PDA

View Full Version : First Vortech'd 05' at Walker's...

Doug904
01-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey guys,

Man I beat my head on this one but I ended up getting it, after nearly redesigning the fuel sytem. With the stock tune from Diablo/Vortech he was going deadly lean at 4500 rpm's. After a weekend of work to the car and some major tuning revisions I finally got it straight.

444rwhp and 387 rwtq

This was a totally stock 05' manual with the Vortech kit and the Aftercooler. It had alot left in the tune but I stopped it because the stock fuel pump was still being used(focus pump) and the stock spark plugs. I know we could have cleared 480 and possibly 500 but I didn't wanna scatter the 3500 mile motor.

I wont go into detail about what I had to do but I'll say this, Vortech's idea of fuel system upgrades is completely wrong. I removed the Walbro Piggy bank pump and ran the stock pump and made more fuel pressure with it.

I forgot to get the runs from Blake but I emailed him so I'll have them soon.

Later Doug.

Ponygirl
01-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey guys,

Man I beat my head on this one but I ended up getting it, after nearly redesigning the fuel sytem. With the stock tune from Diablo/Vortech he was going deadly lean at 4500 rpm's. After a weekend of work to the car and some major tuning revisions I finally got it straight.

444rwhp and 387 rwtq

This was a totally stock 05' manual with the Vortech kit and the Aftercooler. It had alot left in the tune but I stopped it because the stock fuel pump was still being used(focus pump) and the stock spark plugs. I know we could have cleared 480 and possibly 500 but I didn't wanna scatter the 3500 mile motor.

I wont go into detail about what I had to do but I'll say this, Vortech's idea of fuel system upgrades is completely wrong. I removed the Walbro Piggy bank pump and ran the stock pump and made more fuel pressure with it.

I forgot to get the runs from Blake but I emailed him so I'll have them soon.

Later Doug.
I did not know you had an '05. :pics:

Doug904
01-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Well, yes and no. I have an 05' Roush but it wasn't my car. This was a yellow Mach one replica,the guys from Hoover. I got some pics but I'll have to upload them tomorrow. I'll post them when I get the dyno sheets as well.

Thanks Doug.

94five0
01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
no joke. the "mustang source 05" showcar is doin the same things.. the standard, "mustang engine mods" don't really work on this 3v.. headers swap,=lost hp an torque when put on, cat back, same deal.. guage cluster you have to remove the complete dash...:shrug:

its a weird car from a mustang mods point of view...because everything is tied to the cpu, crank to throttle..

good seeing ya Doug..:nice:

Scothew
01-04-2006, 11:58 PM
jase, it lost hp on the headers and the tune because the car had 87 still in the tank and really needed 93 to take advantage of the new tune. Thats since been corrected, but its in the process of having hte vortech installed as we speak :p

QWKSNKE
01-05-2006, 04:59 AM
interested to see more info :nice:

94five0
01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
wow, didn't know that..

i can't beleive someone would cheap out an put 87 in a brand, new performace car?..IMO thats jus asking for trouble. throw in a supercharger and your lookin at a scattered 3v if your not careful to make sure the testing conditions stay the same from run to run... does ford still recomend BP gasoline..:D

yep.. Jason has the headunit on, supposed to be running the feed lines today.. not a bad lookin car for 900 miles..:D

Scothew
01-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Jase, the car in the factory tuned is made to run off 87. The scheduled tune came earlier than scheduled and at a spur of the moment right after the tank had been toped off. If it were scheduled further out, the tank would have been ran dry and 93 put in.

Scothew
01-31-2006, 02:59 PM
interested to see more info :nice:
update:
Vortech installed and Doug put a race tune in it just for shits and giggles. Car made 467rwhp and 404rwtq. Not quite sure the boost, but it does have the vortech aftercooler. I think its only pushing 10lbs. The a/f is still pretty rich even on that run.

Doug put a daily tune of about 400rwhp in the car. The 3v's can make some power apperently.

QWKSNKE
01-31-2006, 03:19 PM
If its running an aftercooler I bet its pushing around 14psi or a little better to make those #'s

Not bad at all

Thunderstorm
01-31-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm impressed! Man, I miss my car... :(

joker
02-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Not bad numbers at all, but they still arent near as fun to ride in as an 03/04 cobra. The torque feel just isnt there.

TheJeanyus
02-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Not bad numbers at all, but they still arent near as fun to ride in as an 03/04 cobra. The torque feel just isnt there.
:werd: Roots or twin screw ftw on weedeaters. Nothing beats the feeling that flat torque curve gives you. I made 26 LESS hp than that '05, but 85 ft lbs MORE torque with a shitty tune. :metal:

94five0
02-08-2006, 01:45 PM
yea i finally drove an 05 today. nice car defintley. probly the most refined GT i've ever riden in.. only thing i didn't like was the widened bolster dash right where your knees, its wider than the sn95 area and the E-brake is contrived..up where your armpits are it seems( least with me it was),

god forbid you get trucked from one side or the front end comes through the firewall, tht bolster would snap yer legs in two.. nice car tho,

05,yellow gt, 5 spd, hood scoop, ducktail type spoiler, mac exhaust, 10,111k, 25,500..

Doug904
02-27-2006, 06:15 AM
Did it say 281 on the hood? This was the one I tuned..I'm going back with my 3rd Vorteched' car, another 06' this time, but this time its an automatic. can't wait to see the results.

Later Doug.

QWKSNKE
02-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Did it say 281 on the hood? This was the one I tuned..I'm going back with my 3rd Vorteched' car, another 06' this time, but this time its an automatic. can't wait to see the results.

Later Doug.

me either

Scothew
02-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Wait, isnt Doug's roush an 06 and I know its an automatic :hmm: