-24-2006, 09:35 AM

Lee,

I dug back in my emails to see what the quote was from Vecco.
Here is what they sent me on Feb. 11 2005 -

Accessories can be kept also on most setups. Pricing would be around $4900-$5200 with the Turbonetics hybrid turbochargers.

Thanks! Best Regards,
Vecco High Perf. Inc
www.vecco.com

This price was on the 351. Have not had any shipping issues etc. that I have
heard of from anyone (yet). This was for all stainless steel piping etc.

I have the budget rearranged for one of these for a certain little mustang.......:D

I also have talked to Brian at BG Turbo kits about another setup for my car....headers, intercooler etc.

Oops see post below....

Dale McPeters
01-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Oops just made a visit to turbomustangs.com and it looks like more turbo drama has developed.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=55721.msg575799#msg575799

I am beginning to think that there are only so many ways to build a turbo kit for a foxbody mustang.......:lol:

93Cobra#2771
01-24-2006, 12:29 PM
:eek:

Thats why you should never be first in line for a new product from a company. (note to self, should never have gotten the TFS TW pedestal mount heads back in 1996 :slap: )