PDA

View Full Version : Any lifter that is better than Ford

One_live95
01-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Well i was looking at summit again, i noticed that there are hydraulic roller lifters from Comp, Crane, Erson, Lunati ..... and so on. Are these any better than the Ford Racing ones?

Also what is the difference between the ones that are connected with a "vertical lift bar" and the ones that are not?

Just curious as to if there was a difference or not... theres not that great a price difference between some and the fords.

thanks, still learning all this stuff guys....lol

Jason

One_live95
01-11-2006, 02:42 PM
I'll ask this in here as well...... What range do i need to look for in a PR length checker..... summit has them fron 5.8-like 10" any brand better than the others...... need one with or without ball ends..... :shake: sometimes i just feel dumb , but i have never read about all these differences anywhere

jason

ncontt
01-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Well i was looking at summit again, i noticed that there are hydraulic roller lifters from Comp, Crane, Erson, Lunati ..... and so on. Are these any better than the Ford Racing ones?

Not sure on this one...I put Brand new FMS ones in my motor only b/c everything else was new too...lol the FMS ones run about $100+ don't they?

Also what is the difference between the ones that are connected with a "vertical lift bar" and the ones that are not?

The ones with the "lift bars" allow you not to have to run the traditional "spyder and dogbone setup" that are found in the regular roller blocks, they just basically keep the lifters from spinning in their bores and then FUBAR'ing your cam

Just curious as to if there was a difference or not... theres not that great a price difference between some and the fords.

:shrug:

Italian LX
01-11-2006, 02:54 PM
The lifters with link-bars are for use with non-roller blocks -- they don't require the dog bones/spider in the lifter valley. They are also supposedly better for higher RPM applications

There WILL be a big price difference for the link-bar lifters. They run over $400 for a set. :yup:

One_live95
01-11-2006, 03:02 PM
lunati has a set in summit for 150$ :yup:

would they be better than the FRPP's

OH yeah and any help with the PR length checker guys? :shrug:

jason

fireguy50
01-11-2006, 03:22 PM
link-bar lifters cost me over $500

look up your stock PR lenght and get a checker with that range

coupe
01-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Crane makes the FRPP's. I think they're identical to the Lunati's too. Get Fords, they're nice on the wallet.

QWKSNKE
01-11-2006, 04:03 PM
yeah I say stick with the Ford's. Pushrod checker needs to cover the 6.250 length. That is what OEM pushrods are.

04 Mach1
01-11-2006, 07:04 PM
All ford hyd-roller lifters are manufacture in the same plant just put into different boxes thats what a crane tech told me when I had one ticking. I'd buy the ones in the ford box price is better. Also have you thought on trying to run some transmission fluid through the motor? I have done this on some old sludge buckets and have had great success. Just a thought.

Wickd GT
01-11-2006, 07:10 PM
The link bars ones I have them on my motor, they are anti pump and I can rev them al the way to 7500rpms as long the spring pressure is right. Stay with the FMS, buy them from Summit or Jegs, these are good lifters, do not buy any from e-bay those are from a bad batch or rejects, they will sound like Maracas, LOL.

Edgar

coupe
01-11-2006, 07:37 PM
:lol:

1Quik85GT
01-12-2006, 12:06 AM
what Edgar said...I would go with the anti pump up lifters, that he runs... Worth the money..and very very good, I dont run them but I have build some motors with those lifters...

One_live95
01-12-2006, 12:40 AM
maracas........ lol that is what mine sound like now... that is a perfect description...... 6.25 is the stock length...thanks for the info... i am ordering this stuff next day or so..... next weekends project i hope. I have to get the car running good enough to take it to the shop and have the gears put in...... this is sad.

jason