PDA

View Full Version : O2 Eliminators or Handheld Tuner?

Brutal87
01-06-2006, 12:30 AM
My Nephew has an automatic '98 GT. The car is basically stock with a Kenny Bell CAI & UPR offroad X-Pipe. (He is planning alot more mods this summer) He has a check engine light due to the offroad X. Would you suggest the O2 eliminators or a handheld tuner to turn off the light? If the tuner.... What Tuner?

Thanks,
Carl :)

QWKSNKE
01-06-2006, 04:47 AM
Really depends on what his future mods are. If he is planning on buying a handheld tuner for tuning his car with his future mods, then yes I would wait and get one.

If his future mods don't really require a tuner, then just get the MIL eliminators

Brutal87
01-06-2006, 05:23 AM
Really depends on what his future mods are. If he is planning on buying a handheld tuner for tuning his car with his future mods, then yes I would wait and get one.

If his future mods don't really require a tuner, then just get the MIL eliminators

He's looking for: Gear, Mild Heads, Headers, Intake & Fuel system.

TheJeanyus
01-06-2006, 05:29 AM
Tuner. :yup: I wish I would have gone ahead and gotten one instead of doing MILs back when I put my ProChamber on.

97cobrasvt
01-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Tuner. :yup: I wish I would have gone ahead and gotten one instead of doing MILs back when I put my ProChamber on.

me to they have a bad habit of jaring loose and throughing the check engine light plus now I am going to have to buy a tune for my car anyway

mustangmuscle
01-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Tuner...all the way!