PDA

View Full Version : Tweecer Question

Blown 5.0
01-26-2006, 05:40 PM
I would like to know some info on the tweecer, Can this system be used on more than one car at the time. If so What would one need to get extra to use this system on more than one car. Can this system be used on a 96 4.6 ( OBD II dont know the code no.) I have used the Interseptor, PMS, Digital 7, accel. I have I have 4 cars that i keep tuned, 2 cars are blown and nitrous injected, 2 cars are naturally asprated, although one will probaly be turboed this summer. One has a A9L, and the other has the 93 cobra computer not sure of the no. I also have a blown lightning truck with a KB blowzilla that has never been tuned. We put the J&s safeguard on just to be safe, but i think it could be tuned with the rite programmer. Any insite would be appericated. Also where is a good place to buy one? I tried the tweecer site but they say they no longer sell to the public. Their links to the dealers wont work.

QWKSNKE
01-26-2006, 05:47 PM
no it cannot be installed on more than one vehicle at a time.

93 cobra computer is x3z. Honestly on the obd II cars I would look at SCT pro racer package. Its the same as the tweecer though, you can only use one per vehicle.

Dale McPeters has a setup where he is able to use the tweecer on cars to get the tune right then with some software he found somewhere he can transfer it over to a moates chip

Dale McPeters
01-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Dale McPeters has a setup where he is able to use the tweecer on cars to get the tune right then with some software he found somewhere he can transfer it over to a moates chip

I only use the TwEECer to datalog with now on the EEC-IV cars.
I am thinking of buying a new setup for datalogging only on the
EEC-IV's from RACE Systems. Craig say's he has a system now
that will read the file from the TwEECer.

Lee, I will drop you an email after I get back from the Dyno on
Saturday. Gonna go watch Joe play......:D

93Cobra#2771
01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
The SnEEC, I assume? Pretty nice system for datalogging...

Dale McPeters
01-27-2006, 11:51 AM
The SnEEC, I assume? Pretty nice system for datalogging...

Yes sir..........:D
You never know old man Joe may need to borrow it.....:jester:
By the way did you know he is an SCT Dealer now?
He sent me an email a couple of days ago talking about the
Barrett-Jackson "rich" people from his trip there and told me he
had bought in as an SCT Dealer.

86GT
01-27-2006, 03:28 PM
I am thinking of buying a new setup for datalogging only on the
EEC-IV's from RACE Systems. Craig say's he has a system now
that will read the file from the TwEECer.

You could get the ELM 327 (aka Scan tool 5) for datalogging. The EA has the built in ability to log data from the OBDII.

Dale McPeters
01-29-2006, 08:02 PM
You could get the ELM 327 (aka Scan tool 5) for datalogging. The EA has the built in ability to log data from the OBDII.

Crap I had forgotten about that Clint.

Thanks. :D

86GT
01-29-2006, 09:58 PM
The best thing about the EA is you can configure what you want to log or monitor. If the PID is not there and you know the address it can be add with no problem.

The only thing to keep in mind is that OBDII standards dictate that the processor must respond within 100ms for a given request. In most cases this is not a problem as the processor usually responds faster than that on FORDS. Ford uses a PWM protocol which is faster than all of the other with exception to CAN. Not to bother you with all of the details, but the EA usually can log 15 parameters within a second. The lower the number of parameters the faster the polling. and vise versa.

93Cobra#2771
01-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Yes sir..........:D
You never know old man Joe may need to borrow it.....:jester:
By the way did you know he is an SCT Dealer now?
He sent me an email a couple of days ago talking about the
Barrett-Jackson "rich" people from his trip there and told me he
had bought in as an SCT Dealer.
You should tell him to avoid the dark side... :rofl:

Dale McPeters
01-30-2006, 01:44 PM
You should tell him to avoid the dark side... :rofl:

:lol:
After some very detailed instruction on the latest SCT software
from Joe Lynch at the dyno Saturday, all I can say is WOW!!!!!
It took him less than 10 min. to setup a base tune for an EEC-V
blower car. It would have taken me 2-3 hours to make the same base tune.
All I can say is that the software has come a long way since the days
of the old GUI-Pro EEC-Tuner software.