PDA

View Full Version : stupid question.......gotta have help....

One_live95
02-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Ok guys, AFR heads, the heads have numbers on the bottom...... 1234, and 5678, which i am sure refers to cylinder location......However the smog hole seems to be on the front of the 1234 head, and the vice versa, so if i put the smog hole to the rear on pass side of car...... i will have to use the 5678 head. Does that make sense or am i going wrong here

i must add that the smog hole appears to be plugged...... thats how i got them......and i couldn't break it loose...

jason

ps..... if anyone was feeling generous with their info, they could pm me a number or something and if i had more questions(shouldn't) i could ask. lol

qkjuicedpony
02-18-2006, 08:44 AM
im hoping you are taking off all of the smog equipment anyways...i would

as for th eholes.there are threaded inserts that go in the holes if you use them in the front so you can bolt your accessories back up and for the rear you can just plug them off

it doesnt matter which head goes on which side of the motor

One_live95
02-18-2006, 08:45 AM
yeah all the smog has been gone..... i am just trying to make sure i don't F' this install up..... i am running out of dough....lol 30$ headgaskets don't help.....lol

jason

BTW...... thanks for the quick reply...

Disney Lincoln
02-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Doesn't matter which side they go on (number wise). I would just plug the smog holes anyways. You can either use a 5/8" coarse thread bolt, or you can put a threaded insert into that side of the head also.