PDA

View Full Version : any experience with "socketless" hose?

ncontt
01-09-2006, 07:40 PM
just wondering on the merits/shortcomings as compared to using the braided lines :shrug: I know it's cheaper but anything else I should know about? I have braided lines in the engine bay and was wondering if it would be better to use one over the other for plumbing from the tank to the front....

TIA,
Brad

QWKSNKE
01-09-2006, 08:18 PM
got a link to it?

Wall96cobra
01-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Another good thing about socketless hose is you don't get the bad fuel smell. When I put braided lines on my car it smelled like it had a fuel leak all the time but that's just how the braided lines are, they allow the smell to seep through. The socketless hose is tough to get the fittings in but other thatn that there are no down sides to running it....other than it doesn't look as cool as braided lines :jester: I'd leave the braided lines in the engine compartment and run socketless back to the tank.

ncontt
01-09-2006, 09:29 PM
...other than it doesn't look as cool as braided lines :jester: I'd leave the braided lines in the engine compartment and run socketless back to the tank.

:chug: That was kinda my thinking too

ncontt
01-09-2006, 09:36 PM
got a link to it?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=AER%2DFBM1533&N=115&autoview=sku

this is what I am thinking of "replicating" w/o the price tag of course ;)

http://www.modularmustangracing.com/images/200100.jpg

I also already have the "y" blocks and the rails/and regulator, what I would be needing to get would be the lines/fittings, and the pumps/pickup and the filter

Thanks,

Brad

asilver2001gt
01-10-2006, 08:15 AM
GI Joe ran that for his fuel system after the braided line stunk up his garage and pissed him off, never had any leaks or problems with it

ncontt
01-10-2006, 02:15 PM
GI Joe ran that for his fuel system after the braided line stunk up his garage and pissed him off, never had any leaks or problems with it

:chug: :chug:

that's what I was wanting to hear...preciate it guys

Brad