PDA

View Full Version : smog system

89 Hoss
02-09-2006, 09:23 AM
I was trying to install headers on my Fox body. I broke 3 hard plastic lines coming from the smog system. Can I take all the lines out and which ones do I need to plug off? When we installed the xpipe the smog system was not hooked up any way so can remove the hoses?

Italian LX
02-09-2006, 09:34 AM
If you come out to the shop this weekend, we'll show you what needs to be done as far as removal.

89 Hoss
02-09-2006, 09:40 AM
I was trying to install headers on my Fox body. I broke 3 hard plastic lines coming from the smog system. Can I take all the lines out and which ones do I need to plug off? When we installed the xpipe the smog system was not hooked up any way so can remove the hoses?
k thanks, is there anything I can do before I get there?

coupe
02-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Those damn things get so brittle. Italian, you might want to put the solution/diagram in the FAQ section?

89 Hoss
02-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Those damn things get so brittle. Italian, you might want to put the solution/diagram in the FAQ section?
another question I can't remember what the xpipe looked like before but does it ride lower than the factory it drug a little yesterday I did not notice it before I tell you I almost sold that sucker yesterday. Seems like it had dropped allittle but I am crawling under it today to get a better look at it.

banditmwp
02-09-2006, 06:17 PM
another question I can't remember what the xpipe looked like before but does it ride lower than the factory it drug a little yesterday I did not notice it before I tell you I almost sold that sucker yesterday. Seems like it had dropped allittle but I am crawling under it today to get a better look at it.
Don't forget the car's lower overall with the new springs. ;)

Crzypny
02-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Those damn things get so brittle.

:werd: We broke a couple of the lines when removing my smog pump.