PDA

View Full Version : Painted Side Mirrors

redhorse
01-26-2006, 07:36 AM
The exterior mirrors on Mustangs are usually black from the factory, at least the ones I see on '94-'04 cars are black. My idea is this, what would the exterior mirror look like if the whole assembly was painted the same color as the car and not flat black?

ChipR4cam
01-26-2006, 08:16 AM
It looks good. I think the 03/04 Cobra mirrors look better, but that's more money.

93Cobra#2771
01-26-2006, 09:29 AM
I just don't care for painted mirrors, myself. Look much better blacked out with tinted windows...

rtusnake
01-26-2006, 12:41 PM
I like mine painted, even though they are still black lol. I also painted my cowl panel to. Looks really good to me

Purple1995Pony
01-26-2006, 03:07 PM
I think they look great with the right color ....also the rear valence too!

QWKSNKE
01-26-2006, 03:34 PM
It looks good. I think the 03/04 Cobra mirrors look better, but that's more money.

I agree with Chip. The mirrors on the 03/04 cobras are fine painted but the rest I don't really care for.

Also, on most colors of the sn95's I think the tailight housings and rear valance look better satin black instead of body color. Gives the rear of the a much more aggressive stance

TheJeanyus
01-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Also, on most colors of the sn95's I think the tailight housings and rear valance look better satin black instead of body color. Gives the rear of the a much more aggressive stance
It looks better that way on red cars and maybe yellow, but pretty much every other color looks better to me with body color trim on the back. Especially on white, it just seems to stand out too much sometimes.

Purple1995Pony
01-26-2006, 07:23 PM
:popcorn: boils down to personal taste and the look you want I guess.... I really don't criticize too many things done on a Mustang any year because I know the owner likes or wants it that way and thats what counts....although I do draw the line on most EurAsian treatments to any Mustangs...and a few other tasteless mods too and I've seen plenty believe me!!

QWKSNKE
01-26-2006, 08:25 PM
:popcorn: boils down to personal taste and the look you want I guess.... I really don't criticize too many things done on a Mustang any year because I know the owner likes or wants it that way and thats what counts....although I do draw the line on most EurAsian treatments to any Mustangs...and a few other tasteless mods too and I've seen plenty believe me!!

agreed

J-ville4.6
01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
My Mustang is Red and I painted my mirrors glossy black, my cowl red and my rear valance flat black. I like it .

jwillburn119
01-28-2006, 09:43 AM

yeah i love the RICER CHEESE CUTTER rear spoiler thing!!!!

Purple1995Pony
01-28-2006, 07:19 PM
yeah i love the RICER CHEESE CUTTER rear spoiler thing!!!!

you mean thos ones thatare about 2 feet off the trunk lid and shake like a kite on a string ???