PDA

View Full Version : Tweecer for 01 Cobras?

Wicked
01-15-2005, 09:21 PM
I saw on there sight that they have the Tweecer for my car but does it have all the features and capability that they have for the 5.0's?
Would this be a good idea rather than a chip reburn? I've always wanted a alternative to having someone else tune my car.

What are the pros/cons of the tweecer system?

banditmwp
01-15-2005, 10:39 PM
I saw on there sight that they have the Tweecer for my car but does it have all the features and capability that they have for the 5.0's?
Would this be a good idea rather than a chip reburn? I've always wanted a alternative to having someone else tune my car.

con = increased advil costs :yup:

:D

I would actually think the Tweecer would have a greater benefit for your car than the pushrods (just speculating here) because the EEC has a greater-reaching control over the engine with the DOHC timing. :shrug:

Sendero
01-15-2005, 11:03 PM

The only "decreased" functionality I've had was I can't datalog as many similtaneous tags as the 5.0L's. You won't have as many things to play with as the 5.0 strategies, but you will have what counts the most.

But if you have to have everything, I'd suggest SCT.

EZ SPEED
01-16-2005, 04:56 AM
Get the SCT Pro Racer kit from Modular Depot. I just ordered it for my 03L...now I can do my own tuning on it :metal:

Wicked
01-16-2005, 08:14 AM
Wow, didn't realize it was that affordable. So if I was to be able to afford the SCT stuff, I'd technically be able to tune other peoples cars as well correct?

QWKSNKE
01-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Wow, didn't realize it was that affordable. So if I was to be able to afford the SCT stuff, I'd technically be able to tune other peoples cars as well correct?

no. it " marry's " itself to your car. From what I understand once it has been hooked to your car it will not transfer to any car. It is not interchangeable.

You have to buy the dealers package to tune other cars ( Around $10k I believe)

Wicked
01-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Okay, thats what I figured. Cool either way. I can't afford it now and am in no particular hurry to decide.

EZ SPEED
01-16-2005, 09:03 AM
no. it " marry's " itself to your car. From what I understand once it has been hooked to your car it will not transfer to any car. It is not interchangeable.

You have to buy the dealers package to tune other cars ( Around $10k I believe)

True....but like a TwEECer you could remove it and install it on another car...just not at the same time

EZ SPEED
01-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Brad, the SCT Pro Racer Kit is $795 and now you get the Raptor datalogger for free $475 value. So basically all you need is a wideband O2 or access to a dyno.
Lee and I were discussing the wideband, and the way we see it...you can get quite a few dyno runs for the $400-$500 you would spend on the wideband. About 8hrs worth of dyno time ;)

I am hoping my SCT Pro will be here by the end of the week along with the SCT BA MAF I ordered last week. Sometime this week I will order the 60# injectors....know anyone that needs some 42#'s ?

QWKSNKE
01-16-2005, 09:57 AM
True....but like a TwEECer you could remove it and install it on another car...just not at the same time

Did they change it? When they first come out you could not do that. The only way it could be put on the car was if you sent it back to SCT and had them clear it. Something about it mated with the VIN in the PCM :shrug:

EZ SPEED
01-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Did they change it? When they first come out you could not do that. The only way it could be put on the car was if you sent it back to SCT and had them clear it. Something about it mated with the VIN in the PCM :shrug:

I havent heard that one. I will let you know when I get my pass into the "Tuning Forums" on MD

Wicked
01-16-2005, 01:52 PM
....know anyone that needs some 42#'s ?

I might.

I have access to NTK Wideband sensors. I currently have about 12 of them(FREEBIE!), if you did decide to go with a wideband and used one that worked with NTKs I could supply them for cheap.

EZ SPEED
01-16-2005, 05:59 PM
I might.

I have access to NTK Wideband sensors. I currently have about 12 of them(FREEBIE!), if you did decide to go with a wideband and used one that worked with NTKs I could supply them for cheap.

Tell me some more....I am not quite sure what you mean

NTKs?

Wicked
01-16-2005, 08:22 PM
The NTK's are lab grade sensors and much more expensive($150-180) than the bosch sensors that come with most wideband kits. The NTK's(2 of them actually) are standard equipment on the 05 Odyssey. :D

QWKSNKE
01-16-2005, 08:53 PM
I havent heard that one. I will let you know when I get my pass into the "Tuning Forums" on MD

:nice:

Think Casey would know? Isn't he the one you told me today that had the SCT stuff already?

EZ SPEED
01-17-2005, 04:12 AM
:nice:

Think Casey would know? Isn't he the one you told me today that had the SCT stuff already?

Thats a good idea...I will try to email him later and ask.