PDA

View Full Version : Tweecer Pros

slvrbullit
01-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Need help here, I am using a CBAZA strategy on my 95 GT, had a pro m 75mm cal'd for 30#er's, 30#er's in the car but had no flow sheet on the MAF. Every now and then I would get some extremely high MAFV readings. Installed a new Pro-M 80mm cal'd for 30's and typed in the data in the caledit and I am still getting extremely high MAFV's like in the 300,000 range. This is the only bogus datalog number I am getting, all the other are looking correct. Me and Lee and Italian are at wits end on this.

Disney Lincoln
01-28-2006, 01:35 PM
During the DL you are showing MAFV in the 300,000 range?? That would point to either a bad ECU, bad TwEECer or maybe just a bad connection between teh EEC and TwEECer. Everything else seem OK on the car? Does it run OK? Anything else look wierd at the point where the MAFV fgoes crazy?

QWKSNKE
01-28-2006, 03:04 PM
If I understood him correctly last night on the phone, the car will not run with the stock tune, 30# scalar change, plus maf data from Pro-m.

Italian LX
01-28-2006, 03:07 PM
If I understood him correctly last night on the phone, the car will not run with the stock tune, 30# scalar change, plus maf data from Pro-m.
But he did have it running on a stock tune and the MAF was still giving the weird readings. I'm leaning towards a bad connetion at the TwEECer/CPU.

slvrbullit
01-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Well took the computer apart and cleaned the contacts real good, still gave me high reading, now the tweecer will not write gives me a "null Read" window.

Dale McPeters
02-01-2006, 02:31 PM
If you are absolutely sure that the connections are clean, then check to make sure that the TwEECer is not pushed to far or not pushed far enough onto the EEC J3 port. Some of the TwEECers have a different style connector that works with the later model EEC-V's and when plugged in to the '88-'95 cars they normally would push in to far. IF this is the case you can make a
spacer out of cardboard etc. to space it out about 1/4" from the EEC case.

If it is not this then I would say that you have a bad connection, bad TwEECer or bad PCM.

86GT
02-02-2006, 12:13 AM
I have seen on a couple of PCMs where the traces are not complete, meaning that there is a break in the solder run from the J3 connector and the rest of the ciricut. This was on an A9T and a EX1.

I would first try what Dale said first.

Dale McPeters
02-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Here is one Mike Glovers older posts that I ran across that goes with the above....

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:27 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NoviCane wrote:
I found that a tooth pick worked really well.

What color is your connector on the TwEECer, Green or Blue? If it is green, then you may need to squeeze the metal fingers of the tweecer connector towards the center (top or bottom row, not both). The green EDAC connector is generally too wide for the VERY thin 99+ EECV PC boards. Compressing these "fingers" together will make a more consistent connection.

Mike Glover

slvrbullit
02-03-2006, 06:43 PM
I got it to work finally, had to remove the computer from the stock location and leave it in the floor. Also Italian told me about the maf conversion in caledit not saving the right voltages when you save a MAF and told me to enter the points in eec analyzer to get a correct curve to save.

Problem now is that when I first start the car it sounds like it has a miss until it get warmed up, then runs fine but shut car off and crank it back up it hunts for idle and tries to die.

QWKSNKE
02-03-2006, 08:44 PM
its to rich in open loop

slvrbullit
02-04-2006, 08:56 AM
I have tried and tried to analyze some datalogs, but gives me errors everytime I calculate.