PDA

View Full Version : Billetflow supercharger pulley and idler pulley

TheJeanyus
01-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Both get a big :nice: from me.

The Billetflow/Reichard Racing Non-slip 2.76" blower pulley netted me as much as 120 ft lbs and 80 hp through certain parts of the power band. :metal: Peak boost is now around 15 psi during the day when it's around 60 - 70 degrees, but it's hit 16 at around 30 degrees.

The single 100 mm idler pretty much eliminates any belt slip. LOTS of belt wrap on the supercharger pulley.

I have seen no signs whatsoever of slippage. Also, I'm not seeing any dust at all so it doesn't appear to be too hard on belts.

Doug at Billetflow was very helpful and a nice guy to deal with. Talked me out of spending the extra cash on the 4 piece idler set - the single gets the job done and the 4 piece is mainly for looks.

mustangmuscle
01-22-2006, 09:00 AM
I love my BF stuff, also!:metal:
And, Doug was super-nice and helpful to me, too. He's a straight-shooter, who doesnt mince words about much of anything...:bad: He went out of his way to help me, when I was in kind of a tight spot....

Just so you know and it doesnt come as a shock.....you WILL see some belt dust on your pulley and idler, in time.....just a fact. But, if the belt is aligned properly, which I'm sure yours is, the dust is a normal by-product of doing this mod. I just wipe the dust off, and keep an eye on the belt to make sure nothing weird is going on.......;)

TheJeanyus
01-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah I know there will be a little. There was a little bit that built up over time from the stock setup. Nothing that regular engine bay clean up doesn't take care of, and nothing excessive (meaning the belt is getting eaten up too fast).

mj_8
01-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Billetflow stuff rocks, Doug is a great guy to work with and makes some sweet stuff for our cars.

mustangmuscle
01-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Billetflow stuff rocks, Doug is a great guy to work with and makes some sweet stuff for our cars.

X Eleventy Zillion!!:metal:

lukem80
02-02-2006, 11:33 AM
I have the the 4 idlers... bought them off svtp message board brand new for $150... its very bling.

all my BF stuff was purchased off the message boards new/used except for the eaton hub and IRS brace..

really quality stuff here