PDA

View Full Version : Magnaflow X-pipe...

mustangmuscle
02-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Where to get the best deal on a Magnaflow catted-X?

Thanks!

Chris

TheJeanyus
02-18-2006, 12:22 AM
Not sure these days, but Ninosport.com used to have really good prices on exhaust stuff. :nice:

mustangmuscle
02-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Not sure these days, but Ninosport.com used to have really good prices on exhaust stuff. :nice:

Thanks!
Will check them out...

lukem80
02-21-2006, 09:53 AM
ebay?

this is the only one i could find for sale on ebay.. which usually means this isn't a good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-03-Ford-Mustang-GT-Cobra-MagnaFlow-x-pipe-w-cats_W0QQitemZ8003747630QQcategoryZ33630QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

mustangmuscle
02-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Got my Maggie catted-x yesterday!:banana:

Its purdy!!!:metal:

Me and lukem80 are putting it on Sat., along with a few other things...;)

Cant wait to fire that heifer up and see what she sounds like....:chug:

TheJeanyus
02-23-2006, 09:39 PM
along with a few other things...;)
2.93" ring and a 4 psi lower by any chance? :evil:

Cant wait to fire that heifer up and see what she sounds like....:chug:
It's going to sound nice. I can't wait to hear it. :nice:

mustangmuscle
02-24-2006, 11:41 AM
2.93" ring and a 4 psi lower by any chance? :evil:

It's going to sound nice. I can't wait to hear it. :nice:

Dude, are you a mind-reader, or what???;)

That WAS gonna be my next mod, but was advised against it by Ed@RWTD. He said to wait until the blower is ported before doing the lower....see much better results that way, according to him.....

Gonna do the Hilton boost overlay, oil separator, put my stock springs back on, and of course, the x-pipe....Will try and get some video and post it up when we get done....

TheJeanyus
02-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Dude, are you a mind-reader, or what???;)

That WAS gonna be my next mod, but was advised against it by Ed@RWTD. He said to wait until the blower is ported before doing the lower....see much better results that way, according to him.....

Gonna do the Hilton boost overlay, oil separator, put my stock springs back on, and of course, the x-pipe....Will try and get some video and post it up when we get done....
Stock springs? Huh?

Yeah, I agree that porting the blower first is probably a good idea. I'll most likely do both at once, except I'm planning to keep my upper and do a 2 psi lower. Should make about the same boost with a lighter lower pulley (easier to turn) while turning the alt and idler pullies slower (less lost horsepower). It might only make 2 - 3 horsepower difference, but we'll see...eventually.

mustangmuscle
02-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Stock springs? Huh?

Yeah, I agree that porting the blower first is probably a good idea. I'll most likely do both at once, except I'm planning to keep my upper and do a 2 psi lower. Should make about the same boost with a lighter lower pulley (easier to turn) while turning the alt and idler pullies slower (less lost horsepower). It might only make 2 - 3 horsepower difference, but we'll see...eventually.

The Race springs are awesome, just not quite low enough for me. Plus they're progressive, dont wanna cut 'em. So gonna cut the stockers and see how it goes. Probably put the H&R's up for sale.....

Ditto, on the blower port and lower.......again, ur reading my mind!!!! :metal:

TheJeanyus
02-24-2006, 01:20 PM
The Race springs are awesome, just not quite low enough for me. Plus they're progressive, dont wanna cut 'em. So gonna cut the stockers and see how it goes. Probably put the H&R's up for sale.....

Ditto, on the blower port and lower.......again, ur reading my mind!!!! :metal:
:hmm: Let me know about the H&Rs. I'm broke, but I'll see what I can do.

mustangmuscle
02-24-2006, 07:47 PM
:hmm: Let me know about the H&Rs. I'm broke, but I'll see what I can do.

Sure!
They are awesome....really "tighten" up the handling. I shoulda never used the MM iso's with them. Give's absolutely no drop that way. Looks pretty good with the stock iso's, but am going for a little more drop, still......They are progressive, so cant really cut 'em. Gonna chop those stockers and give them another chance..........

TheJeanyus
02-24-2006, 10:49 PM
I've considered cutting my stock springs, too. Especially after the pictures of that DSG car that I posted in The Studio. :drool:

mustangmuscle
02-25-2006, 06:37 AM
I've considered cutting my stock springs, too. Especially after the pictures of that DSG car that I posted in The Studio. :drool:

Gonna try and take some before and after pics.......hopefully some vid, too!:banana:

Ditto on that DSG!!!!

mustangmuscle
02-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Gonna try and take some before and after pics.......hopefully some vid, too!:banana:

Ditto on that DSG!!!!

Well, we got-r-dun! I should say LUKE got-r-dun, since he did all the work:chug: I just "gophered" for tools. Thanks again, Bro....u did an awesome job!

The weather SUKd, so no pics or vid yet. Neither of us wanted to stand in the pouring rain to use either camera...:banana:

But, the car turned out perfect, imho. Sounds mean and pissed-off...exactly what I was going for:metal: And finally got the drop I wanted....low and mean

Hopefully will get the camera out when the weather clears.....

TheJeanyus
02-25-2006, 11:32 PM
:nice:

mustangmuscle
02-26-2006, 08:54 AM
:nice:

Damn Dude........that torque is insane!!!:metal:

TheJeanyus
02-26-2006, 10:13 AM
:yup: :D

lukem80
02-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Well, we got-r-dun! I should say LUKE got-r-dun, since he did all the work

you did do some work.. you worried enough for ALL of us while I moved your car around on the lift.... ;)

I hope you are happy with that drop... if not we can always buy some used coupe springs off SVTP for $50 bucks and try again!!!!!

What kinda mods did this boy change to get that much TQ? That dyno was prolly way off? :jester:

TheJeanyus
02-27-2006, 01:36 PM
I didn't change a thing. Exhaust, CAI, 2.76" BF pulley. My car is just a freak. :shrug:

mustangmuscle
02-27-2006, 04:24 PM
I didn't change a thing. Exhaust, CAI, 2.76" BF pulley. My car is just a freak. :shrug:

Your car is a freak! :metal: