PDA

View Full Version : AutoMeter Service Dept. = A+++++

Italian LX
02-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I bought an AutoMeter 5774 electric nitrous pressure gauge off of Ebay a month ago for $118.00 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4601564988&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

After installing the gauge, I found out that it didn't work correctly. With no pressure on the line, it would 'zero' around 250psi and it seemed to be about 300 or so psi off at the upper pressures. On top of that, the readings seemed to raise slowly as the temperature increased in the engine compartment. I assumed it was a bad sending unit and I was kind of upset since the auction was sold as "great working condition, and also works flawlessly."

The seller did respond to my complaint, but quickly pointed out that is was sold "as is" and he claims it worked when he shipped it. I suggested that he contact the shipper and see if they would cover it. He was slow to respond and I just decided to go ahead and send it to AutoMeter and see how much the repair was.

I shipped it two Thursdays ago (they recieved it on Tuesday, February 7th according to my UPS tracking number). I came home today to find a package from them that contained a BRAND NEW gauge/sending unit including all the hardware, instructions and even a complete unmolested wiring harness (I had only sent back part of the harness since it would've been too much trouble to rip it out of the car). Along with the replacement was a service order sheet with N/C in the cost column! :metal:

I'm not sure if they were able to determine that the gauge wasn't that old and covered it under warranty or what, but needless to say that I am extremely pleased with both the free replacement and the extremely quick turn-around time.

AutoMeter = :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice:

CrimsonRacing
02-15-2006, 06:34 PM
I had a similar episode with my 6AL...........

Unfortunately it was wired HOT all the time when the '88 was built......In a short time it burnt out.......

Called Paul had him come with the trailer and take it to his shop.Jason found the problem immediately.Paul suggested we just send it to MSD to see what might happen.4 days later what arrives........

a brand NEW 6AL for no charge..........:banana:

Think they found a problem and shipped a new one anyhow.......

None the less.....I was thrilled and Paul was completely shocked........

:metal:

EZ SPEED
02-16-2006, 04:51 AM
Nice :nice:

Skillet
02-16-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm glad Autometer stands behind their products. I am picking up my cobalt series gauges today. :banana:

ncontt
02-16-2006, 04:19 PM
I had a very similar thing happen to myself....bought gauge...from corral/ebay(wherever, can't remember now) but at any rate the needle fell off before I had a chance to even install it, called em up, the said ship it to us and within 2 weeks I say, I had a brand new one too.......get a big thumbs up from me....

Craig K.
02-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Autometer is a great company, very customer oriented.
My brother had worked at Autometer in there design, advertisment and track support group about 10 years ago.

lukem80
05-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Autometer does make some cool stuff... but they don't make a wideband do they? :bs: