PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here polish?

DSkeet
01-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I have a friend that may polish my D1SC for me but haven't gotten a price yet. Does anyone on here do that type of work? I for sure want to do the blower and possibly the intercooler. In the end I may just clean up the cooler really good and slap it on the way it is. Also who can I take all my piping to to get powdercoated? All the piping is kind of old and scratched up.

Thanks

David

QWKSNKE
01-10-2006, 06:11 PM
KB may do the powder coating for you for a smalle fee.

DSP will be offering powder coating services within a month I hope

TheJeanyus
01-10-2006, 06:25 PM
KB also polished his KB (that statement just sounds strange...:think: ) on the '03 L. He could probably at the very least give you some tips on polishing the D1. :shrug:

DSkeet
01-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know any local places that might sell the multi step polishing kits? I have looked on the web and see lots of different kits, just curious. Also, I found a chrome plating kit that is around $250. Anyone heard of anyone doing that?

QWKSNKE
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know any local places that might sell the multi step polishing kits? I have looked on the web and see lots of different kits, just curious. Also, I found a chrome plating kit that is around $250. Anyone heard of anyone doing that?

Polishing takes a good bit of time and materials. Not to mention the funny casting the blower cases are made out of. I had a coworker attempt to polish mine (same guy that did KB's) and it it didn't turn out.

Now I am just gonna powder coat in reflective chrome :D

Italian LX
01-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Polishing takes a good bit of time and materials. Not to mention the funny casting the blower cases are made out of. I had a coworker attempt to polish mine (same guy that did KB's) and it it didn't turn out.

Now I am just gonna powder coat in reflective chrome :D
Give that D-1 to me... I'll make it shine. :bling:

DSkeet
01-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Loki is gonna try it out I guess. He did the valve cover on one of my Honda's back in the day. He does a bunch of MX bikes and stuff too. I guess we'll see if he had any luck!

rtusnake
01-13-2006, 11:41 PM
I did my bike and some other stuff, Go to eastwood.com and they have all the buffing stuff you need along with the compounds. I use the red and white rouges when I did mine. The prep work before the polishing is the biggest part.

QWKSNKE
01-14-2006, 03:49 AM
Loki is gonna try it out I guess. He did the valve cover on one of my Honda's back in the day. He does a bunch of MX bikes and stuff too. I guess we'll see if he had any luck!

From what I know, Loki is good at it. I'll be interested to see how it turns out

EZ SPEED
01-14-2006, 08:10 AM
I used to poilish my stuff, but it dirty and time consuming.

Now I just powdercoat stuff ;)

DSkeet
01-14-2006, 08:44 AM
I used to poilish my stuff, but it dirty and time consuming.

Now I just powdercoat stuff ;)

Yeah my friend Rodney was kidding around about Loki and said that when he polishes something all you can see are his teeth and eyes, the rest is black from all the polishing.

Italian LX
01-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah my friend Rodney was kidding around about Loki and said that when he polishes something all you can see are his teeth and eyes, the rest is black from all the polishing.
:lol:

QWKSNKE
01-14-2006, 03:20 PM

I just got a mental picture of that :rofl: